A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear chikorita is garbage in both moveset and stats in the end, if that matters to you

Hey, I already caught them all, dude. I'm just playing this for shits and giggles. And cause I never played Gold/Silver. But I decided that I don't like the other two very much.

It is pretty lame, but all of the 2nd starters are pretty lame fighters. The only starters worth using are Infernape, Empoleon, and Swampert. And Charizard, if you're a massive asshole like me. The rest are mediocre.

Hey, I already caught them all, dude. I'm just playing this for shits and giggles. And cause I never played Gold/Silver. But I decided that I don't like the other two very much.

It is pretty lame, but all of the 2nd starters are pretty lame fighters. The only starters worth using are Infernape, Empoleon, and Swampert. And Charizard, if you're a massive asshole like me. The rest are mediocre.

actually totodile has proven extremely useful, he learns a good mix of dark moves along with water type moves, and he even gets ice bite which kicks the dragon gym leaders' ass (aside from kingdra). Plus the guy takes hit like a champion.

Feraligatr is pretty good. It's pretty much just a watered down (lolz) Gyarados, though it's very useful ingame.

Gender ratios can be unforgiving. I tried for the longest time to get a female Modest Eevee and I gave up after a while, it was stupid.

I got my 16th badge yesterday and now I can go do tons of stuff. The GB Sounds thingy kicks ass, I love the old music.

I'm not really that big on Pokemon.. are they any advantages to either sex or is it just a want?

Really it's only for that bullshit charm effect from what I've seen. Charm affects the opposite gender and is basically a lesser version of confusion. I'd be pissed to have a character paralyzed charmed AND confused, god I'd probably throw my game.

The main advantage would be that females produce the desired pokemon in breeding. Males give the moves in their own movesets if the moves are compatiable with that pokemon.

Example: A female Pidgeot breeds with a male Staraptor. The result is a Pidgey that knows Brave Bird (If the Staraptor currently knows the move.)

Nidoqueen can only be female. But you have things like Geodude and Mr. Mime that tell you the localization team didn't think ahead quite enough. And the Machop line, well, isn't very feminine.

Yeah SG, after you get the 16th badge you can get a key item called GB Sounds. It's technically spoilers so

When you flip it on, all the music in the game becomes Game Boy styled. There are some exceptions.

Really it's only for that bullshit charm effect from what I've seen. Charm affects the opposite gender and is basically a lesser version of confusion. I'd be pissed to have a character paralyzed charmed AND confused, god I'd probably throw my game.

Had a pokemon paralyzed and charmed at Whitney's gym... was so frustrating considering my entire party was somehow male at this point. Went off, caught a female Drowzee, and whooped that bitch. :)

Last time I played pokemon and thrown it away was when I trained Nincada just to evolve him so that it would create shedinja. And then I realized that shedinja SUX even though it looks cool and unique.

I know that he should be used only in appropriate situations but these situations just never happened.

The worst part about the new Game Corner is the inability to buy coins (even in Celadon City). That is pretty inexcusable, they're forcing you to play the game. And it's not everyone's game.

Speaking of Azalea Town, I love how the Slowpoke Well was redone.