A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft: Come Play With Us!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A winner is me!

I made an iron door that from one side can only be opened once every 15 seconds (the time can be doubled each time a flip-flop is added from there). It uses 5 flip-flops to store an integer and 1 flipflop to store the boolean state for whether or not the door is ready to be opened. It has a clock to prevent the timing from getting out of hand (it does anyway) and a bunch of logic gates are used to perform the addition... which was somewhat complicated, but made less so since it only incremented by one each time.

I'll have to take a video in a bit. It's insane.

A winner is me!

:o The game. You just won it.

I made an iron door that from one side can only be opened once every 15 seconds (the time can be doubled each time a flip-flop is added from there). It uses 5 flip-flops to store an integer and 1 flipflop to store the boolean state for whether or not the door is ready to be opened. It has a clock to prevent the timing from getting out of hand (it does anyway) and a bunch of logic gates are used to perform the addition... which was somewhat complicated, but made less so since it only incremented by one each time.

Only two words can sum this up, and you should know which two words I'm talking about. :D

Okay, six things:

1. What have you people been building? Seriously, in my trek, I've seen a roadside bar with the actual road made out of obsidian (I added a roof exit to it), a tiny castle with nothing in it, passageways in Duckboy's house (and one that's incredibly inconvenient, what with all the water), multiple traps, and evidence that someone's been mining a bit too much. Oh, yeah, and a portal in Duckboy's house.

2. Said portal doesn't work. The sound it makes freaked the hell out of me when I first heard it when going into the house, and I didn't even know the damn thing was there.

3. Stone doors are pointless against players who can just mine the blocks next to the door and then replace 'em.

4. ZaDehler (whoever he is) was pissing on my roof and not going away.

5. I've mined out more of the interior of my house.

6. I'm eating cake.

Okay, six things:

1. What have you people been building? Seriously, in my trek, I've seen a roadside bar with the actual road made out of obsidian (I added a roof exit to it), a tiny castle with nothing in it, passageways in Duckboy's house (and one that's incredibly inconvenient, what with all the water), multiple traps, and evidence that someone's been mining a bit too much. Oh, yeah, and a portal in Duckboy's house.

I have an incomplete mcmansion out in the middle of nowhere. Might be difficult to actually figure out where it is though. Smidge could make a map though and it should be fairly visible.

2. Said portal doesn't work. The sound it makes freaked the hell out of me when I first heard it when going into the house, and I didn't even know the damn thing was there.

Yeah, portals don't work right now in multiplayer. They work in single player... and they eventually will work in multiplayer probably, but it's just a work in progress.

3. Stone doors are pointless against players who can just mine the blocks next to the door and then replace 'em.

This is also an issue of being incomplete software. Eventually there is going to be some kind of land-claiming system in place and only the players who own the particular tract of land will be able to do any mining there. Then iron doors will be less easy to counter. Then when I make a 16-bit combination lock on my house, you won't be able to get into it without knowing the combination... or pluggin in some 65535/2 combinations on average.

4. ZaDehler (whoever he is) was pissing on my roof and not going away.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to find out Smidge was using a weird name like that myself.

And yeah, Smidge, if you read this post, could you please make a map in cartograph? Isometric preferably. Because Isometric looks cooler.

Ok, finally got around to creating my first real structure. Sadly it's on a different server, but might as well show you guys. (big images ahoy, sorry >_>)

Top view

javaw2010-11-0711-57-15-79.jpg

Entrance to grounds

javaw2010-11-0711-57-35-60.jpg

Entrance to the small fort

javaw2010-11-0711-58-06-54.jpg

Lighting system for the wall

javaw2010-11-0711-58-17-18.jpg

(For some reason, the only way the lights for the walls work are 1 lever = 1 light, despite me having a 1 lever -> 4 light system on the top of the fort)

Gate mechanism (pretty much always open unless I'm smelting)

javaw2010-11-0711-58-11-16.jpg

Free stuff (cobblestone and dirt mostly) and gift box

javaw2010-11-0711-58-23-23.jpg

Top of the fort

javaw2010-11-0711-58-32-96.jpg

Entrance to lower quarters

javaw2010-11-0711-58-42-24.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-58-43-72.jpg

Lower quarters

javaw2010-11-0711-58-49-42.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-58-53-02.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-58-54-89.jpg

Library

javaw2010-11-0711-59-00-83.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-07-66.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-15-55.jpg

Storage room (everything is locked inside, btw)

javaw2010-11-0711-59-22-40.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-28-58.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-31-76.jpg

The ice room for preserving food :D

javaw2010-11-0711-59-35-87.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-43-57.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-45-56.jpg

javaw2010-11-0711-59-51-03.jpg

As far as Survival Multiplayer (SMP) goes, there are really only three things you can do:

1) Walk around and explore

2) Mine stuff

3) Build stuff

Walking around aimlessly is somewhat discouraged since it increases the size of the map and degrades server performance.

Mining and crafting are both unnecessary since all materials and tools are provided.

That leaves building stuff. Some (most) people build houses. Me and PC0 worked on the giant sprites, and I did the giant tails statue and a sea base that's still under construction (and epic).

=Smidge=

I played some of Classic in my browser and such. Super laggy unless I have the draw distance as tiny as possible, but its enough to make me feel like I would like to buy it when I'm on a better computer so I can play with you guys and also have the more developed game.