A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog 3D v0.3

Added new HUD from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

[qimg]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5372/65201546.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9431/10465833.jpg[/qimg]

Now i have three huds in the game, and player can chose his favorite in main menu.

The problem with that HUD becomes the font, it doesn't seem very clear against it.

I finally had a chance to try this on my new computer and it is rather impressive.

I do have a few minor things to comment on though.

- Before the game runs, it does a live update. If security software (or the fire wall) blocks the application from connecting to the internet, the application hags. The problem is that even windows task manager can't kill it. In order to close the application, the entire operation system needs to restart.... while a simple timeout feature would prevent that.

- The controls seem a little odd to me. Being able to customize the controls would be nice.

- When you get hit by an enemy, sometimes you will go flying through barriers, walls, etc. For example, I was fighting knuckles when I was hit through a wall and end up somewhere outside the stage. I know it's just a minor glitch, but I'd thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Other than those minor bugs, I found this game rather enjoyable, and it definitely has potential. One of the most interesting features of this game, is the amount of interaction.

Keep up the good work. =)

I played through the latest demo...and I need to ask...does it only support GL graphic cards? I dont have a GL card but the game worked fine...except for the models(so I could never see sonic). Is there a way you could substitute sprites(I believe you used SRB2 sprites in the older versions) instead or use Direct X support?

I played through the latest demo...and I need to ask...does it only support GL graphic cards? I dont have a GL card but the game worked fine...except for the models(so I could never see sonic). Is there a way you could substitute sprites(I believe you used SRB2 sprites in the older versions) instead or use Direct X support?

Impossible due to the nature of the Duke3D sourceport. it's specifically set up for OpenGL for compatability on all OSes. I doubt a DirectX version will ever be made, as you'd have to rebuild a whole renderer just to do that.

Good idea, but it may to took a very long time to make 8 bit sprites... Is there any good way to convert models to sprite sets?

printscreen? eh...no not really...but there's some good sonic CD sprites you could possibly use. They have sonic drawn at quite a few angles...and with you could do it in such a way that the sprite is always drawn at the same angle as the camera making it so you only need sprites of his back... http://www.themysticalforestzone.com/sprites_2007_Damien/SONIC_archives/Sonic_CD_Skylights.png

Just some ideas...not trying to rush you to do this...because it is still playable without actually seeing sonic.

• 1 month later...