A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Any Beatles fans/Classic Rock fans here?

conicteam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect The Beatles, I dig some of their tunes etc. I wouldn't say I am a hardcore fan or anything.

I'm more partial to the 90s anyway. A lot of my favourite bands spawned from that time. Soundgarden, Nirvana, Our Lady Peace etc to name just a few.

I love the Beatles but only Rubber Soul and their later stuff where you can tell they were on drugs.

Funny DW those are two songs I don't really care for.

My favorite Beatles songs are like Rocky Raccoon, Don't Let Me Down, and Across the Universe.

Not surprisingly those are all Lennon songs who is my favorite Beatle.

My favorite album of theirs is Revolver. (I know none of those songs are on there, weird huh?)

I'm also a Nirvana fan, and they did a nice cover of Bowie's Man Who Sold the World.

YES. I love that cover, its awesome. I have to say too I do like the Foo Fighters as well, but it is a shame that Kurt had to die. One of my favourite musicians for sure.

Help! is easily the Beatles' best song. And if you don't agree, go drop some acid and listen to the shit they put out while they were on acid.

"OMG SGT Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is a fuckin' masterpiece!" Okay, hippie. Put the tablets down for a couple of minutes.

And Ringo Starr is the best Beatle, simply for the fact that he was Mr. Conductor on Shining Time Station.

Oh hellz yeah, that was great when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure Alec Baldwin did some of the newer ones, and when I think about it...that's not as epic as Starr or Carlin were.

I'm a big Foo Fighters fan as well, MFZB. I mean, Rawr.

Also, obligatory post about Pink Floyd.

It seems we have a lot of fans of The Beatles and other classic rock greats :ssmile:

My favourite Beatles song? That's a tough one. MY favourite Beatle? Paul McCartney FTW!

*ahem*

Only a couple people even said they like the Beatles aside from yourself. Of those, none of them really said they were fans. You have a way of making wacky statements.

The Beatles are my favorite band; and I like all of their entire career, from the beginning to the end. Although if I was to pick one part of their career that was best though, I'd have to say around the White Album and Abbey Road. However the Rubber Soul-Revolver-Sgt. Pepper period was pretty ace, too. The Magical Mystery Tour-Yellow Submarine era (whenever they were really tripping on acid) were actually to me the most "meh" parts of their run. As for the rest (Please Please Me, Help!, Beatles for Sale, etc.) I have a strong liking for them too.

I do love the Rolling Stones and Bowie though. Also a fan of the Doors, The Monkees, Hall & Oates, The Byrds, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and all them good kids. And since I consider "classic rock" anything under the title of "rock & roll" all the way until the late '80s, I'll consider Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Sweet, ZZ Top, Lynnard Skynnard, Bruce Springsteen and AC/DC on that list too.

Classic rock to me just sounds better than modern rock ever will. Take that, you depressing emo-punks. :P

And lol, just noticed how many people called George Harrison George Carlin XD

I've pretty much only listened to the number one hits thing that came out a while back. And I watched that movie. Some of their stuff is pretty good, but a lot of it is the same stuff over and over again.

The Beat-Alls are pretty awesome though amirite?

Classic rock to me just sounds better than modern rock ever will. Take that, you depressing emo-punks. :P

Now, I don't disagree that classic rock overall is better than modern rock, but first of all, not all modern rock is emo or punk. Second, I'm sure there were plenty of terrible classic rock bands too.

Actually, we were talking about Shining Time Station, a kids show way back when featuring Thomas the Tank Engine. George CARLIN was the narrator after Ringo Starr.

I know all the Beatles, it just so happens that the next guy after Ringo was also named George.

As an irrelevant fact, there are a lot of, well, Johns in music.

Lennon

Petrucci

Entwistle

Paul Jones

Bonham

Bon Jovi

Frusciante

Elton (last name but whatever)

etc.

*ahem*

Only a couple people even said they like the Beatles aside from yourself. Of those, none of them really said they were fans. You have a way of making wacky statements.

When I posted it, only one said they weren't into classic rock with a polite "No"

I'm not really all that into classic rock, unless you consider the 90s classic rock by this point (lol). Other than that really there are very few bands from before that time period I will actually listen to.