A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

Guest Mr Lange
Well that doesn't sound too bad. We get sexy new Falk-ified versions and still get to listen to the originals in another place.

It may not be Falk though. Also I'd probably be collaborating on it.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I really want to stress is I'm trying to make ATS soundtrack not about me, which is one of the secret pet peeves I have about BTS'12.

I think despite a little bit of organizational hell we've put together an incredible assorted chocolate box of talents and if anything I'm actively trying to hold back while keeping the project together, if that makes any sense at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Reblogging Tiller's post from Sonic Retro:

Fnggggggh, this is coming together so nicely. I can't wait to see what comes out of Foliage Furnace, especially if Lange's compositions are still being used.

Also, if you don't mind me asking Falk...what sort of accent do you have? Because I was honestly not sure while I was listening. :B

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Lange
Wow! Are so much composers involved in the development of music? This makes the game even more interesting!

Just one question. How developer of game attract their attention?

When I played BTS and found out Lake was making ATS, I just volunteered. I think the rest of us also volunteered, although Maxie was asked and agreed to join.

Wow! Are so much composers involved in the development of music? This makes the game even more interesting!

Just one question. How developer of game attract their attention?

Don't mean to imply anything but people simply hate wasting their time by doing stuff for projects that never finish; LakeFeperd already had one complete playable game out, and it just went from there.

I actually asked most of the guys if they wanted to contribute; originally it was me and KgZ, then Lake and I remembered Ristar had offered to do music a lo-oo-ong time ago. We grabbed Funk Fiction through a facebook contact of all things and he was interested (Previously he had been doing music for Sonic Gemini circa. 2009 before that project died off)

For ATS we Mr Lange had some 16-bit stuff done and published months ago (keeping in mind that the direction of both this and the previous OST was something a little more eclectic, sorry chiptune fans)

We also reached out to both DJ Max-E and Tee Lopes to ask if they were interested. Tee never responded; from all accounts he looks extremely busy with a couple of commercial projects. I also asked a friend (Xiao'an) who's a sick orchestral/film writer if he wanted to contribute.

Quite a few other people volunteered but at that point we were pretty much in organizational hell and I didn't want to add any more to the roster without knowing for absolute sure if 1) they could fit the overall style/sound Lake and I were going for and 2) if they were reliable. My point bringing that up though, is that there are quite a shit ton of people out there who are willing to do music for fan games- you need to keep your ear to the ground and essentially show you aren't dicking around doing 823748234 projects which never get finished.

i see people starting projects and never finishing them a lot of times and we can see that in just this forum.

but well... people have the right to dream. =/

And i think the more they do this the more they will learn with life.

Being stuck in just one project for an year is really tedious and sometimes i just wanna move one and make something new that i think will be very helpfull to me in the future. (BTS Aftermath =P)

but still, if i start something, i never like to go back, unless it's not working right but for ATS and BTS, things went pretty well.

hey, ATS music guys.

"Darn, we're not gonna make it! Let's speed up!"

it's already december

Now I understand. This man has shown that he takes his work seriously and responsible. So he began to attract attention.

Great!

but still, if i start something, i never like to go back, unless it's not working right but for ATS and BTS, things went pretty well.

Good words!

Actually, I am holding this principle too. And I also do not like when good projects suddenly closed. And so I promised myself to never give up my project, regardless of how much leave time.

people have the right to dream

Oh, maybe, and I will get lucky with the person who will volunteer to help with the soundtrack.

btw: you know that sonic fusion is closed?

• 4 weeks later...

It has to be "Sonic Ultimate Adventure" (sounds so overused)...

BTW I sent you a mail a while ago but I might as well post here too: I think it's a shame that you didn't use the running animation from mod.gen. I made these sprites, (of course it's just a small edit, I take no credit for this).

9V0a8.png

Above: the animation you're using, nice but out of style with the new sprites IMO (eyes and spines are too small)

Middle: sprites from mod.gen

http://deebs.shatteredmoonlight.com/modgen/SEGA/Sheet/SonicBoosterClassic1.png

Bottom: a mix of the two animations.

No problem. Will you give any detail about Sonic Mysterious Adventure or do you want it to remain a secret until the release? And is it supposed to be Before The Sequel Aftermath or an other game? If so will it be released with BTSA or after?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions.