A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spring Planning and some Streak Drama

Rael0505

I'd totally jump in, but I don't own BlazBlue... or HeartGold, yet. Sucks hard :(

I can't afford Heart Gold =(. Also I guess I should specify what platform I own BB on, seeing as its split between two systems. I have it on the 360. I planned on getting it for the PS3 as well, but money is tight.

I can't afford Heart Gold =(. Also I guess I should specify what platform I own BB on, seeing as its split between two systems. I have it on the 360. I planned on getting it for the PS3 as well, but money is tight.

Curses! Foiled! I have it on PS3.

I'm trying to work something out similar to the monthly art thing that you suggested. I've got a fairly neat idea kicking around my head that should be pretty fun for everyone and not just those of us who enjoy spriting.

Sweet, can't wait to see what you bring out of it. I only mentioned spriting since that was the only applicable thing I've really seen done in the past, but I'm intrigued by whatever it is you are cooking up :D

Edit: And damn platform split. Maybe when CS comes out I'll be able to obtain it on both platforms. I really love that series too much I think.

He was a bitch as times, even way before Rael and Overbound, but he still was a good member.

I don't get what you mean here. Before Rael and Overbound did what?

But you guys are moderator/admins. You gotta do what you gotta do.

This sounds like you think I'm a mod or admin you know I'm not right?

Anyway, saying you think the actions taken by Brad were justified is hardly rubbing it in Streak's face. Let us not forget Streak is allowed back as long as he can be respectful.

Do you have something to say or are you going to just be a passive-aggressive tool about it?

This forum is probably the loosest in terms of keeping threads on track, but when posts get reported, then somebody has to do something. From the sound of it, it looks like you don't even want moderators at all.

We don't even need moderators. Having a single admin/mod is fine. When did this place get so anal?

Just because a post gets reported doesn't mean you have to do ANYTHING. It got reported. Are you guys in such need to be loved you're at the beck and call of every goddamn report? Christ, man the fuck up.

I was supposed to host one for Starcraft but never got around to it. I kind of doubt there is a lot of interest in it anyway.

As for a tournament, sounds fun enough, but that leaves the extremely important question of what game.

Guilty Gear for the PC has an online patch; BlazBlue should be coming to the PC in April, meaning it would be more *accessible*/*obtainable*; Worms World Party almost has the status of abandonware, but the online servers still work; Yu-Gi-Oh works online with Hamachi; Quake Live is free...

In the end, I'm always up for a retro tournament, emulators are accessible to almost everyone.

I doubt my computer would be able to run BlazBlue properly, but I would be able to give it a shot once it hits the PCs if I can afford it. If not then I'll have to resort to other means, but I really love that series and would rather support it. As for the Guilty Gear patch thing, i'm interested! I bet my computer would be able to handle GG at least. There is also always Street Fighter IV I Guess...even then I dunno if I can handle that one as well haha. Unless you can play Street Fighter II via an emulator against others. I suck at SF now though haha.

I don't get what you mean here. Before Rael and Overbound did what?

This sounds like you think I'm a mod or admin you know I'm not right?

Anyway, saying you think the actions taken by Brad were justified is hardly rubbing it in Streak's face. Let us not forget Streak is allowed back as long as he can be respectful.

Before you joined.

Because, you know, we don't like it when he derails threads with OMG NERDS and stuff. Not even because it's offensive, it's just annoying and derails threads. I'm waiting for Eminence to come in and be like BUT WE CAN IGNORE IT but honestly we know that doesn't happen and I'd rather delete troll posts, especially if they're successful in derailing a thread.

Baha. :) On one point I'm flattered I've gained marginal name recognition over the situation. On the otherhand tis' an "oh well" situation. Streak was talented but a prick. He's been acting this was for a LONG while now and he was getting away with it because of his longrunning with the site.

He preached an aura of pseudo-superiority; tactless it fell short of hitting the mark. *shrugs* It's really a "whatever" at this point. While it was great to see "Streak Thunderstorm" posting, the brevity/lack of content of his postsdidn't make up for the name value.

*ahem*

I'll just say his "contributions" to discussions WON'T be missed. But I do have a bone to pick with you Rael(noceros)! You portrayed my enlightening stance as if I was if I was a flailing noob with a love for Caps Lock. While my arguments albeit not the most popular at the time, we're correographed quite nicely. :)

EDIT: Just realized my post is littered with redundancy. :X

A mini-game contest would be cool, but I can see why people wouldn't opt for it over a videogame tournament. That said, did we ever get around to playing Turtles in Time?

Obviously not, because if we were playing Turtles in Time, a)I would have known about it, and b)I'd be all up in it.