A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spring Planning and some Streak Drama

Rael0505

I think the only reason there's a fuss is because Streak's an "oldbie". He's been here since forever. So, naturally, people are gonna whine that he's banned, despite his obvious behavior.

I agree with Steven that this thread should be nuked pretty soon, but only because I know it's feeding Streak's ego while he's reading it.

I don't like that all you guys that don't like Streak and are claiming that those who do mind his perma-ban are whining or bitching or making a big fuss out of this.

This thread is here for just that discussion, and it's stayed in this thread.

So, Fuck you.

"Because if I'm unwanted"

What made him think he was unwanted? I've always though Streak was awesome. He was a bitch as times, even way before Rael and Overbound, but he still was a good member. But you guys are moderator/admins. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I have yet to see a valid reason as to why he shouldn't have been banned or what better action could have been taken. I needed to do something to stop the spamming, and all he was saying on AIM was BAN ME BAN ME BAN ME OR I'LL NEVER STOP

I don't like this either and I'm open to suggestions, but you "whiners" (yes, that term is applicable here) have nothing to say other than OMG NAZI FORUM MODERATORS!!!11!11

Give me something constructive. Respond to my last post.

Oh, and for the record, until the end of the conversation I was telling him that I didn't want him banned and he could appeal his ban at any time by messaging me (that's in his ban message, too). Bottom line is, he's allowed back in whenever he wants to - he just needs to talk to me first. He's not here because he doesn't want to be. He said he's done with this place even before his permaban (which I'll repeat again that he requested, and even forced on me).

Because, you know, we don't like it when he derails threads with OMG NERDS and stuff. Not even because it's offensive, it's just annoying and derails threads. I'm waiting for Eminence to come in and be like BUT WE CAN IGNORE IT but honestly we know that doesn't happen and I'd rather delete troll posts, especially if they're successful in derailing a thread.

Streak is allowed back in whenever he messages me telling me he wants to and agrees he won't derail threads with LOL NERDS anymore. I'm being reasonable as anyone can possibly expect me to be. Don't like it? Give me a fucking reason and I'll give a damn.

As to why this thread exists, I agree with Cyber Rat that banning a member who's been around here since a little after the forum started is a serious issue. If I were to ban him silently, people would be confused about the situation. This thread exists so that people know exactly what happened. And I honestly am open to any suggestions. I just want more than passive aggressive bitching about how andrew can't post anymore because we're "micromanaging" everything people say.

edit: I don't know how many times I have to say Streak ASKED for his ban even before the first 3 day temp ban. He got himself banned because he's angsty or something. Really, since we started talking to him on AIM about how he was derailing threads before calling him out on the forums, his attitude was "well ban me if you don't like it, I'll never stop." If you think we're wrong in the way we dealt with this situation, give us a reason or shut your mouths.

He had it coming. The only reason he hadn't been banned long ago for this shit was solely because he was an oldbie and because he was working on a respectable game. If he were someone else, he wouldn't have lasted so long. Getting rid of him is only fair.

Right now I'm more upset about the people who are antagonizing the situation with remarks like "har har, he got what was coming" and shit like that than the actual banning. Yeah, there really isn't any better kind of ultimatum that could be layed down than the one that is on right now as far as keeping order is concerned... but it annoys me that I keep hearing all this shit talk.

And speak of the devil, while I'm in the middle of typing a message...

Right now I'm more upset about the people who are antagonizing the situation with remarks like "har har, he got what was coming" and shit like that than the actual banning. Yeah, there really isn't any better kind of ultimatum that could be layed down than the one that is on right now as far as keeping order is concerned... but it annoys me that I keep hearing all this shit talk.

And speak of the devil, while I'm in the middle of typing a message...

Oh, you. You caught me. :asmile:

^^^

I'm upset cause this whole thing is causing some sort of implosion between us all. What the hell guys? Streak was being a dick, people dog piled on him, streak asked to get banned, now we're at each others throats all of a sudden? Fuck guys! Enough! Look at what this is doing. Now there's bad blood in the pot because of differing views of the situation. I didn't want bad blood in the pot, why IS there bad blood in the pot? Why is there a fucking pot?!

Look, Streak being banned is a loss and its not something to say "good riddens" to. So what if streak was a dick, and spitting on the door he walked out in makes you any better? No! Stop this bullshit and shake hands, seriously you guys. WTF happened?

I'm upset cause this whole thing is causing some sort of implosion between us all. What the hell guys? Streak was being a dick, people dog piled on him, streak asked to get banned, now we're at each others throats all of a sudden? Fuck guys! Enough! Look at what this is doing. Now there's bad blood in the pot because of differing views of the situation. I didn't want bad blood in the pot, why IS there bad blood in the pot? Why is there a fucking pot?!

Look, Streak being banned is a loss and its not something to say "good riddens" to. So what if streak was a dick, and spitting on the door he walked out in makes you any better? No! Stop this bullshit and shake hands, seriously you guys. WTF happened?

I don't get this split either. Rael and I have explained what happened at least 10 times and yet, people continue to claim that we are Nazis or micro-managers. That's not the case at all and if you can't see that, then I'd recommend that you don't post on the subject anymore.

I'll reiterate: I didn't want Streak to go either. We tried to talk him out of it, but there's a fine line between being buds and doing what we're supposed to do here. He stepped over it. He openly admitted that he did so and that he would become a habitual line-stepper unless we took him out.

