A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Overbound

it's something like it, but the original idea of the level was to do something like i did at the first zone with the tiles and etc, but in a more epic environment

@Sparks

actually, for this level it probably won't lag, i was aware of this there when doing it

@Serephim, LH The Hedgehog, Hobbes, Strife, XeroNazoBlaze, P3DR0

wow, thanks a lot

I know. This isn't exactly Angel Island from Sonic 3. This is a fangame screenshot thread, yes? In Mecha Madness, Hydrocity is a real city now. The old S3 level is now in ruins past a hydroelectric plant at the waterfall at the end of AIZ.

No, you're right. It makes more sense to change it.

Not sure which half of that is sarcasm, but okay. I didn't catch that this was about Mecha Madness.

Prometheus sideboss i did a while back for my fangame, Tails Adventure 2. A bit unpolished, but meh. Sorry everything is ugly, didn't spend much time on cosmetics.

This is probably the last thing i'll ever do with this game...at least, using MMF2. Everything i wanted to do turned out somewhat halfway the way i intended it to.

But in the engine im building with Construct, things are looking way better. I'll probably end up changing the name, and i've already got plans for including Sonic into the game as a playable character, with a fighting moveset that will actually capitalize on speed / momentum damage, but still allow for combos, unlike in Brawl. It's actually pretty exciting to do.

@Serephim That looks really good. I'm surprised that you're going to start over from scratch with construct. It looks like it took you a while to make all this happen.....

Reminding me of the fact that i probably might make a sonic fangame after skywind that resembles mirrors edge.

phoenixdevelop3.png

Before someone tries to kill me for showing an engine level, lemme explain.

So.. I was bored, and I just noticed how smooth and nice the new Sonic Phoenix Engine 2.0 was going.

When playing it with Super Sonic, I tried to... well, copy some Sonic generations features this time. One of them was Super Sonic's Flying ability.

Costs no rings. You just have to boost and, when you pass a slope that goes down or an edge, you'll simply start to fly for a limited time (until your Boost power goes off).

I may be releasing an engine test soon, gotta get some feedback. And then... I think you won't really ignore this.

That looks really good. I'm surprised that you're going to start over from scratch with construct. It looks like it took you a while to make all this happen.....

Makes me feel like an idiot too, especially since the reason i havent gotten anywhere past "engine test" or even defined the combat system yet (most everything is debug key mapped) is because of me feeling like im wasting my time on a Fangame. I've got files from builds of this game that date all the way back to 2006 i think. It's gotten to a point where the stuff i want to do just isn't working out on MMF2 though. I've had to compensate for too much engine wise.

But it's okay, because my whole point for staying with the engine is that i'd be able to use its framework for other original games in the future. Construct handles instances exponentially better than MMF2 does, which is where 80% of my hatred for the MMF2 engine comes from. Nothing feels solid enough for me to work on it without wanting to change stuff.

I could redo things in MMF2, but it's better to just redo everything from scratch with the added hindsight of the MMF2 screwups in mind. But at the moment, just nothing is solid enough for me to continue making the kind of game i wanted with this program.

Reminds me of some Mecha Madness.

Speaking of Mecha Madness, Sonic is probably going to end up in this game too. Tails has all the elemental gimmicks in this one, so Sonic is basically going to be strictly speed. I had a stroke of genius in a potential playstyle for him that nobody's really done.

Basically a Sonic version of this:

Which i think would look awesome, since i see no fun way of the usual Homing Attack stuff. Embracing the fact that the Homing Attack AND Boost is apparently a very real, canon abiity of Sonic now, i think i can use both of those in a pretty fun way.

Hez, you are to me one of the greatest fangame(or perhaps general games if you will) makers out there together withe lakefepard to me.

I love how you guys make "engaging" yet the same time fair sonic games. It's as if you guys put much thought into those kind of things during the process.

Albeit alittle slow, neat video. Nice shields there but I hope changing shields doesnt have to stop the flow each time. Well its optional anyway heh. Cant wait and as much I loved sonic classic 1, I do hope this one will be less glitchy lol :P

*major thumbs up

Edit: Lol well, I hope that song for labyrinth zone gets replaced in the final build. Also nice tease at the end heh

Frame rate issue is my computer and its inability to record while playing. It's completely fine otherwise. And yes, it will be much less glitchy, as I am not setting any sort of release date until its like 99 percent done. I made the mistake before, not doing it again. I do apologize to everyone for rushing Classic 1, I just wanted it to be done. And at the time, I thought I was done forever.

Hez, that game is rockin! :D I'm a huge fan of the interface there. The graphics are also really vibrant and colorful, just how a Sonic game should be.

The millisecond counter on the HUD kinda bothers me since it only goes up to 60 and doesn't seem connected to the seconds counter at all. But, that can be forgiven. xD;

FP screenies ahoy:

21jw3m9.png

Stage select screen for Time Attack mode. I'll probably use a different method of selection for Adventure mode.

14sfb5y.png

I don't think this miniboss's weakness is intuitive enough... I'll probably make it vulnerable to normal attacks as well, with the weakness being more a of a time-saver.

Releasing a fan game is one of the hardest things in the development, simply because there will be always something wrong with it, no matter what.

btw, Level Map time!

TTZ act 3:http://i.imgur.com/5MqQq.png

AAZ act 1:http://i.imgur.com/odBJ7.jpg

i only did those because there is something kinda big coming up, i'm not going to reveal it this early but it's something you will not expect

@Strife: gorgeous as usual. I can't believe how pretty the big blue crystals are on the first screen.

@LakeFeperd: can't see much at that zoom level, but they look like large acts with a nice level design.

@Cleberson: nice, I like the background here. The colors are pretty.