A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

In the next pokemon game, there will be well over 500 pokemon. Maybe it doesn't seem like an insurmountable task to create over 500 sprites which have multiple meaningful animations to you, but from the perspective of a realist, the only way Pokemon is ever going to go that route is if they switch to 3D models and rely heavily on procedural generation of animations... and let's face it, that would look tacky too.

Well my ridiculous solution would be to simply "remake" one of the older games. You know, like Red/Blue/Yellow. And give that one the changes. Although i already know that will never happen. I much perfer the older species to the newer ones. And frankly, with the games no longer backing the show for me (since i dont WATCH pokemon anymore), the fun of the games have almost completely left.

Once the pokemon count went over 250 something the show got dreadfully dull for me, mainly because they just replaced almost all the old pokemon with newer, uglier versions of themselves. And then that number seems to have multiplied since the initial increase, the designs becoming increasingly dull...and there really arent many "abilities" they can give these pokemon that they havent already done in like the first 250 bunch. Every generation they added like 100-130, and at this point its just getting retarded.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time they remake a pokemon game, they add all the new pokemon to it. They aren't going to scale down. Ever.

Anyway, if that isn't working for you, they aren't the only ones in the billions of monsters game. You could always pick up the Shin Megami Tensei series. Some of them have animations for their hundreds of goobers, though they tend to be somewhat lazy about it too.

oh well the games aren't for everyone, wooptie doo, they do have animations for the pokemon when they enter into battle, and that's good enough for me. Honestly that's not a huge selling point for me, the gameplay, deep strategy, and ridiculous amount of choice is what keeps me in.

I'm about to take on whitney's god damn miltank, and i'm scared :|

I can't wait for the R/S/E remakes either. Does that mean we'll get FR/LG remakes too? In Gen 6, D/P/Pt and HG/SS remakes! That would be awful.

Miltank was probably scary because we didn't know how to play the game when we were young. But I put a Heracross on my roster and raped her with Brick Break, so it's all good. :D

Team right now is Cyndaquil, Slowpoke, Doduo, Flaaffy, Exeggcute, and Heracross. Beat Chuck not too recently. His Poliwrath uses Hypnosis + Focus Punch, which completely obliterated my Flaaffy. And I have to add, his Hypnosis hit every single time. Cheating bastard.

I can't wait for the R/S/E remakes either. Does that mean we'll get FR/LG remakes too? In Gen 6, D/P/Pt and HG/SS remakes! That would be awful.

Miltank was probably scary because we didn't know how to play the game when we were young. But I put a Heracross on my roster and raped her with Brick Break, so it's all good. :D

Team right now is Cyndaquil, Slowpoke, Doduo, Flaaffy, Exeggcute, and Heracross. Beat Chuck not too recently. His Poliwrath uses Hypnosis + Focus Punch, which completely obliterated my Flaaffy. And I have to add, his Hypnosis hit every single time. Cheating bastard.

Nice, well my larvitar egg finally hatched (10k+ steps to hatch ouuuch), so my team consists of quilava, ivysaur, totodile, larvitar, umbreon, and the last slot is still under question. Right now I have a bagon in that slot, but I'll probably free it up for something that can fly right off the bat.

And god damnit, Joey keeps calling me to tell me about his effing god tier rattata, no rattata compares to his.

Already? Good going.

Cool beans, SG. Salamence is awesome, too bad you get it at level 50. You know, Joey's RATTATA is in the top percentage of RATTATA because it's different from other RATTATA. You know what I mean? I hate that kid.

Ahh the phone calls. How I miss and don't miss them at the same time. When I was playing the rom back in the old days, I remember that for some reason you'd get a goddamn call every time you closed the menu. Usually Joey and his RATTATA.

"Hey Landon! (My characters name) Its Fred! How's it goin?! I'm here to annoy you about a super weak Pokemon I was too retarded to catch properly! I was Sooooooooooooooooooo close! Well, gotta go, bye! *Click*"

Oh and lets not get started on your mother:

"Hi honey! I used $10,000 of your hard earned cash to buy this inch high doll of Magikarp! Isn't it cute? I hope you don't mind??? I hope you don't mind??? Cause I'm gonna do it again anyways! Well, love you sweetie! Keep battling! *Click*"

Whitney's Miltank is definitely some straight up bullshit. All of my pokemon are male and my strongest two are flying and fire. Attract. Rollout. Stomp the weaker ones.

I was definitely fearing this fight cause my whole team ended up hatching male, until my tyranitar popped out of her egg, she's a beast :D. Buuut she wasn't my heavy hitter, surprisingly enough it was Ivysaur. I immediately leech seeded, and sleep powdered, got her to waste her super potion quickly and vine whipped as much as I could under the attract effects, and finally she knocked ivysaur out which I easily cleaned house with Larvitar. Did you guys know Ivysaur now learns both sleep powder and poison powder at the same effin level? It's almost criminal how much utility the little bastard has right off the bat.

I've already got a ditto and have access to the daycare, if anyone needs any eggs, I can provide. Just ask.

I had Heracross to Brick Break the everloving crap out of Whitney's team, but she kept spamming Super Potions on Miltank. As in, more than one. That was annoying.

I got a lot farther into the game, and I gotta say, there's this really awesome segment right before you invade the Goldenrod Radio Tower.

I'm taking my sweet time with the game, I've clocked like 15 hours and I've only just beat whitney and gotten the sudowoodo. I now have gotten a starcraft 2 invite and I still have to beat FF13, so this game might sit on the backburner for a few days. Plus I need some time away from Joey's borderline stalker phone calls.

been playing the game at random throughout the days, between homework and other business, I'm at 7 badges, and I'm kicking team rocket's ass in goldenrod. I'm pretty sure it's time to remove umbreon from my team, I checked his moveset and it's absolute garbage unfortunately. I'll probably replace him for Bagon, leaving me with 1 more slot on my team, which is taken up by a fly bitch pidgey currently.

After playing platinum recently I'm extremely glad to be fighting gyms where leaders aren't assembling teams of fucking hybrids that throw you off in every town.