A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

People You Miss at SFGHQ? :..(

OverbounD

Why do you say that? You seem pretty cool to me.

I don't know why exactly, but I have a very self-depreciative idea of my role on these forums. Its most likely because I feel that I should make a game, sprites, music, or something since thats supposed to be the point of these forums.

The midwest is the worst place to be when forums want to meet up. No one lives here. I am pretty much the farthest I can be from everyone while being in the same country as them.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Koray? Did I miss something or did he just disappear one day?

rofl not too long ago Koray came back for a day and deleted one of my posts and told me that post was a bad example of how a moderator should act. Then he left again.

I still talk to Nitemare from time to time on AIM. He's working on some projects of his own. Doesn't come around here much anymore, though I wish he would.

I haven't talked to Euan in a while, but from what I can tell on his facebook he's living it up in college. He left Retro XG because it was taking too much from his social life and he had no time for it. I seriously love Euan so much, he was so helpful to me for years with making backgrounds. I owe so much to him.

I miss Blue Frenzy, even if I still see him on AIM a lot. He also helped me so much with backgrounds, I'm still always showing him stuff I'm making.

To whoever says he misses RC, he still pops in for periods of time under some name with "sailor" in it... I think he actually has two accounts here (he registered one and forgot about it). Whenever he comes in he seems all interested in programming and stuff, he was always messaging me showing me stuff. Also he literally lives like 10 miles from me, he was always telling me we should meet up and hang out but we never made time to.

I miss Clwe so much, he just disappeared in late 05... I know he came back for the new forums, though. Such an amazing guy, he was so genuinely nice and helpful all the time. I was just remembering him earlier for some reason, I remembered when I would talk to him on AIM he would type out these huge paragraphs rather than breaking multiple sentences up into separate messages... he typed fast as a demon, it was ridiculous. I've never known someone who could type so much in such a short amount of time. Also his tutorials and games were spectacular. One Girl Army, anyone?

I miss TRD too. He was such a n00b when he first joined, but we transformed him into such a great member. I miss when Brad used to call him TuRD.

I really miss seeing Gamerdude around here too. I still talk with him on AIM though (I swear he's like the greatest person in existence), he's been super busy lately applying for internships and he just got one!

I still talk to SefirothDB on MSN from time to time... no idea what he's up to, I should ask cause I miss him a lot too. So much talent. And he was so fucking modest, he really thought he wasn't that great at all.

I miss MikeL and Lightning, those guys made me laugh a lot.

Supachao was the MAN. I miss Shadow of a Hedgehog, that project looked so promising. And he had some awesome side projects too. Seriously such an awesome guy. I'd love to know what he's up to.

I also want to say that I think it's ridiculous that Blyde and Aaron haven't decided to meet up and hang out, really. I used to IM them blyde like WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW? IF THE ANSWER ISN'T HANGING OUT WITH AARON THEN MAKE THAT THE ANSWER.

before blyde went to college we used to talk about meeting up sometime, since besides RC he lived closer to me than any other SFGHQer (only about an hour away)... that never worked out either though and he lives a thousand miles away now :<

That's because there's no place to meet in Evansville.

I'd probably only be interested in meeting up with Brad to throw some rager. There might not be a whole lot in Nebraska, but at least he knows where it's all at.

Or gawk at Rael. Through binoculars. Across the street. In a tree.

but... but I don't live in nebraska :<

I'd actually love to meet some of you guys. I think it'll be a crime if I don't road trip my ass to Lark's house over the summer, he's also one of the coolest guys in existence. I should just organize this meet-up with Gamerdude, Blyde, and Lark, it would be awesome. We're all not that far from each other.

I also want to say that I think it's ridiculous that Blyde and Aaron haven't decided to meet up and hang out, really. I used to IM them blyde like WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW? IF THE ANSWER ISN'T HANGING OUT WITH AARON THEN MAKE THAT THE ANSWER.

Don't kill mah plz

Um Blue Frenzy is still around he's working on SFA and Everlasting Song. He actually PMed me asking for level ideas a few weeks ago, so he's still around and still working on stuff he's just not posting so much.

I think a lot of people go through phases though. Sometimes I won't post here for a few months but I always end up back here. Anyway me and SFGHQ have been going steady for sometime now so I think me leaving probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. I still have Time Twisted to finish once that's done I'd like to start giving back to the community. So you guys are stuck with me for a fucking while bitches.

I know he's around, he's actually like really really close to finishing SFA. Like he's just finishing up cutscenes and stuff.. and he has like one more level to do. He really picked up the pace over the past few months. He just doesn't post here as much as he used to :<

Maybe in 5 years people will miss me too...

:(

Haha. Its funny though, seeing some of the names on here makes me think that I used to lurk this site when I was younger. A couple names, like Rlan ring major bells to me. Did the site used to have a sidebar on the left that had a whole bunch of different categories and there were even categories that had like...fangames with fancharacters and stuff in it? Its been so long so it might be a different site, but I almost remember playing a few of them. There was some game I remember playing years and years ago that had some blue echidna as the main character. I don't remember if it was any good though and I don't know if its on the main page since I haven't checked.

But something tells me I knew about this place way before being brought here in 2008 and I just forgot haha. I couldn't even tell you if I maybe joined the forums or not, and if I did it was probably nothing notable or even a post.

Its also going on 4am here so I could just be getting delusional.

Edit: Haha oh man, I found the game I think. Its from 2002, thats nuts. I would have been 12 haha.

Oh geez...haha. Its totally not like how I remembered it, but it is the game. I remember thinking it was so epic, and BLUE KNUCKLES etc. Only the first one's DL link won't work.

Not sure but I do remember that game with the blue knuckles XD. Man I wish my Online skills didnt suck. I have a spriter now so I could sooo revive Super Ball Ultima and people wouldnt have to give me sprites I could make them XD And make people be more different than stats XD

I liked Super Ball Ultima!

I miss that JEV3 guy, he was a beast at time attacking in ETCF in the SAGE 08 demo(he beat all of my best times even though I have hte level map and everything :(). The two cool new members SAGE 08 brought were MFZB and JEV3. At least one of them stuck around!