A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 2012 (See Last Post)

I can see where Epic Yarn would be a disappointment if you were used to the fast twitch action of Super Star (which they seemed to be pushing with Brawl and Super Star Ultra Deluxe or whatever). Of course, most of the Kirby games in the past haven't been that really.

This ^

Sure epic yarn was a neat game, but I yearn for a new kirby game that actually plays more like Super Star, it's so simple yet no one wants to deliver such a game to the fans.

So far the microsoft conference has been complete garbage. I still give no shit about the kinect and that's been the major focus this year. The only new thing they've shown me that's not kinect related is the halo 1 remake, and c'mon, do I really care about that?

Forza 4 looked as awesome as I'd hoped it would be. 16 player racing, head tracking... open wheel cars? o.O Also, October 11th being the release date shows that they're really keeping to their 2 year dev. schedule.

Edit: With an event on the 8th that's 'under the stars' supposed to happen, I hope they show off night racing. It's been missing in FM2, and FM3. I really hope it's in FM4.

Edit 2: Other than the other garbage, I thought Microsoft did alright. :/ Now I'm eager to see what's in store for the others to show off.

Edit 3: Turns out the "Open wheel car" was really just a Peugeot 908. Oh well. Still, the rest of the game looks great in my eyes.

@shadowgoten You've probably never played any game with Kinect.

ok they ended on a halo 4 trailer. I'm going to call it now, even though we haven't seen the other 2, Sony and Nintendo will have to try really hard to win worst show of the 3 this year. I feel like Microsoft already won it.

I didn't know that. This information made me cry like a bby in my own happiness.

@shadowgoten You've probably never played any game with Kinect.

I have, and like I said a few days ago, I hate it, I don't like motion controls in my video games, wii already pushed it and I don't like it. It boils down to arm flailing like an idiot with a good 2-3 second delay for the input to actually make it into the game. It's terrible and I'm not behind this concept.

I didn't even watch Microsoft's but from what I read it can easily be summarized by "Kinect." Your mileage may vary with that one, but to me it places Microsoft in the new "Nintendo" position. Motion controlled rail shooters ahoy!

EA was pretty awesome and straight to the point. Show video, bring out developer, play game. Rinse and repeat. They stumbled with the stupid Fifa thing, but meh. Mass Effect 3 and SSX are looking pretty awesome. Hell even the new Need for Speed had my interest until the wacky quick time events started.

Also, I'm not in any position of authority to say this anymore, but remember guys, keep it classy.

Gayest conference ever.

SSX looks awesome, but i still dont dig the new style at all. Isn't happy enough. I even looked on the new facebook page. Mac and Kaori (only people i used) are no longer cocky and adorable (respectfully) anymore. Im really starting to loathe this whole "reboot" shit where they just take the characters, make them not happy, stab them with objects, kill off their friends and make them cry during cutscenes. Srsly.

Halo 4....Bungie's name isn't on it. I dont even know how you can call it Halo anymore. I honestly dont even know what to expect. I dont even have any expectations.

From EA's conference...i'd have to say Battlefield and the new insomniac title (fuck yes i love those guys) are the most interesting so far. Battlefield only because the graphics are so wtf amazing.

Edit: And quicktime events made it into car racing games. What. The fuck.

Halo 4....Bungie's name isn't on it. I dont even know how you can call it Halo anymore. I honestly dont even know what to expect. I dont even have any expectations.

Not Bungie's name, but yes part of the Bungie staff that made the other titles. I'm gonna wait for Halo 4 because CE, 2, 3, 3 ODST and Reach were just amazing. And, compared to some other enterprises around here, Microsoft is pretty competent. Not saying tht their products don't crash often, but oh.

I didn't hear if the Vita is carrier locked to AT&T or not. I will hate it if I have to pay for 3G service from them if I ever get a Vita.

(Edit: Yes, I found out about the Wi-Fi only model.) Wi-Fi only will be the way to go for me. On that note, I like the titles that are coming for the thing, especially SFxT.

Today was alright, as far as reveals and whatnot are concerned. So it's pretty much been confirmed (and I mean officially) that Adventure stages are going to be in Generations. <sarcasm> As if we didn't know that (aka had a hunch about) that before. </sarcasm>

Here are my highlights of today:

-Forza 4

-Minecraft on Xbox (Well, just Minecraft in general. Wonder how Kinect functionality will work though)

-PS Vita

-ModNation Racers for Vita

-SFxT (Especially now that it has Cole from inFamous as an exclusive character)

Looking forward to what Nintendo has in store for tomorrow and IGN's demo of Forza 4.

PS Vita (not-3g-model) for $250, huh. Heh, this will be interesting.

I just got a PSP-2000 a few months ago (shit's expensive here), and now this comes out. 3DS still doesn't really convince me, and there's no killer-app yet.

Hmm, delicious double touchpads (er, touchscreen + back regular pad) and dual analog sticks.

So tomorrow goes Nintendo. While I'm interested in a high res Zelda, I'm feeling the price of the controllers for this new café thing will be a bit... of a shock. Like a flaming spear right through your chest. So yeah, just a bit.

I'm very happy with the price for the PS Vita. Definitely reasonable for what your getting.

I do wonder, however, how much battery life the thing gets. Quad core CPU/GPU plus large OLED (I'm guessing here, correct me if I'm wrong) touch screen, PLUS back touch pad, this sucker has a lot of crap to power.

Tomorrow people are going to say that Nintendo is some kind of god among developers, but Sony showed how to wow us. Sony bounced back from the PSN bullshit and showed us what they're focus is: quality gaming. Vita is going to be awesome. Also, the PlayStation 3D display is perfect. Small size, impressive multiplayer features, and affordable. I'm going to definitely pick that up this winter.