A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

It seems that is a German voice actor.

Chemical Plant looks cool. And from watching those videos, i'm thinking there's not too much of a difference between the retro and modern blue dudes anymore, because Modern's levels actually seem to have gimmicks and slow parts to set them (modern levels) apart from each other (i'd like to see more 3D platforming, though). '_'

Its probably because when you first played the Sonic genesis games you had visions in your mind of rushing through Green hill and Racing to escape Chemical plat before it meltsdown, So to actually see them in 3D and been able to interact with it is like seeing your childhood dreams come true. :ssmile:

Its probably because when you first played the Sonic genesis games you had visions in your mind of rushing through Green hill and Racing to escape Chemical plat before it meltsdown, So to actually see them in 3D and been able to interact with it is like seeing your childhood dreams come true. :ssmile:

^This.

I kinda feel the same way, but I feel the exact opposite about the modern Sonic levels such as City Escape. I really look forward to being able to plow through them in Classic mode in all their traditional side-scrolling gimmicky mayhem - something I haven't been able to do since Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

For me, I'm worried about Modern Sonic's level design. It seems to be trying to give us the illusion of actually doing something, when it's mostly just holding the boost button down and the analogue stick forward. And even most of the rail sections too, are just bridges between actually doing stuff.

For me, I'm worried about Modern Sonic's level design. It seems to be trying to give us the illusion of actually doing something, when it's mostly just holding the boost button down and the analogue stick forward. And even most of the rail sections too, are just bridges between actually doing stuff.

Quit complaining, at least Sonic Team/SEGA isn't Capcom.

It's legitimate criticism, not petty complaining. The Modern Sonic level design does have it's flaws like that; it could stand to be less "automatic," if the word fits. What's the point of bringing Capcom into the topic? Nothing. Take the MML3 complaining somewhere else.

That may be fine for some people, but personally, if I just wanted to watch something go fast, I'd watch NASCAR.

A game, in my opinion, should pose some kind of challenge to overcome, obstacle to navigate, or puzzle to solve (even if I do suck at that.) Otherwise, it's just a movie with a little more RSI and a lot less plot.

"Gamescom 2011 has kicked off today and SEGA has released the above new trailer for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Sonic Generations. As well as more footage of Chemical Plant Zone, we get the official unveiling of Rooftop Run from Sonic Unleashed and Seaside Hill from Sonic Heroes. More CGI footage is included in the video too, with quite the little surprise at the end (well, for those who didn’t look at the leaked stuff anyway). "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2ODzSbdtc&feature=player_embedded

So yeah brand new trailer, just released minuets ago! Enjoy :D

Everything looks awesome!! Except secs 0:39 and that loop at 0:50... Sonic Team doesnt learn : UUU

Word.

I mean... WHY THE HELL don't they fix this? Shit.

But that's amazing. The two Sonics, the two Tails' and the Death Egg from Sonic 2 in the end. Shame that we won't b able to play with Tails and Knuckles.

eh, funnily enough, you don't see much of Modern Sonic's gameplay at a time. It almost makes me think they're trying to hide something.

As for Classic Sonic, I'm not really a fan of the level choices. It's all Green Tropics and City archetypes. But I digress, Classic's gameplay looks pretty fun.

It seems 0:39 and 0:50 are the same exact spot/clip, but just divided up weirdly. I'm holding my breath because City Escape only had one booster for Classic Sonic, and it was to redirect him away from the GUN Truck at one point. Hopefully this booster has some significance.

SEGAs doing a lot better with boosters in the 2D levels than Sonic 4 I'll admit. Then again, even the engine is a step up from Sonic 4.

Also, it's cool how Seaside Hill is taking more from Ocean Palace and Aquatic Ruin, it seems to be the ruin/water level. Spagonia also seems to be the games carnival stage.