A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The big E3 thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Donkey kong country returns was in any way influenced by MM9, I'm not so sure about Rayman either.

Sonic 4 though? Yea, yea mm9 influenced that most likely.

EDIT: Actually the KOTOR MMO was originally announced as a free to play, they were talking about getting our money through things like microtransactions.

XDDD It looks graphically better than the new zelda on Wii. (Im joking but im half not)

Oh come on. My only complaint is that it's not as painterly as the concept art, but I can live with that.

Edit: On the subject of painterly, I hope Epic Mickey is as awesome as Castle of Illusion.

Edit 2: Wait.. how powerful is the 3DS exactly? I just went to Nintendo's E3 site and I see Kingdom Hearts listed (and Super Street Fighter IV).

Sorry, but the new Zelda is.....yeaahh. I'd say it looked like it was developed for the gamecube, but both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess looked FAR better than this game. Wouldn't stop me from buying the game, but graphically it's nothing special at all. I was expecting a Super Mario Galaxy quality graphical blowout for the first Wii-exclusive Zelda debut. This took me by surprise, in the wrong way.

If it wasn't for Link's model, i'd say it looks like this game was designed for a handheld. I really hope its early development, because the outside environments look really really bad, specifically the trees. And after the absolutely amazing fire dungeons from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, that fire dungeon in the trailer was looking pretty damn ugly too. For such bad textures and jaggy/weak environments i'd expect post/filter effects out the ass, but i dont see any.

Im just going to bank it on early development and leave it there. Otherwise, i dont know what they were thinking.

I'm so so so excited for the Donkey Kong Country game. It looks rad, especially the part that showed the lava erupting, destroying the mine cart track.

I think the new Kirby game looks fun. It still seems like a Kirby game while at the same time being totally different.

The 3DS looks incredible, holy crap. I NEED one.

I hope they fix Zelda Wii's controls, and that it really was just a fuckup from interference because that was embarrasing.

I didn't give a crap about anything else really at Nintendo's conference other than the Mickey Game, Golden Sun, and the 3DS. The 3DS is going to be a day one purchase for me, though I should know better and wait a few months because I forgot Nintendo has turned into Apple and is going to have a better handheld in a couple months time after its release haha. I'm half-joking, but I'll probably still get it day one.

Sony's conference was the second worst conference I've seen, it was better than Ubisoft's, but not as good as the rest. So far e3 in general has been less than impressive imo, it just doesn't seem as interesting to me this year as it was in previous years.

Aaron, the 3ds graphically is at least on par with a ps2 (check out the snake eater demo screens :o), so expect good things out of it.

I haven't been this pumped for an E3, it's been a good year of games.

Just saw the gameplay videos for MVC3, GOOD GOD the game looks incredible!

Sorry, but the new Zelda is.....yeaahh. I'd say it looked like it was developed for the gamecube, but both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess looked FAR better than this game.

Eh, different strokes, but fair enough.

The Kirby game looks pretty weird. Not sure I like being able to see straight through him, but I'm sure it'll work fine in motion and I'm just being a tool.

yeah im def. getting a 3DS

This is the sentiment of just about anyone that has heard about the 3DS today. SG up there, me, some friends of mine. It's not like that camera DS where it's just like "eh, whatever" because I really didn't need a camera DS. I NEED this 3DS.

Bulletstorm also seems like a guilty pleasure to like and watch :3

I also think the voice of Spike Spiegel is the guy voicing that character too, which makes me laugh haha. Definitely I want that game.

I want a 3DS as well.

Steven Blum does at least one voice in every anime.

I don't get the complaints for the new Zelda. It looks like a cross between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess graphics. The control problems were hardly there. The only problems they had, I have seen implemented in Wii Sports Resort, so I doubt the controls have any problems.

Since no post is complete without it. I want a 3DS so badly it hurts.

Steven Blum does at least one voice in every anime.

Yeah, thats true, but I always think of him as Spike...or Leeron. But the guy in bulletstorm didn't sound like Leeron so its Spike. Thats my logic and I'm sticking with it!

EDIT: you don't even get that weird alliasing that the psp does normally :o

Those screenshots look like someone messing with the Photoshop blur tool, sadly. =/ Would be awesome if they released a handheld with anti-aliasing support that didn't kill performance.

Edit: I wonder if the Pandora needs to change their slogan about being the most powerful handheld device, unless they're gonna try to lean on things like "we don't just mean hardware, but the capabilities" or whatever else they can think of as an excuse.

Son, have you ever played a Twisted Metal in your life? You cannot overhype it. It is Twisted Metal.

Seriously. Boring. Vigilante 8 and Twisted Metal are terrible games. Ridiculous characters with a stupid premise.

Sorry, but the new Zelda is.....yeaahh. I'd say it looked like it was developed for the gamecube, but both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess looked FAR better than this game. Wouldn't stop me from buying the game, but graphically it's nothing special at all. I was expecting a Super Mario Galaxy quality graphical blowout for the first Wii-exclusive Zelda debut. This took me by surprise, in the wrong way.

If it wasn't for Link's model, i'd say it looks like this game was designed for a handheld. I really hope its early development, because the outside environments look really really bad, specifically the trees. And after the absolutely amazing fire dungeons from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, that fire dungeon in the trailer was looking pretty damn ugly too. For such bad textures and jaggy/weak environments i'd expect post/filter effects out the ass, but i dont see any.

Im just going to bank it on early development and leave it there. Otherwise, i dont know what they were thinking.

I had written out a long-winded reply to this trainwreck of a post but then I remembered: It's Seraph. Have fun looking for jaggies. (Newsflash: EVERY FUCKING GAME HAS THEM.)