A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Haha, do you remember the last time we spoke? You rang me up at like 1AM absolutely wasted outside the union. You didn't even know it was me at first!

And you definitely should get back into it, I need help as it is. Maybe not so 50:50 like XG was, let me just do almost everything and you just act some kind of director gentleman pointing me in various directions and making those tiny little adjustments you do that just make things so much better. :D!

Plus then it doesn't pull you from any partying uni work and such. Muwahah, what an offer! Gather your chutzpah euan, you know you want to.

snowshadow.png

snowr.png

For a snow level with or without the shadow? Oh and anything else you think might be changed for the better.

Edit there is a minor mistake in that that very small crystal thing on the top infront of the black is supposed to go one blue one purple. Not purple half blue half purple. Too lazy to change it now.

I sure hope this is a parody fan game you're planning

It's more of an experement to see if Megaman style shooting could work in a Sonic game, that's what the fanchar is for.

@Overbound: Yeah, I'd go with a shadow, and maybe take Lark's advice. But it still looks great otherwise!

Haha, do you remember the last time we spoke? You rang me up at like 1AM absolutely wasted outside the union. You didn't even know it was me at first!

And you definitely should get back into it, I need help as it is. Maybe not so 50:50 like XG was, let me just do almost everything and you just act some kind of director gentleman pointing me in various directions and making those tiny little adjustments you do that just make things so much better. :D!

Plus then it doesn't pull you from any partying uni work and such. Muwahah, what an offer! Gather your chutzpah euan, you know you want to.

ahahahaha I just had a flashback moment. Took me 3 calls to get the right person in the end! aha! I would love to work on a fangame again. But just now with prepping a dissertation, 2 work placements (oh yeah) and freelance work before final year it's hard. It's summer though I'd like to help in small ways if I can. I'll hit you up on msn sometime.

/thread hijack over

Those are some interesting ice level tiles, is it for the past or present time zones?

I'm wondering if these sound like good level tropes and names for Saphire.

Ruins - Ruinic Hill

Forest - Floral Forest

Snow/Lake - Winter Frost

Underwater - Aquatropolis

Railroads/Desert - Sunset Railway

City - Haven City

Springs - Toybox Circus

Artificial Nature - Hydrolic Hills

Harbor - Turquoise Harbor

Base - Eggtopia

snownc.png

Rael suggested something similar with the shadow on top of the fact that he was the one that suggested I put the dark pieces in to begin with. I'm kinda unsure if I like all the extra shadowing. Not to mention with adding that I'm probably around 132 colors now. I'm unsure what do you think?

I really like it now, though the extra depth is now making the bottom segments look flat. Another possible idea:

raar.gif

Maybe try decreasing the size of the shadow on the left of each intruding block just a tad, and increase the transparency slightly.

snownc.png

Rael suggested something similar with the shadow on top of the fact that he was the one that suggested I put the dark pieces in to begin with. I'm kinda unsure if I like all the extra shadowing. Not to mention with adding that I'm probably around 132 colors now. I'm unsure what do you think?

You can get that down to 32 colours or even 16 no worries.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1299&stc=1&d=1275488474

attachment.php?attachmentid=1298&stc=1&d=1275488474

post-114-138639764094_thumb.gif

post-114-138639764096_thumb.gif

Euan did you actually go through and downsize that manually in MS Paint? Or did you take some short cut? I'd be very interested in knowing how you did that.

Just used Photoshop's save for web. Chose GIF and then you can choose the colour amount, it creates a palette and matches up close colours. There's similar functionality in Paint Shop Pro and programs like that.

The level art makes me think it's going to be a level that revolves around bees, heh. Also, I don't like the hexagons in the background layers; it looks pasted on. Might want to try lightening the shading some and applying a better shadow against the rock their sitting on/a part of to make it fit in better.