A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Reputation System Upgrade

Perfect Chaos Zero

There's a TON more rep ranks out there for a lot more rep values. You only need 5 rep to get something different for most people until you really start hitting the huge values. This makes rep way more interesting and cool, so start doing cool stuff and start getting fat rep points you guys! It makes a lot of cooler differences now! :D

Also I'm adding more as I go, so any suggestions to cool ideas as far as possible rep ranks go, will be much appreciated. :D

• Like 4

"Holds the power of a miracle"

"Fights for love and glory"

"Brings hope to a ruined world"

"The ultimate incarnation awakens"

"The scream of the hungry beast writes about in the deep shadows" (...what?)

"Within the storm, within the thunder, change! Become a god!"

Awesome. Also lol @ your current string, PC0.

• Like 1

"The scream of the hungry beast writes about in the deep shadows" (...what?)

ooo...good catch. That one's...missing half of it. XD Also, had a typo.

The idea is to make the later ones longer and more...epic sounding obviously. A lot of them are cool sounding anime and video game quotes and what not, for those who happen to guess what series they're from, epic bonus cookie for them. Some aren't as cool as I want them to be though, thus the call for more suggestions! There is now a total of 52 titles total, ranging from -60 all the way up to 300 rep points. Most are in divisions of 5 up to 160ish or so, where it becomes divisions of 10, After 205 or so, it becomes increments of 15 until 250, where it becomes increments of 25.

So far my favorite is:

-Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? He said, “Don’t bring me any trouble, bitch!"

Hey, just lettin' ya know that you have another typo.

"<usernamehere> is trying to conquor the world!"

Conquor should be conquer.

"<usernamehere> is trying to conquer the world!"

Edit: Examples added, green changed to black. Soft SFGHQ does not like the green, it appears.

Edit 2: That's a neat idea, flame. Slightly off-topic, but somehow, I wanna say that reminds me of NSiders back in the day, when you ranked up in posting from Goomba to Paratroopa etc. Meh, too many thoughts running through my head.

That gives me an idea. Since custom user titles are already enabled for standard users on this forum, with enough rep is it possible to get user title colors?

Like 50 rep you get a blue user title, 100 you get a dark green, 350 you get an indigo, then 500 an orange title. The numbers don't have to be those, but something of that nature. They correspond with whatever rep title for those numbers. Just one of my ideas.

I remember discussing about name colors back when I started work on the themes. This board doesn't even have different colors for staff members, and Overbound's point is important to consider, since each theme is radically different from the others.

Well, we (the staff) were discussing way back a forum based shop that let you "buy" things like highlighted post, user title colors and nifty things like that but it fell to the wayside as an incomplete and non-implemented concept. I'll talk to the guys and maybe we'll look into it and see if it's possible to revive that idea but, no promises okay?

Also I just want to point out, apparently this topic is evil, as it's topic # is 6666. (look at the url)