A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Eh, you have to consider other levels as well: if you were to include a darker level, she'd likely blend into that if the colours matched, where as she'd stand out if left with that pallette. Kinda like a tightrope if you ask me, no hard work and you're gonna fall.

I'd recommend making her fur darker as well, though, if you're gonna go with that.

So make her palette dependent on the level. She can be darker when she needs to be darker, and lighter when she needs to be lighter, and nobody's going to notice and think it's a mistake or anything.

Yo, check out my project too!!!

head on down to sonic-online.com

we need team members !!!

Hurry over before your moderators become green with envy!!!

[qimg]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6845/1118959.gif[/qimg]

Hyper Galaxy Wars

This looks promising. This project is the reason I'm still alive. Keep up the good work you goddamn handsome, sexy and boner-inducing motherfucker!

XeroNazo, that's the nicest thing i've ever heard from any one, especially from a member over here, thanks man. im busting my ass working on this project, it's been almost two now, and we're just getting to promoting it. if you'd like to "join the team" (i.e. constructive critisism, adding ideas and submitting sprite sheets, programming, networking etc. all of the above) We'd love to have your contribution.

Serephim, Strife. Thank you, I appreciate the support, and you are both welcome to join as well.

and yes, Falk. I am a nice guy, I'm just assertive when it comes to taking shit from folks now'n'days.

Yup.

But anyway, this is the project, it's pretty simple.

Metal Slug x Sonic the Hedgehog

Featuring ALL of the characters, some new, possible fanmade ones

If you have a sheet with decent quality we can find a way to implement it

I need Team Members of all sorts; spriters, programmers, promoters, whatever. Basically, i need more people, to do whatever they can.

At this point in time I have only two Team Members. One artist who draws by hand, and another awesome person helping me obtain permission to use resources like sheets, and music and what not.

It's just me, myself and i right now.

Help me out over here!!!

XeroNazo, that's the nicest thing i've ever heard from any one, especially from a member over here, thanks man. im busting my ass working on this project, it's been almost two now, and we're just getting to promoting it. if you'd like to "join the team" (i.e. constructive critisism, adding ideas and submitting sprite sheets, programming, networking etc. all of the above) We'd love to have your contribution.

Serephim, Strife. Thank you, I appreciate the support, and you are both welcome to join as well.

and yes, Falk. I am a nice guy, I'm just assertive when it comes to taking shit from folks now'n'days.

Yup.

But anyway, this is the project, it's pretty simple.

Metal Slug x Sonic the Hedgehog

Featuring ALL of the characters, some new, possible fanmade ones

If you have a sheet with decent quality we can find a way to implement it

I need Team Members of all sorts; spriters, programmers, promoters, whatever. Basically, i need more people, to do whatever they can.

At this point in time I have only two Team Members. One artist who draws by hand, and another awesome person helping me obtain permission to use resources like sheets, and music and what not.

It's just me, myself and i right now.

Help me out over here!!!

My advice, learn to do all of those things or at least programming & spriting as they are basically what you need to start yourself off on a good project. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation from others who you can't and shouldn't rely on for your project. Very rarely does a team effort actually work. But don't let that stop you from trying.

Yeah I know, I kinda run into trouble with some of that super-technical mathematical sh!+ and im not the greatest spriter, you know? I've been programming for like 4 or 5 years strong, and i still have a hard time figuring things out, so a little help or guidance is always helpful.

Let's put it this way.. I'm not here to roast the shit out of your admin, i just want to promote my work, and stay to my little corner of the internet.

But yes i did roast the shit out of a couple fools.

And no i'm not taking any shit from nobody.

Hear?

I stick to the rules and generally, i'm quite respectful.

Figure i deserve a fair shot as well.

@ SONICVISION.

I suggest you to stop flaming at us and not more or less beg for team-mates.

Being friendly and making your project reliable makes it easier to find helpers.

Also, sonic crossovers aren't really that popular,unless it is made REALLY good.

Not trying to be rude,just some advice for you.

That looks really cool LH. Use lots of that green (like you already are) it will keep the gray from making the level looked washed out. Not saying the gray is bad, its just easy to make look gray look bad if you aren't careful. Another thought, you could do a kind of gray blue like the collapsing pillars from the original SSZ.

[qimg]http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1556&stc=1&d=1333468089[/qimg]

Trying to make something interesting in this design.

Will start working on Future patterns this Friday.]

EDIT: Anyone has ideas for gimmicks?

cloud powerup box

wind stream path generated by spindash

take marble garden's spinning top gimmick and just make it a davinci helicopter

do it

(Lol this is actually pretty fun)

[qimg]http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-5865/fags.gif[/qimg]

Playing around with a lighting gimmick, probably gonna toss it, but it looks sort of neat. Tiles are WIP which is why there's so much repetitiveness

the file format destroys the GIF, but i think as long as the screen isnt washed out by the light then its as good a gimmick as any?

I actually like the stage tiles, they look like they fit your light/dark gimmick very well.