A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

Come one now... D!ck move...

pJFchGr.png

Anyways. I absolutely LOVED this game. But two things. I didn't understand why mighty was even in this game at all. And I didn't understand why this game had so much to do with weather. Is it to explain the death egg catching everything on fire in lava reef zone?

You know, this part?

M8uaTdJ.jpg

Well I'm gonna kinda give some of my opinions about the game:

Favorite Zone: Cyan City

Favorite Track: Horizon Heights Act 2

Favorite Background: Red Hot Ride Act 1

Favorite Foreground: Perihelion Peak

Favorite Boss: Red Hot Ride

Favorite Special Stage: 5

Biggest Nostalgia Attack: Moon Mansion

Most Original Level: Technology Tree

Least Favorite Zone (That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it): Horizon Heights

Least Favorite Track (That also doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it): Red Hot Ride Act 2

Least Favorite Boss (you get it now): Storm Station

Least Favorite Special Stage: 6

Favorite Special Act: Sugar Splash

Least Favorite Special Act: Foliage Furnace

Those are my OPINIONS. Not facts. You don't have to agree. In fact I want to hear other favorites and least favorites too.

There is something wrong here.

When I picked Invincibility and transform to Super Sonic, player showed me Die sprite. Then when I hit enemy, appears it:

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/ocaaras.png[/qimg]

Yea, that happens a lot with super sonic. I wouldn't worry about it, I think it looks cool.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres also a problem in redhot ride act 2,, in the section in which you have to use the fireshield's dash to hit the glowing orbs to go up, if youve turned super sonic, you have to wait until you run out of rings to go on ahead, since super sonic can't use the shield's powers.

Thanks ChaosLord I'll go from there.

Btw that Jeffrey Mass guy made several more comments on Tssz's article and repasted the one from stadium, going around making five word posts just to dig and repasting old posts on any article on ATS he can find = troll.

I didn't read any of the posts,so i don't know if it's been reported,but there's a game breaking glitch here.

000astglitch.png

If by the end of the previous zone's boss,you're stuck floating in the arena's pits,Sonic stays unplayable for this zone.He stays in his idle animation,and you can only move him left and right,but can't jump or do anything else.

I tried drowning myself and the glitch still stayed.

I was pretty sure people were going to get disappointed with this game just for the sheer ammount of hype it got, which isn't a good thing.

just keep in mind people, this game was finished in the end of 2012 and that's also whem Sonic Chrono Adventure started its development.

So far, looking into Chrono adventure and ATS, ATS just feels outdated. (i also keep presing A and S in an attempt to switch to sonic's new itens)

Still, because of this, i'll try to NOT hype up chrono adventure, simply because it's way too diferent from the classics and metroidvania games and much more people will get disappointed for a lot of diferent reasons and a lot of design choices.

Edit: about glitches, sorry guys V1.1 is the last build.

The best thing to do is press F2(reset) and start the level again, and since the game saves in every stage, i don't think they will be too frustrating.

The game's fine to me Lake, I can understand you thinking there's things wrong with your own creation, but regular fans of classic sonic playing this game, I see absolutely NO reason whatsoever how any of them could have major problems with the level design and other elements, at least to the degree of the people posting on ATS articles on other sites, it's batshit crazy.

If you're a sonic fan who loves the classics you'll at least like this quite a bit, if not then pfft wow.

The game's fine to me Lake, I can understand you thinking there's things wrong with your own creation, but regular fans of classic sonic playing this game, I see absolutely NO reason whatsoever how any of them could have major problems with the level design and other elements, at least to the degree of the people posting on ATS articles on other sites, it's batshit crazy.

If you're a sonic fan who loves the classics you'll at least like this quite a bit, if not then pfft wow.

I'm actually really amused that you keep having a go at everybody who doesn't like this game, as if anybody who doesn't agree with your opinion is a horrible person who probably goes home to punch kittens or something. Come on now, there's no need for any of that.

While I'm miffed at people who say they like the classics but hate this, my main issue isn't with them, it's just the people who go around copy/pasting their posts to every ATS article they can find as if they're on a mission to hate this game with ott unneeded anger/bashing and sabotage it or something, those are the people I'm annoyed with.

While I'm miffed at people who say they like the classics but hate this, my main issue isn't with them, it's just the people who go around copy/pasting their posts to every ATS article they can find as if they're on a mission to hate this game with ott unneeded anger/bashing and sabotage it or something, those are the people I'm annoyed with.

I don't understand those kind of people. It's not like they could do any better. In fact, they couldn't get even close if they tried.

I don't understand those kind of people. It's not like they could do any better. In fact, they couldn't get even close if they tried.

If you're in a restuarant and you get served a shitty meal, you can't complain to the management unless you can cook better. Likewise, you can't criticise a movie unless you yourself have won an Oscar.

If you're in a restuarant and you get served a shitty meal, you can't complain to the management unless you can cook better. Likewise, you can't criticise a movie unless you yourself have won an Oscar.

If it's free: Then yes.

If you paid for either of those, then you are paying for a certain quality of service. Paying a lot of money for food that is meant to be 'fancy' but comes out bad, gives you the right to complain about the quality because you were on the bad end of an unfair exchange.

But ATS is free so what you say applies here, lawl.

Arggh i was asleep cuz I was up all night playing ATS!

I feel like too much of the game was spoiled in the Sage demo...like way too much....and then also in the soundcloud postings.

I kinda felt DDZ1 coming, and already knew about DDZ2 from a screenshot, so it wasn't nearly as epic.

The game itself holds well on its own, but the hype did let me down a bit....well actually maybe not. I played it like any other sonic game, racing to the end, having no more than one ring at any given time after I got the emerdoods...I just feel like BTS was and is way cooler (but then again I think BTS '11 was better than '12 just because the filler music fit so well)

Well I know I can't do better because I always give up. It's so difficult for me to translate the electrical signals in my head to the computer. Dunno how you do it so consistently.