A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The big E3 thread

We usually have one of these every year, so I figured I'd start it off. First day's pretty boring, and Microsoft's conference felt kinda lackluster, but big things are on the way for Nintendo and Sony tomorrow (or, I think it's tomorrow) so I'm pumped. Plus, the MGS:Rising trailer looks soooooo good. I can't wait to see what kinda shit you'll be able to cut.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-metal-gear/101272

Also, Super Scribblenauts seems to just scream "WE MADE IT NOT MEDIOCRE THIS TIME. SERIOUSLY"

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-super-scribblenauts-is-pulling-me-back-in-176321.phtml

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I'm late to the party, but that's mainly because I'm pretty much over microsoft. They have an overly flashy show that shows off a lot of crap. I have no hopes for that kinect thing. I have a feeling more and more developers are going ot the darkside and making that thing part of their games, and I'm not having it.

I am excited for Sony and nintendo tomorrow though :D!

Dude, I saw a clip of Microsoft's Curc Du Solei shit or whatever the fuck. Fucking sad, man. Then I guess it turned out to be an exclusive ad or whatever for MTV, and the journalists who sat through that bullshit were given light up ponchos to be used as part of the performance or god knows what.

And they weren't even playing the Kinect games either. Just acting.

I think they made it overly flashy because they didn't have jack shit to show besides Kinect Wii Sports, new 360 model, and MGS Rising. I was interested in getting that new 360 model since I still don't have one, but at that price, I might as well get the old one and run a long wire to my room.

For years, i've asked the Hack-n-Slash genre to do ONE thing. Few games have come close.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=251121 *Metal Gear: Rising*

And one finally delivers. My prayers have been heard.

You can cut people at the angle they're sliced at, and they fall apart accordingly. It even lets you aim multiple times in SLOW MOTION. You get to slice PEOPLE and PROPS to tiny little bits. (including Cars and apparently a watermelon.)

You can cut people in half.

You can cut buildings and cars in half.

You can cut buildings and cars in half on people.

Best. Innovation. Ever. Preorder is automatic. i want this game now.

(this is what i was HOPING Lucas Arts was wasting their time on for Force Unleashed. Unfortunally they were programming a bunch of shit that makes no difference. People only want to play with Jedi because WE LIKE CUTTING SHIT IN HALF. Dammit, why doesn't anyone understand this.) Thank you Hiedo Kojima. Thank you so very much for giving me hope in videogames again.

Now all i need is an equally amazing innovation to hit the DBZ Fighting Game franchise and ill be set for life.

e3 this year sucks so hardcore, not enough cool reveals and too much emphasis on the casual shit imo. Gears of War 3 looks intense though, Halo Reach is gonna be a day one for me, and MGS Rising looks really intense too. Bulletstorm looks sick as hell (and is the guy voicing one of the characters Steven Blum? All I could think of was Spike Spiegel haha) and so forth. Just nothing has really wowed me.

I don't think Nintendo is going to really change that for me either, and Sony as well. Everyone is just gonna be babbling about their new motion controller technology, and I bet Nintendo is just going to keep putting on the e3 failures that they have been for the past few years.

So yeah, pretty disappointed with this years e3 so far xD;. Oh well. At least that spiritual successor thing to Rez, Child of Eden (?) looks really awesome even though I don't know what the hell is going on in it half the time.