A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

I am intrigued to see how they will distance speed highway apart from city escape...

I cant really see any similar level they can make a hybrid with.. Hmmm...

I can already picture Classic's! It'll borrow heavily from Starlight Zone from Sonic 1, imo. Aaand, random guess, it'll be set in the At Dawn section from the end of Speed Highway.

Modern will get the night time section, and it'll probably end the same way Tails version of the level did - at the clock tower. But they'll need to fit the "run down the building" section in too.

But yeah, Speed Highway is one I am looking forward to seeing - especially with it sitting right next to City Escape. It'll have to pull out something special to set it apart.

Oh, and gameplay SPOILERS:

The entire Modern City Escape, the whole music track too! There's a guitar solo! Whoo! :D

Have you noticed they fixed the music? E3 had a version of Doomsday Zone's music. And I'm surprised that isn't Modern Sonic, because it sounds too (ahem) modern for Classic Sonic...

Yeah, Doomsday didn't work for that. Best to save it for the actual Doomsday Zone they will inevitably put in.

And I think the synths in the S3 Final Boss music are actually very 90s.

The Sonic 3 waiting animation is fantastic!

The way Classic Sonic points up and then forward seems a bit weird compared to the original. I always thought that he pointed directly to the viewer, or crossed his fingers. I guess it makes sense if he's pointing to the timer, then saying "hurry up".

Thats the only MCR song in recent memory I can say I actually enjoy post-high school. I can't stand the band otherwise really anymore but I think that one there is a pretty fun song.

Don't know what discussion value those songs really hold though other than the Kele and MCR ones being used in the trailers that we've all known about for a bit minus their vocal tracks.

Aha, I assumed it wasn't common knowledge. I figured they were original music composed for the trailers. :P

How's this for discussion material; the Kele song "Tenderoni" title means to be attracted to a much younger person. So you could infer from it, that Modern Sonic is in love with Classic Sonic.

Have fun sorting that out in your brain. XD