If you have any reasonable questions about the situation, ask away (I doubt that there's anything left to ask). Want more chat logs? Fine. If you want to celebrate Streak's banning, then we'll delete your post because you're not helping. This is not the place to do that.

Honestly, it's nothing to kick a fuss over. Basically this whole squib of an incident has been about people just turning molehills into mountains. Personally I'd suggest we nuke this thread and go on as normal, but I suppose people would bitch about that, too.

Whatever happened to taking your complaints into PMs and IMs? I get that Rael wanted to make the thread to give his side of the story, and that's cool, but what's not cool is people kicking the dead horse and claiming power abuse. That's just plain silly.

For great justice. I said something like this on the first page lol. Yeah its a loss that he had been banned, he can appeal it if he wants to though. Lets just let Streak make up his mind on what he wants and just go about business as usual. This shit is so trivial haha.

I don't get this split either. Rael and I have explained what happened at least 10 times and yet, people continue to claim that we are Nazis or micro-managers. That's not the case at all and if you can't see that, then I'd recommend that you don't post on the subject anymore.

I'll reiterate: I didn't want Streak to go either. We tried to talk him out of it, but there's a fine line between being buds and doing what we're supposed to do here. He stepped over it. He openly admitted that he did so and that he would become a habitual line-stepper unless we took him out.

If you have any reasonable questions about the situation, ask away (I doubt that there's anything left to ask). Want more chat logs? Fine. If you want to celebrate Streak's banning, then we'll delete your post because you're not helping. This is not the place to do that.

What do you mean continue? There hasn't been any of that since Andrew said what he said. And really, can you blame him? No one really knows what goes on out here. From the perspective of any of them who aren't in our little circle of discussion, this whole thing looked like a sudden knee jerk reaction. I myself had more than a fair share of suspicion in spite of being a part of that... or at least thinking I'm a part of that. I don't even really know anymore since my input is usually met with a patronizing if not outright mocking attitude. And Nazis? C'mon, no one said that. And why are you using this screwed up lingo? Why do you always have to 'take' someone 'out'? It's so dirty sounding. Thats what you said a few weeks ago when...

I don't really want to think much more about this. It's bringing out the worst in me. I just want to go back to all the friendly chatter about what movies are cool and what interesting shit is on the horizon. About what projects we are working on and generally just enjoying whatever it is that this forum is still about. There is so much pettiness lately... the only times I've been enjoying myself lately with anything revolving around SFGHQ are answering whatever help requests people have and when chatting about random crazy shit with Wesker and Ila. Everything is just so damn heavy lately.

I don't really want to think much more about this. It's bringing out the worst in me. I just want to go back to all the friendly chatter about what movies are cool and what interesting shit is on the horizon. About what projects we are working on and generally just enjoying whatever it is that this forum is still about. There is so much pettiness lately... the only times I've been enjoying myself lately with anything revolving around SFGHQ are answering whatever help requests people have and when chatting about random crazy shit with Wesker and Ila. Everything is just so damn heavy lately.

Maybe we should try and find something fun for the community to do then =D? I know the last few contests kind of bombed, but I think a lot was due to timing and whatnot. Something to get the community together or something. I'm sorry for just how cheesy this post sounds.

Maybe we should try and find something fun for the community to do then =D? I know the last few contests kind of bombed, but I think a lot was due to timing and whatnot. Something to get the community together or something. I'm sorry for just how cheesy this post sounds.

Yeah! We can get through this together! Everyone, group hug!

Anyway... I've always enjoyed the contests. (even though I never entered any) It was always cool seeing what people would come up with.

As much as I'm always game for some community activity, the last several things I tried to organize all ended in some kind of successively more dramatic failure. I don't even think we have any plans set up for SAGE this year yet. We really are in a bit more of a train wreck right now than most of us want to acknowledge. It'd be great if we could get things back on track though.

As much as I'm always game for some community activity, the last several things I tried to organize all ended in some kind of successively more dramatic failure. I don't even think we have any plans set up for SAGE this year yet. We really are in a bit more of a train wreck right now than most of us want to acknowledge. It'd be great if we could get things back on track though.

Ila's game tournemants were pretty successful.

I wish more people had BlazBlue =(. Not that I could play right now anyway.

I've got an idea though, and maybe if we want to start brainstorming cool ideas for people to do maybe it would be better off in its own thread now I guess, but what about a monthly challenge or so. Almost like the sprite contests, only each month is a different topic or so. So the first month could be "Obligatory Green Hill Zone challenge" type thread where we make level graphics and whatnot that fit that challenge. They don't have to flow together, they can if people want to, but just something like that. Of course if people on SFGHQ wanna use them then I'd have no problem with that. I'd definitely be able to find some time within a month to contribute at least something to a theme like that.

Just an idea. Inspired by a few threads on other sites I post drawings on. They usually have art jams and other cool things so thats where I'm getting this idea from.

I like the idea of a monthly art thing... especially if there is a regular schedule like starting on the 1st and ending at the end of every month. I just don't know if it'll be any more effective than the spriting contests though.

I'll try and see if I can't find a good way to make this have a better probability for success.

I was supposed to host one for Starcraft but never got around to it. I kind of doubt there is a lot of interest in it anyway.

As for a tournament, sounds fun enough, but that leaves the extremely important question of what game.

Right now? Probably Heart Gold and Soul Silver.