A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

OK time out for everyone!

And if any of you think that you're getting chocolate ice cream after the way you have misbehaved then you're badly mistaken, busters!

Can I have chocolate ice cream though? I've been a good boy I swear.

Also you guys are knocking the soundtrack outta the park and that's not just me sucking up for ice cream either. I am legit impressed with it, makes me wish my music was that good :)

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also you guys are knocking the soundtrack outta the park and that's not just me sucking up for ice cream either. I am legit impressed with it, makes me wish my music was that good :)

That's easy for you to say: I've only got Anvil Studio, Audacity, and an old (unsavable) FL Studios demo to work with. 'sides, I rather like your stuff too. :x

But yes, I'm loving every track so far as well! Neon Paradise, Crumbstepping, and Eye of the Storm are some of my favorites at the moment. (And inevitably FFZ Special Act 2 is likely going to be added in soon.)

That's done with, we're back on with ATS now, I can't wait to see what Storm Station is like.

ummm... Isn't the thumbnails of the songs associated with them on soundcloud screenshots of the level? Plus I'm pretty sure there's a part in one of the trailers on youtube...

Either way, I'm so psyched for this to come out! I don't care if I got 11 days of school left, I will play it and watch my grades plummet xD

Actually, most of my teachers let my do what ever I want in class so it doesn't matter! xD

That's done with, we're back on with ATS now, I can't wait to see what Storm Station is like.

Looks like somebody didn't get to beta test,lol just kidding.

It's a pretty

"climatic and cinematic zone that really feels like the last level, act 3 is my favorite,really freaking cool.

Don't look at me i never said anything, i don't even exist.

I will not click on that spoiler tag. XD

Oh and LiBiYKWIM no I didn't mean what it physically looks like, I've seen all the screenshots/trailer parts of it that everyone else has (though in terms of act 2 & 3 I wouldn't say a five second blurred shot in one room of act 2 represents what the whole level and act 3 looks like), I'm talking about the gimmicks, hopefully they'll be very interesting like Arcane Altitude.

Lovely mr lange

Oh, if you guys like snow levels, you'll just love Chrono Adventure.

Anyway, might be because i've never seen snow in my life or something or it's because it's easy to make good graphics for it.

@FLAMEWAR.

About putting pressure into people: it was falk's idea. =P

Also, this doesn't really aplies to maxie's RRZ, as far as i know, he has been working in those tracks for quite a while. The reason they are the way they are right now is probably the same why FFZ's boss sounds like something out of Metro Madness Zone which is basically because of this image.

[qimg]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19357938/ATSshape.png[/qimg]

It's the pacing falk wanted for the music in both BTS and ATS.

Oh and here is a quick list of the placeholder tracks i was using before:

FFZ Act 3: Splash canyon, Sonic Riders

FFZ's Boss:

RRZ Act 1: Hot Head Bop, Donkey Kong Country 2

RRZ Act 3:

Both the placeholders and the original tracks are fitting, they are just different.

As I said many times, and i'll repeat again and again. Those placeholder songs are excellent choices and really show your great sense of taste. I think they are good in the sense to draw inspiration from for the guys who compose the replacers. I really like how they give a sense of direction for them so that many times, the direction and feel is kept

Ohsweet. Never played any of the Drift games... Sounds win!

It's funny, I was thinking about the use of relatively obscure Sonic tracks for the stages, and how I'd laugh my ass off if a track from Sonic Labyrinth was remixed.

Also, the tension is killing me! In a good way, I mean. I'm REALLY digging Redhot Ride Zone's tracks now that I've had a good long listen of them all. I'm curious how the boss act music will play out, considering the soothing atmosphere beforehand.

I'M-I'M-I'M SONIC, CLICK ON ME FOR HE-HE-HE-HE-HELP! CLCLCLCLCLICK ON ME FOR, CLICK ON ME FOR... CLCLCLCLCLICK ON ME FOR HELP!

REMIX!

Mix this with my Sonic Labyrinth suggestion and we have ourselves an extra-special Special Stage. :(<

EDIT - Speaking of Schoolhouse, has anyone ever been able to successfully rip the original music for that game? :B

Guest Mr Lange

Things are going fine, don't worry.

Mix this with my Sonic Labyrinth suggestion and we have ourselves an extra-special Special Stage. :(<

EDIT - Speaking of Schoolhouse, has anyone ever been able to successfully rip the original music for that game? :B

I'm almost ashamed to admit I enjoyed Sonic Labyrinth, if anything for the music. If I remixed any song from that game it'd be Level 3. However, there's so much great music from the Game Gear games that I'm drawn to the others first. Originally I was going to do a remix of Sleeping Egg Zone for one of the special stages.

As for Sonic's Schoolhouse, that's a good question. I get the feeling no one has cared enough to do so lol.

Alright, here's another song. This may be the last track I release publicly until the game is out.

https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/cyan-city-zone-special-act

I'm almost ashamed to admit I enjoyed Sonic Labyrinth, if anything for the music. If I remixed any song from that game it'd be Level 3. However, there's so much great music from the Game Gear games that I'm drawn to the others first. Originally I was going to do a remix of Sleeping Egg Zone for one of the special stages.

As for Sonic's Schoolhouse, that's a good question. I get the feeling no one has cared enough to do so lol.

Alright, here's another song. This may be the last track I release publicly until the game is out.

Truthfully, I've had a hard time getting into the Game Gear tracks, if only because I have a hard time enjoying the compositions under the simpler chiptune sounds. Gimmick Mountain and Master System Scrap Brain however are favorites of mine. :P

I've found one guy who played the game with the original soundtrack intact, but other than that, looks like it, lol.

CYAN CITY GENESIS[iSH]-STYLED YEEAAAAAAAAH