A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Minecraft: Come Play With Us!

Alright, that railway system you guys have been working on? I've made some... Improvements. Namely, minecart boosters. Of course, they're not particularly reliable, as minecarts in multiplayer are spectacularly screwed up, but... I have managed to get to both ends of the railroad with just boosters, so it's a start. :)

Also, I'm working on a little house on the cliff face with the waterfall near the spawn.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a triumph. I'm making a note here, 'huge success'. Apparently Glad-DOS has found a way to transcend portal to let those playing minecraft know she is

If you couldn't get my joke, I'll give it away here. Someone created a rendition of "Still Alive" in Minecraft using the "Musical 'Note' Boxes". I found this on

Kotaku.

Yeah, it's worthwhile to mention that a new patch came out a little while ago. It has cake, lapis lazuli blocks, cloth that can be dyed (yes Ila, you make your bed pink now), squids, dispensors which can be used to improve on the dungeon concept by making them throw items or act as traps, and some bug fixes.

Oh, but it's still pretty damn laggy in single player mode.

Yeah, it's worthwhile to mention that a new patch came out a little while ago. It has cake, lapis lazuli blocks, cloth that can be dyed (yes Ila, you make your bed pink now), squids, dispensors which can be used to improve on the dungeon concept by making them throw items or act as traps, and some bug fixes.

It's not lapis. It's never lapis...

...except for that one time.

I'll update when I get a chance, providing hey0's mod is ready.

=Smidge=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I can only have fun on Minecraft with PvP. There's nothing better than a long running server full of all sorts of forts, buildings and hidden player-made caves to pillage and call your own, on top of the server-generated dungeons and caverns.

Not to mention, there's a feeling in a minecraft PvP server just starting out that i dont get in any other game or MMO ever. Having to search for resources, dig out my own hole to survive the night, and also make sure i pick a good area and hide my stashes and entrances well to avoid other players looking to take my stuff.

But there are very few minecraft PvP servers that dont lag, or that have crappy addon support, like no maps or crappy territory rules.

Minecraft is the model for the perfect MMO, in my opinion. If other games can mimic this kind of freedom (finally, a GOOD type of freedom) with its environment and player interactions, then it'll be an instant winner. I dont have much fun with minecraft anymore, but i think the designer deserves all that ridiculous money he got.

I wouldn't see the point in playing PVP. Other players being able to just tear your shit up would take a lot of the fun out of making a fortress to defend your shit in the first place I would think.

Well, unless you could designate that players could only dig within their own areas. Then it could be pretty awesome.

I wouldn't see the point in playing PVP. Other players being able to just tear your shit up would take a lot of the fun out of making a fortress to defend your shit in the first place I would think.

Well, unless you could designate that players could only dig within their own areas. Then it could be pretty awesome.

Well, whats the point of a fortress without there being a point to the fortress?

It's like fighting over territory, except you're literally fighting over someone elses stuff and not some predetermined property. It just gives everything more value to me.

But most importantly, it's user generated content -- it's always different, and surprises are almost guaranteed.

Getting a group of players and designing a battle fortress to fend off attackers and expand borders. It's just a great concept.

Oh, well most servers have a policy where you can't really build or destroy anything on another factions territory unless you take it from them.

And taking/gaining territory has something to do with an algorithm based on the sum of all the member's faction points, or something like that. So you can't just run in and dynamite stuff.

If they hold a relatively large area, you can whittle them down until you can take specific chunks from them. I dont know if servers have a feature that multiplies the power of the chunk you're trying to take by the chunks surrounding it so you can't kill a few members, then go a mile into their territory and take a chunk. But it should allow you to take from their borders.

But every PVP server i've played on has banned Dynamite anyway. In the wrong hands, it's just devastating to the whole server.