A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Everytime i look at your Hidden Palace level, LakeFeperd, i think of Christmas.

Also, i finished my new boss attacks and his animations. It takes 4 hits to defeat him with the platforms and 8 with shield jumps or smarmy Tails.

I like the boss idea, but i think you should probably give a better hint as to what to do to attack him. Maybe a small flash or something.

If you didn't have an annotation to tell me what was going on, i'd never have known.

Everytime i look at your Hidden Palace level, LakeFeperd, i think of Christmas.

Also, i finished my new boss attacks and his animations. It takes 4 hits to defeat him with the platforms and 8 with shield jumps or smarmy Tails.

I love how you incorporated a level gimmick into a boss. Will this be a reoccurring theme throughout the zones?

I'm still dreaming for the part where you make a 360 engine act like this:

(0:48)

I did, but not for a 2D game creation tool :P

Well, in any case anyone is wondering, StencylWorks is a quite nifty 2D Game Studio suite to create Flash and iOS games, completely free and quite intuitive. Actor's behaviors are scripted either in Flash or in Scratch Drag & Drop fashion. The API is a little bit undocumented (had to figure out a lot of things by myself) but it's quite powerful once you figure out how it works.

Game Studio in a Box—For Free

We bring you "the Works." (No delivery charge required.)

Welcome to StencylWorks, 2D game creation done right. StencylWorks isn't your average game creation software; it's a gorgeous, intuitive toolset that integrates seamlessly with the Stencyl ecosystem.

Exclusive collaboration and sharing features will have you making Flash games in a flash. For free.

(iOS support is on its way, too.)

No Coding Required

Snap blocks together. Kid tested. MIT approved.

Our drag-and-drop gameplay designer builds off the wildly successful MIT Scratch project. We extend Scratch's simple block-snapping interface with new functionality and hundreds of ready-to-use blocks. Power users can create their own blocks to use and share with others.

For the programmers out there, we offer a powerful "code mode" interface (complete with code completion) for writing behaviors via our ActionScript 3 API. (You can also use an external editor of your choosing.) AS3 code is a first-class citizen; it interacts seamlessly with "Design Mode" behaviors and can even be embedded inside them!

You can get it here

I did, but not for a 2D game creation tool :P

Well, in any case anyone is wondering, StencylWorks is a quite nifty 2D Game Studio suite to create Flash and iOS games, completely free and quite intuitive. Actor's behaviors are scripted either in Flash or in Scratch Drag & Drop fashion. The API is a little bit undocumented (had to figure out a lot of things by myself) but it's quite powerful once you figure out how it works.

You can get it here

What, they actually released it?

Eh. The Scratch system in Stencyl is a huge turn-off in itself, and Flash (which still has terrible performance compared to everything else) is slowly being replaced by HTML5, which Construct 2 already does, and eventually, so much more (still in 'beta', mind you).

Speaking of which... Screw screenshots, I've got HTML5 previews. Make sure you have the latest version of your browser.

Basically, I'm restarting Digimon World Legends as a Construct 2 project, and I plan on showing a full demo at SAGE, fully playable in the booth... And since the booths will be shown as panes, it may be the first fangame playable right on the SAGE site. Nuts.

Once collision polygons are implemented in C2, I'll make a Sonic 360 engine lickety-split.