A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Skywind: Episode II

TailsSena

.wav can be down-sampled to make it smaller and you could even save a number of wav files to sample and make a song that you play back in realtime much like a midi. It isn't necessarily huge and bloated, it's just that it isn't a compressed format that can be expanded in realtime like mp3 or ogg.

I for one wouldn't mind too much if a game had a .flac audio track... as long as it took advantage of multithreading for that.

TailsSena: How do you know MMF2 doesn't support .IT if you don't even know what it is? MMF2 does support MP3 as well. It supports some module files too. You can use DirectShow for MP3's and can use .OGG vorbis internally or externally. Based on my personal experience, OGG is recommended. If you get yourself a copy of Audacity, converting won't be a problem.

.Wav is a very bad decision as it is the heaviest in file size and usually has poor compression. Use .wav and it'll send your overall file size SKY HIGH.

Ahh. DirectShow. Hadn't thought of that. .IT, last time I looked is not one of the audio options in the runtime/preferences editor. I'd've heard of it had I seen it there, no?

If not .WAV, what should I use for Samples? (Sound effects) Note that I do have Audacity 2.something on my laptop... The last stable edition, so converting SHOULD be a snap.

Yes sereph, I have been a lurker for years as you already know.

What I am saying is I am just sick of MIDI's that's all. I am just saying their are better musical methods out their. I'm not saying "YOU MUST USE MP3!" or anything. Just a suggestion or a form of criticism. As everything I say or have said is.

Sounds more like a peeve to me than anything. But whatever.

Reason(s) please...?

Fancharacters are okay IMO, mostly because I used to have one and, for the sake of haters, it was basically a Shadow's recolor with Light powers.

But idk, bro. Mixing a HD-8-bit Knives Chau with an Advance-I-don't-know-if-it-is-16-bit Sonic doesn't seem like it's gonna end beautiful. Also, if your game has a serious plot, it'll cut it off almost completely.

This doesn't mean that you can't apply some humor on your game. I mean, Eggman is round, balls are round, balls can bounce, then Eggman can bounce... (You know, Troll Psychology.)

Hrrmm... Yet mixing Advance and Rush sprites wouldn't end badly. Rush sprites take after Advance, just made a bit bigger... Oh well.

Being from different universes is the point of my optional bosses. And since they're optional, the point is; if you don't like them, don't fight them. It doesn't affect the story/gameplay at all.

Just unlocks crap in the gallery.

Hm, wait, optional? But are they going to appear on actual optional levels too?

And yeah, Advance, Battle, Rush and Colors sprites are good things to mix.

Nope, Either in hidden rooms within normal levels, or NPC's hangin' out in normal levels where certain actions will trigger the fight.

Colors too? I thought it was somehow different, but okay. And Tails Adventure can be recolored to look advance too!! It's just the right size!

Here's how:

h6wPW.png

Advance and Battle are two completely different styles LH. They may appear to be the same but if you look closely, there are big differences. Nothing a tiny bit of editing cannot fix though. But if you was to mix any style with another Rush, Advance and Battle is actually a very good choice as they both reside the similar pallet and shading style too.

If you refresh the 403, it will show you the the right page.*

I'm not exactly sure what's going on in this topic at the moment... Including optional bosses featuring characters from other games? That seems kinda fun! :D

Edit: *I mean clicking on the address bar and pressing enter.. F5 doesn't seem to work for me.