A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure for PS3 and XBOX360 and ...

Kirs

Whatever. I've got a Wii, so I can just get DX and Battle.

EDIT: Looked at some of the comments on that. People saying they wouldn't buy the same game unless it had achievements. They literally have enough incentive to buy a game they already played, just because they will get digital pats on the back for doing pointless shit.

EDIT: Looked at some of the comments on that. People saying they wouldn't buy the same game unless it had achievements. They literally have enough incentive to buy a game they already played, just because they will get digital pats on the back for doing pointless shit.

This is why you'll never be hardcore, tentril.

Hmmmm.... I wouldn't mind getting it for my ps3 but I thought sega was going to release a freakin HUGE $100 aniversery collection next year during aniversery.

Nice try though sega. I've fallen for your "by the same game over and over on different consoles" way too many times.

Hmmmm.... I wouldn't mind getting it for my ps3 but I thought sega was going to release a freakin HUGE $100 aniversery collection next year during aniversery.

Nice try though sega. I've fallen for your "by the same game over and over on different consoles" way too many times.

Where the hell did you hear this??

I've already got Sonic Adventure for my Dreamcast... although, for the right price, I'd totally snag a copy for my 360.

On a side note: I still really hate that the Zune/Xbox Live ecosystem runs solely on points. I wish you had the option to just charge as well- I hate randomly having 8 pts that I can't use, and I don't want to buy more because I know I'll eventually have more unused points. ::shrug::

It must have been reported from someone's anus, because that rumor hasn't been anywhere near Joystiq or Kotaku.

There was a document leaked saying Sega and Sony were in talks of putting Dreamcast games on PSN. It was on an official Sega press site until it was taken down shortly after. But no, nothing specifically mentioning Sonic Adventure.

Where the hell did you hear this??

Heard it on retro

Edit: http://www.sonicretro.org/2009/09/segasony-internal-document-leaked-reveals-plans-for-future/

Sonic Anniversary

Could put out collectors edition with all old sonic games on one BD disc.

“Best of Sonic” for around $99.

SCEA would love PSN exclusive power ups/different game modes (think a mirror mode of levels)

I'd say I'm hardcore in an anti-achievements sort of way.

Its not really about it being an e-score or anything for me, really. It just gives me another reason the play the game, the same way you'd get a special ending for completing the game a different way.

I dont feel like buying it again, especially if they aint adding any new content. Its unfortunate SA2B likely wont end up on PSN though, thats what i'd go for. Only really for the Chao though.

The only thing i care for them to add is some kind of Ghost racing feature. That would be kickass. Then i could race myself and have all sorts of fun again.

Its not really about it being an e-score or anything for me, really. It just gives me another reason the play the game, the same way you'd get a special ending for completing the game a different way.

Thats my point. Its not anything like that. They just tell you that you did something cool and give it a dorky name. You don't earn anything. You don't get a special ending, you don't get a pointless powerup. They just say "way to go".

I doubt I'll buy it, my brother's the one who owns the Xbox. I probably still own this anyway. Point: if I wanted to waste my money I'd flush it down the toilet, it'd probably be more amusing anyway. Not that I don't like the game, but we've had enough rererereleases of Sonic titles.

Thats my point. Its not anything like that. They just tell you that you did something cool and give it a dorky name. You don't earn anything. You don't get a special ending, you don't get a pointless powerup. They just say "way to go".

I remember a time where an achievement didn't have a name or purpose and was entirely because of curiousity. by making it part of the game in such a blatant manner it becomes dubious and a chore.

well minus a cheesy cutscene, thats all Sonic 1 did once you beat the game with all the chaos emeralds.

Well, the only games with achievements ive EVER cared about would be Halo 3 and Blazblue. Halo i didnt care too much for. Blazblue's descriptions are funny as shit always seem to pop up for random reasons, aside from the ones you try to get. Like, you get the "Words Hurt Too..." achievement for letting someone get like a 9000 HP lead on you and then letting them Taunt you. Like 80% of them have some kind of sexual innuendo to them as well.

So i guess im not forming a pretty good arguement.

Achievements only belong in certian types of games, and i cant STAND achievements that are just really stupidly set. For instance, im really pissed there is no achievement for beating Halo 3 Legendary mode on Solo, because god dammit im proud of actually doing that shit without cheating with another pansy online.

I don't see why Sonic Adventure needs achievements.

Sonic games always gave you a sense of achievement without "achievements".

For instance, sonic 3k.

Once you got all the chaos emeralds and the super emeralds, rather than having the game tell you "you're cool!" it gave you Doomsday Zone which was, in my opinion, the best freakin "achievement" ever.

I don't see why Sonic Adventure needs achievements.

Sonic games always gave you a sense of achievement without "achievements".

For instance, sonic 3k.

Once you got all the chaos emeralds and the super emeralds, rather than having the game tell you "you're cool!" it gave you Doomsday Zone which was, in my opinion, the best freakin "achievement" ever.

Oh, please, shut the fuck up. What you just wrote can be said for any damn game in existence. I haven't seen one game that needs achievements/trophies (although BlazBlue's are awesome). If you want to bicker, do it about something worthwhile (and present it in a worthwhile way).

Damn it, I've never been this angry at a post here since Serephim said RE4 brought nothing new compared to RE5...

EDIT: don't attribute that STFU to me thinking I'm holier than thou. Nothing against you personally. I just think you wrote some really dumb shit.