A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Freedom Planet (v. 1.4)

Strife

I've been re-watching the Dragon Valley beta footage (mainly because I like how fitting are the Dragon Seed songs with the stage itself), it got me thinking and now I have a suggestion: how about give to the stage some enviromental sound effects?. For example, is the first act is located in the top of a hill/mountain, right? (not sure if these are hills/mountains, correct if I'm wrong...), how about playing a wind SFX loop in the background? or in the second act, you are playing in some sort of river/lake near the bottom of the hills/mountains, it should play a stream SFX loop.

Oh well, it's up to you Mr. Strife!.

how about give to the stage some enviromental sound effects?. For example, is the first act is located in the top of a hill/mountain, right? (not sure if these are hills/mountains, correct if I'm wrong...), how about playing a wind SFX loop in the background? or in the second act, you are playing in some sort of river/lake near the bottom of the hills/mountains, it should play a stream SFX loop.

Oh well, it's up to you Mr. Strife!.

I've thought about adding ambient noises to DV Act 2, actually, but I wasn't sure if it would drown out the music too much. It's worth experimenting with, in any case. I'd also like to try and animate the water in the background, if I can figure out how to animate it convincingly.

Anyone interested in how the music is turning out? My lead composer uploaded a sample of the game's soundtrack yesterday:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7933872/

New attack looks better imo as it actually looks like your attacking. The spin doesn't look like a threat to me.

Exactly why I changed it. Though I'm thinking of giving her some sort of combo attack so that she doesn't use the same hair whip each time.

Wow, that soundtrack is awesome. Makes me nostalgic for the sorts of music you got in the transitional period between 16bit and 32bit consoles, where you were getting music that was stylistically appropriate with SNES and Genesis games, but made with super high quality instrumentation.

The sprites are great, too.

That Music.

Also This Game.

Now picture the above in all caps (I keep forgetting the forum de-caps things) and you'll get my general excitement. It's so cool to see where the project has been going.

Thanks Giri!

So, it wasn't easy, but I managed to pick my voice actors for the main characters out of 57 people who auditioned. And I'm still not sure who to pick for Dr. Brevon, so I just picked 4 of the best ones to do some extra audition lines. So, with that said, I should be all set for voiceclips for now. ^_^

On an unrelated note, it seems that the Relic Maze video got a sudden outburst of views from vk.com a few days ago. My YouTube stats indicated that it got 293 views on May 17, when I've been getting an average of 20 or so on other days. I'm always fascinated by statistic stuff, so... xD