A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

Someone leaked Sonic Colors' story:

I am bored. I am also hungry. What should I do today?

eggman.jpg

Of course! I'll kidnap some aliens and build an amusement park in the sky and litter it with giant donuts and hamburgers!

180px-Unleashed_eggman.png

Yes! I'm a genius!

735249826_7a6a59a478.jpg?v=0

ThIIIS PlOT MaaaaakES SeeeeenSE

[qimg]http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/eggman.jpg[/qimg]

Of course! I'll kidnap some aliens and build an amusement park in the sky and litter it with giant donuts and hamburgers!

[qimg]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090830021800/sonikuu/images/thumb/d/db/Unleashed_eggman.png/180px-Unleashed_eggman.png[/qimg]

Yes! I'm a genius!

[qimg] 735249826_7a6a59a478.jpg?v=0 [/qimg]

Hah!

Anyway, Sonic Colors is a weird title for a Sonic game.

[qimg]http://www.tssznews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/eggman.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090830021800/sonikuu/images/thumb/d/db/Unleashed_eggman.png/180px-Unleashed_eggman.png[/qimg]

Yes! I'm a genius!

[qimg] 735249826_7a6a59a478.jpg?v=0 [/qimg]

Not sure I can appreciate that Sonic is apparently lying in blood. :U

Yes, it really really does.

I see more than floating rainbow colored rails, boost pads and "press [x] button to go up or right" gimmicks. I'll say it actually looks promising. Maybe they're thinking of turning this into a VIDEOGAME and not an interactive cutscene...?

IMO, looks like they're trying their absolute hardest to knock Mario Galaxy's swag this time around. Complete with colorful environments and odd powerups. It just saddens me they are so incompetent these days that "Sonic is the only playable character" happens to be a hook, now. Since when was being confined to one moveset per level a great thing? I remember back in the day when having more than one playable character was one damn good reason to buy a game.

Just saw a gameplay video.

Almost exact port of Sonic Unleashed engine, animation and all, minus HD and Hedgehog Engine lightning techniques. That said, this game rivals Super Mario Galaxy on visuals, effing seriously. Its gorgeous. Gameplay wise...

....you know, i think they're finally starting to get the idea. I'd definitely buy this game. Sonic Unleashed minus werehog + additional gameplay elements that encourage different paths and varied gameplay without taking too much control away from Sonic? Im actually interested in this game. First video playthrough is what does it for me, and im not unimpressed.

Still disappointed at sonic not rolling anymore, but with him lightspeeding and drilling through platforms, i dont think i mind too much.

Who's failure attempt at a funny flowchart was that? They at least need to make sense.

Funny thing i noticed btw:

The player seemed to skip alot with the digging, be it by using it to skip entire segments or just not digging period.

Another interesting thing....It might have just been bad timing, but at one point in that gameplay video, Sonic boosts into an enemy and still gets damaged. I believe you're actually required to jump/homing attack them now. (and that also explains the change in the graphic from a frontal burst to colorful foot sparks.) You notice at the beginning of the video, during the running segments, 2 enemies block sonic's path, but the game prompts you to homing attack them and not just press the Boost button? Im glad, it restores just a tiny bit more gameplay and does away with a little bit less of that "this game is automated" feeling.

Also, theres a upwards curve that actually carries you upward at one point in the video, similar to how it would in the genesis games. The player didnt boost on it, and it wasn't that large, but its a plus, seeing as they seemed broken in Unleashed and didnt carry you very far at all no matter how fast you were going.

Also, funny thing i read:

* Sonic doesn't talk. There are no conversations or text screens -- just Sonic running around a lot, very quickly. The game was described to me by a developer as, "Sonic Unleashed minus everything but the running," and that seemed an apt description, as Sonic races over huge walkways, bounces off of springs, and homes in on enemies, combo-ing them them in groups if timed exactly right.

Feels like they've definitely been paying attention. Could care less about the sonic not talking thing, but i FAR prefer that pitch that whole "this game only has sonic in it" bullshit. You know, alot of the annoying ass characters in Sonic would be far, far better characters if they never talked. Hell, Shadow might still be a good character. As long as the entire game is kept strictly SONIC gameplay, then im game. Playable tails is always a plus, and Supersonic would also be interesting.

I usually wouldn't care about this kind of shitty talk, but seeing as ive already seen the game played at this point, im willing to take some of it in. As long as between now and release they dont show off some new gimmicky bullshit idea they came up with to lighten the load and water up the game, i think they're finally on the right track here.

Edit: Oh, and i just figured out why sonic isn't going boost crazy -- it's no longer given to you by Rings. It looks like its the White little color thingies that award you Boost meter. Which would explain why boost no longer kills enemies. Also, it looks like killing certian enemies awards you the boost color pikman thingies. It seems like it'll be something worth holding onto now. Really liking the gameplay changes here. Lookin promising.