A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

Holy lord god this is still not being understood. But that's perfectly understandable since what's happening is still foreign until the game comes out.

Ok, here's how it works.

Every stage in Sonic ATS has an unlockable extra act. These are called special acts, and they have increased difficulty and a variation on the theme of the stage. Foliage Furnace is an exception as it has TWO special acts, variations on act 1 and 2. The original versions of FFZ's songs (the 16-bit version of act 1 and the Lava Powerhouse remix) are now the themes for the special acts. Does that make sense?

None of the beta songs are being used as special stage music. We are doing new songs for those, that follow a particular style.

The 16-bit version of Foliage Furnace act 1 has been extended, just like the 16-bit version of Sugar Splash which I uploaded recently. I'm considering extending the Lava Powerhouse remix too since it has been so well received, though given the deadline is so close it is not priority.

To be fair, I assumed that your Lava Powerhouse remix was to be used for a Special Stage since the whole of it was basically a pre-existing song with more touches and a hint of Foliage Furnace. :P

However, I am well aware of the existence of the special acts, and look forward towards what they have to offer; the fact that Lava Powerhouse gets one to itself is wonderful in itself. :> (I'm guessing this pretty much confirms Breakfast Time as a Special Act for Sugar Splash, or am I jumping the gun...?)

EDIT - Oh wait, Genesis-Style Act 1 fills that slot, derp. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it has a place anywhere or not. :B

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey don't get me wrong. I don't dislike smokey bear. Your points are very reasonable and I understand. It indeed feels out of place compared to the other (acts and) zones where each track takes elements from the others. I get that. But going through act 2 with mr lange's arrangement just added to the act for me. This is just a personal thing. I am really sorry if my post/message came through the wrong way

@Mr lange, I know they are part of the special acts now. I edited the first post on this page clarifying about the maingame. Well if what you said was directed to me. Kudos to you all for doing a great job with the OST. It's unbelievably fantastic

No i get what you meant and I didn't mean it as a retaliation. It's just that I've read a few posts on various forums complaining that Lava Powerhouse isn't being used for FFZ2 anymore, but the posts don't consider any of the points I just brought up.

Hey don't get me wrong. I don't dislike smokey bear. Your points are very reasonable and I understand. It indeed feels out of place compared to the other (acts and) zones where each track takes elements from the others.

I don't see why you think that at all when Smokey Bear has the main melody from act 1 in it, it's no different then most of the tracks in that it (as you said) references previous acts of the zone. Tracks like Crumbstepping/Ascent to Madness are what you're talking about, but they're so awesome it doesn't matter that they don't reference the two acts before them.

Btw I'm going to guess that Breakfast Time is going to be used for the special act of Horizon Heights as it has the 'It Doesn't Matter remix/da da da, da daaaaa' moment that later get's referenced in Dream Dance 1.

Let me clear the misunderstanding and rephrase. I didn't word that properly. I tried to say exactly what you are saying now. The part where I say that it felt out of place, I was talking about the original. I'll edit my post

I'll be damned if there isn't at least one track on the sound track that people like. There's so many genres and styles here it's kind of filthy- I don't expect people to enjoy every single track.

Let me put it to you this way- it OST is aiming to be a total of 3 hours of music.

3 hours.

I'll be damned if there isn't at least one track on the sound track that people like. There's so many genres and styles here it's kind of filthy- I don't expect people to enjoy every single track.

Let me put it to you this way- it OST is aiming to be a total of 3 hours of music.

3 hours.

Clocking in at 2 hours 15 minutes with currently uploaded tracks (I put them all in a big list on Soundcloud!)

ANOTHER 45 MINUTES OF MUSICS TO GO (ie. a little over the average length of a standard album!)

EDIT: Scratch that, 2.16.51. Didn't see Lange's newest one!

Guest Mr Lange
ok so there's a really serious issue going on here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/SonicAfterTheSequel

someone keeps updating this page fairly regularly HOWEVER they STILL haven't got mine and Maxie's names right!!!

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

LOL MY BAD. I see the mistakes, sorry about that.

Fixing it now.

Also Development Hell is a looser term than it sounds like, don't take that too seriously.

Oh, guys, i'm not sure if i should post this but i'm doing it anyway.

if you wanna track the progress in the soundtrack, just check ou this .png image from time to time.

ATSstuff.png

as far as i know, Falk himself is updating this thing... so yeah, we're really close to calling this a finished product.

@About HHZ's special level music

It was intended for PPZ act 1 but i tought it wasn't very fitting so we moved it to HHZ's special level.

so there's 20 unfinished tracks, 11 of which are cutscenes....and according to falk, the cutscene tracks come along very quickly, so im literally at the edge of my seat pressing f5 continuously....my fingers....they hurt...

Ooh is that Empire City Night I see as one of the special stage tracks?

Also, Foliage Furnace boss is done, and radical train special stage should be added to completed list as well, Falk knows all this and is probably updating it soon anyway.

Woah, you get to race Mighty? Far out! I bet the music for that'll be bitchin' like everything else in the game.

This is likely going to be one of the best Sonic fangames ever made, I swear it. Creative and aesthetically-pleasing levels, great original music, plenty of special content, and of course the story tossed in between. (Someone will have to remind of details I missed :P)

oh yeah, about that mighty race...

it was scrapped, just like SSpZ's boss =/

There is so many things i scrapped in this game, including a whole section of CCZ act 1 which was never seen to the public (i think i still have it somewhere though)

Also edited the post and made that image into a spoiler.

it doesn't really spoils much of the whole game and i'm sure there's still a lot of surprises awaiting for you guys, expecially towards the end.

Say Lake, speaking o' scrapped content, ever thought about sharing some of that stuff from all your Sonic projects someday in the far future afterwards or whatever? Maybe even have something akin to the Insomniac Museum, a mini-exhibition of all the different ideas and content that went unused. Of course, being that this is just me flapping my gums, I suppose its just a nutty thought, given your future plans.

Wait, is the Castle zone literally just called "Castle Zone" or is it still Moon Mansion?

I was about to ask "why you've scrapped the cutscene music" for the start of Storm Station Boss after seeing it's box scribbled out, but I was mistaken, I think I know what you've done for that cutscene, so I'll stop worrying and be quiet.

Wait, is the Castle zone literally just called "Castle Zone" or is it still Moon Mansion?

I was about to ask "why you've scrapped the cutscene music" for the start of Storm Station Boss after seeing it's box scribbled out, but I was mistaken, I think I know what you've done for that cutscene, so I'll stop worrying and be quiet.

It's Moon Mansion in the Beta, apart from one area which just seems to use the old title card. Considering the Mighty Race is on the song list, I'm going with "This list is outdated".

By the way, Lake:

EDIT: NVM, found it. PM on way about something...