A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's this guy going nuts about waiting for the game on Youtube. Well....all the impatience from folks is making me laugh while I sit patiently waiting xD Hope the beta testing is going well ATS team :D It's gonna make After the Sequel that much more awesome when it comes out!

There's this guy going nuts about waiting for the game on Youtube. Well....all the impatience from folks is making me laugh while I sit patiently waiting xD Hope the beta testing is going well ATS team :D It's gonna make After the Sequel that much more awesome when it comes out!

OHGOD IT'S HORRIBLE, BUGS EVERYWHERE, I CAN'T PLAY IT, IT'S LIKE SANIC '06 ALL OVER AGA-wait, no, this is '06 I'm playing.

Let me gather my ATS files instead.

*shuffles through papers*

Ah, here we go. "All is well". Beta testing is fiiiine, Lake has been very thorough, it seems!

YAY.

There surely needs to be a double check after the soundtrack is fully implemented, the bubble glitch in Perilous Paradise was due to replacing the tracks wasn't it?

Btw Lake I hate to point out possible plot holes so soon before release, but I just thought of a couple of things. In the cutscene introducing Foliage Furnace where Sonic & Tails see the Death Egg being carried and dropped on Angel Island, why is it still intact? Shouldn't it be be mostly blown to pieces from Sonic 2?

Also am I seeing the island start to fall as soon as the Death egg lands on it? Because it's not the weight of the Death Egg that makes it fall, it's Robotnik stealing the Master Emerald. Was that scene meant to imply Robotnik's stolen it but you made it happen instantly in order to make the cutscene shorter?

Guest Mr Lange

Actually it is the weight of the Death Egg that causes Angel Island to fall; Robotnik doesn't steal the master emerald until you reach Hidden Palace Zone, remember? He can't because Knuckles is guarding it, which is why he tricks Knuckles into chasing Sonic and Tails instead.

The Death Egg was totaled, though it may not have broken to pieces until it hits the island, or even at all; nothing indicates it was actually separated, just that it severely needed repair.

Sonic downs the Death Egg a second time at the end of Sonic 3, and the only way to get it back up in the air quickly is to use the power of the master emerald. This is what prompts Robotnik to steal it during Sonic and Knuckles. After it's stolen, the island is left in the ocean because the master emerald is what enabled it to float in the first place.

What the hell, I've always known all that but for some reason I randomly forgot all about it for a few minutes when I made that post, what the hell's my brain been doing for the past hour, ugh, thanks Lange. As for the state of the Death Egg I guess what you say is true, in Launch Base when you see it externally still intact it may have always been that way, but I've always thought it blew up at the end of Sonic 2, affecting the outside too, and that you got to Launch Base by the time they'd put it back together from the outside.

Is there a possibility that we'd see Knuckles? If not at the end,then at all? I'm still trying to figure out after all these years just HOW Robotnik tricked Knuckles into going after Sonic and Tails. I'm hoping After the Sequel sheds some light on that.

I'd rather they didn't even answer that with a "maybe we'll see...", honestly if Knuckles is in the game for a very small cameo near the end, Lake's probably been trying to keep that as one of the secrets he doesn't want to tell us, so I'd rather he didn't reply to that at all and I don't want to know about it, sorry. XD

I'd rather they didn't even answer that with a "maybe we'll see...", honestly if Knuckles is in the game for a very small cameo near the end, Lake's probably been trying to keep that as one of the secrets he doesn't want to tell us, so I'd rather he didn't reply to that at all and I don't want to know about it, sorry. XD

Makes sense Aizen90. It would be awesome to unlock him as a player though I'll tell you what. Knuckles is just so badass.

Just so people won't rise more expectations about knuckles: Nope, he is not in the game at all.

The story focuses completly on sonic tails's adventures and eggman's plot to conquer the world.

And the cameo spot is occupied by Mighty.

Ah. Sorry Lake. I was just curious :P

@Salazard

Don't feel bad about it.

But since player's expectation before playing a game are important, if they don't see knuckles there after a lot of speculation, they will get disappointed. And that's not a good thing.

He's right, that's no good.

...sorry, the opportunity presented itself. :x The exciting wait continues! And now I wonder if Mighty plays any more roles in the game, aside from Foliage Furnace and the canceled race.

Spoiling the fact Knuckles isn't in is one thing,but spoiling Mighty kinda sucks,it was so awesome to me when he showed up outta nowhere on that stage : p

And to whoever said they wonder how Knuckles was tricked,read the japanese manuals,everything you need to know about the classic stories is there.