A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ftb (old And Outdated Concepts)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it how gecko's sig makes it look like the robotnik from AoSTH is a badnik in the game.

I see it more as Robotnik demonstrating to the masses "his latest creations". I actually wanted to have him say "get to work, dopey duncebots", but the signature editor wouldn't let me. :x

You guys have idea how much I want to put in "Layin' the wax and spinnin' the sound!" into this track. Ah, but wait! I've something else I can put in!

"Did somebody say real power?" which leads us nicely into a dubstep segment!

EDIT: Actually, we may need to scrap the dubstep as it's proving rather difficult to implement. But, I have an idea! Does anyone know a track, from anywhere, that sounds like "Be Cool, Be Wild and Be Groovy"? It'd help if you do.

Sorry guys, just a bit of a heads-up.

I'm having life problems now, I'll be taking a break from this and I'd honestly like to wish you guys the best. Honestly, from the start, I just wanted to help Lone with this. This was too 'BtS rip off' for my likes D:

I might not return so just take up my stuff, but I'll finish up Raindrop Ruins Act 2 and Green Gate Act 1 (talked to Lone about it) and prolly some other Act 3 and just let you guys have my completed boss.

I'm having life problems now, I'll be taking a break from this and I'd honestly like to wish you guys the best. Honestly, from the start, I just wanted to help Lone with this. This was too 'BtS rip off' for my likes D:

I might not return so just take up my stuff, but I'll finish up Raindrop Ruins Act 2 and Green Gate Act 1 (talked to Lone about it) and prolly some other Act 3 and just let you guys have my completed boss.

Awww.

Well hope you get everything in your life sorted out. Good Luck.

Sorry about all your life problems Faseeh, and good luck! In the meantime, we'll figure out who'll take over Eternal Elevator and the like.

Also guys, my online prominence may start to dwindle a bit, on account of my parents making me go on the job hunt before the first year of college starts. I'll still help in every way I can as is the norm though. :)

The game is not going anywhere, so you're always welcome to come back.

Good luck!

Jassbec, you haven't corrected the level list yet...

Anyway, I started making an animation for Ivy-Sicle's horizontal form but my laptop's being an asshole, so that'll have to wait a while. Also, I'm going to expand your concepts for Floral Frost's boss, i.e. attacks, etc.

I've yet to check up on Static's progress with Floral Frost's boss track seeing as my laptop being an arsehole is also causing Skype to run really slowly.

Also, if Faseeh doesn't comeback, I'll take a shot at Eternal Elevator Act 2. I'm just sayin' (props if you get that reference!)...

There are 10 pages on this topic,and the big majority of the posts are on and back conversations between the project's group members.Either that,or double posts by the same people I just mentioned.

The actual progress,which is small beyond concepts,are cool and all,but I can't help but feel like this topic is a huge clusterfuck in all honesty.

Not to minimod or anything,but why don't you guys just get together,work on your concepts,chat about life or whatever it was you were doing,and then come back to this topic when there are actual REAL updates,that are WORTHY of being posted? Not only would that make this topic less off a clusterfuck,but it'd also make this project less of a joke.Not only it's already a huge BTS/ATS ripoff,but also every single little concept you come up with,you just post here in public,so when (if) the game ever comes out,you would have already shown the whole damn thing in paper already.

I'd go on further,but my keyboard is being a bitch.

Fair point. Hez also talked about this over at Retro. That boss concept (and a few badnik concepts) are the only things I'm planning on releasing, save for any music I have left to release without spoiling the game. I understand that the game shouldn't be spoiled like this as well.

My suggestion is that the team will talk via Skype or PMs, and when we make actual progress we will post some more stuff. Does that sound good to everyone?

There are 10 pages on this topic,and the big majority of the posts are on and back conversations between the project's group members.Either that,or double posts by the same people I just mentioned.

The actual progress,which is small beyond concepts,are cool and all,but I can't help but feel like this topic is a huge clusterfuck in all honesty.

Not to minimod or anything,but why don't you guys just get together,work on your concepts,chat about life or whatever it was you were doing,and then come back to this topic when there are actual REAL updates,that are WORTHY of being posted? Not only would that make this topic less off a clusterfuck,but it'd also make this project less of a joke.Not only it's already a huge BTS/ATS ripoff,but also every single little concept you come up with,you just post here in public,so when (if) the game ever comes out,you would have already shown the whole damn thing in paper already.

I'd go on further,but my keyboard is being a bitch.

Truthfully, I suggested that we keep quite a bit of this under the radar a while back, but then everyone sort of barged in and that tidbit was forgotten.

Also, I really wish that people would go back and reread that this is intended to be a spiritual fan-prequel to LakeFepard's games: the BTS/ATS vibes are utterly intentional and sprinkled throughout. That isn't stopping us from doing our best to make fun and original levels though.

But yeah, I am feeling that perhaps we should start getting a little more "covert" with our operations, since it sort of spoils some things we may hae planned; though I don't have Skype, which is one problem that needs to be remedied at some point.