A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

Is it just me or are they starting to rely on targeting VERY specific audiences now for their sonic games? Sonic 4 for the suckers, Sonic Colors for the homosexuals

I lol'd. Anyway at least this game may have good gameplay.

I'll... Reserve judgement. Artistically? Gorgeous. They're taking the Mario Galaxy direction with this. Smart move.

Though, I sincerely hope they don't do the Unleashed style. The Wii version's daytime levels I tolerated, but the 360's daytime sections were bad. Really, not fun at all. Really, I hope they take the more "open" approach, because Unleashed's rollercoaster style is kinda bullshit. We've already had three games that are practically on-rails (so Unleashed had a few extremely short diversions from the main paths, whoop-dee-doo, it's still practically on rails), I'm surprised they haven't made a Sonic sandbox yet. Because they should.

I'll... Reserve judgement. Artistically? Gorgeous. They're taking the Mario Galaxy direction with this. Smart move.

Though, I sincerely hope they don't do the Unleashed style. The Wii version's daytime levels I tolerated, but the 360's daytime sections were bad. Really, not fun at all. Really, I hope they take the more "open" approach, because Unleashed's rollercoaster style is kinda bullshit. We've already had three games that are practically on-rails (so Unleashed had a few extremely short diversions from the main paths, whoop-dee-doo, it's still practically on rails), I'm surprised they haven't made a Sonic sandbox yet. Because they should.

Wide open environments would be awesome. But i think it won't because there are also 2D sections. So you're alway's forced towards a 2d section :(. Still I loved unleashed gameplay.

No. NO. HELL no. Fuck that. They've used that excuse TOO many times for it to ever work again.

I dont care how good the CG video looked. They're going to have to show something impressive to get me to at LEAST stop bashing the idea. And then they'll have to make me want to BUY it after that.

Unleashed was 3D Sonic Rush -- it was great for speedruns, and i enjoyed the daytime levels. Technically speaking all they really needed was a few branching pathways. The whole game focused on speed, and because of that, the stages had to be huge. like, really huge. I can see them failing to give you real branching paths.

The platform segments of the game could have been improved, but the game proved more than capable of handling them. 2D->3D switching could have worked really really well, they just did it wrong. Besides, the whole "BREAKNECK SPEED" bullshit isn't going to work on this game anyway because it's on the Wii. Visual orgasm of the last game they did wont work here, unless the same team who did Hedgehog Engine is going to do something specific for the Wii Hardware, and somehow i doubt that.

Im never going to get this game first off because its on Wii. When i get a first screenshot/video, ill give the second reason. They better pull some serious Super Mario 64 Overhauling this time, or it isnt worth spitting that bullshit "FRESH START" pitch again.

It's their pitch for the game. They know sonic sucks now, and saying its a "reboot" or "throwback to original" or "nothing like the last eleven or twelve billion sonic fuckups we've done" is what is supposed to get people "excited".

the annoying thing is that they show us this really nice CG video, but we know the Wii can't display anything close to that. I hate SEGA and their fucking shite teaser trailers.

I hope Sonic Team all wear protection whilst they gangrape Sonic.

Colors.

Colors.

COLORS!!??

What crack were the smoking when they came up with the name??

It's only fitting that they put it on a console with a name as gay as it has.

The Wii.

For the record Nintendo: "Nintendo Revolution" was better.

ngbbs4abb8f3351bf5.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

CRY SUM MOARRRRRRR

But seriously you sound like one of conicteam's drawings.

I miss Conicteam...

Anyway, I'm less upset over this than I was before. I'm still not entirely excited but a couple things have left me with less of a bitter attitude towards it, but still not excited for a Sonic game for once =/. I hope gameplay footage surfaces soon so I can judge it properly.

But what I don't get is why these wisps just don't translate into different characters. Yellow drilling = Knuckles can do that, and the blue cyan ones could easily be speed shoes. But w/e.

Using "gay" as an insult is the gayest thing I've ever heard of...

All joking aside, I concur that the use of the word "gay" as an insult is stupid, because I hear middleschoolers use it on a day-to-day basis...

Whatever you say poopy head.