A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog 3D v0.3

I could have sworn I answered that already.

Any other rendering aside from Software for the Duke Sourceport requires a complete and utter re-write of the rendering code. Won't ever happen as it is an open source multi-platform port.

Yes but that's only for the rendering of actual models. SRB2 has a sprite version on top of its model rendering version. I don't see why a sprite version isn't possible for this. When I play demos of this game everything looks right aside from the models...but the actual models become un-identifiable shapes which can obscure my view (ex. the sonic model being the number 1 offender.)

And DW there is such a thing as a non-Open-GL card...I can not run doom, duke nukem, srb2, this game, etc. in open GL mode. However I can play all of those games as they have a sprite mode available for basic 3d graphics cards. (except for this one...as such a thing is not yet implemented...) I have mentioned before, I've seen videos of your earlier builds which used sprites to represent sonic and other models so I know its possible to do it here too. I understand you had used the srb2 sprites but I see no reason you, or someone else, cant make your own sprites, or see if you can get permission from the srb2 staff to use theirs.

Yes but that's only for the rendering of actual models. SRB2 has a sprite version on top of its model rendering version. I don't see why a sprite version isn't possible for this. When I play demos of this game everything looks right aside from the models...but the actual models become un-identifiable shapes which can obscure my view (ex. the sonic model being the number 1 offender.)

And DW there is such a thing as a non-Open-GL card...I can not run doom, duke nukem, srb2, this game, etc. in open GL mode. However I can play all of those games as they have a sprite mode available for basic 3d graphics cards. (except for this one...as such a thing is not yet implemented...) I have mentioned before, I've seen videos of your earlier builds which used sprites to represent sonic and other models so I know its possible to do it here too. I understand you had used the srb2 sprites but I see no reason you, or someone else, cant make your own sprites, or see if you can get permission from the srb2 staff to use theirs.

I'm working on it, but i don't want to use srb2 sprites, i'll make my own.

btw i made checkpoint system... when sonic loses life, the game teleporting him to the last checkpoint.

78309046.th.jpg

• Like 1

I'm working on it, but i don't want to use srb2 sprites, i'll make my own.

btw i made checkpoint system... when sonic loses life, the game teleporting him to the last checkpoint.

[qimg]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3845/78309046.th.jpg[/qimg]

Awesome! Thanks a lot. I know that spriting that will take a long time. So I'll stop trying to ask you about it. :3

It's time to post some information about Sonic Next Generation fan mod for STH3D. This mod is being worked first time by {dakm}. I contacted him some time ago, and now we both are working on the mod. This mod adds atmosphere from original Sonic 2006 in Sonic 3D.

So, what does this mod include?

1.New sounds, music.

2.New graphics, textures, new palette etc.

3.New code and abilities (such as Chaos blast, homing attack, Telekinesis, new objects)

4.New character models, like Shadow, Sonic, Silver, Tails (just a new texture for him, but it still looks good) and more.

5.New hud and new menu style

6.New levels instead of old ones. Wave ocean, Kingdom valley and more.

At the moment we're working on the code, models and graphics. New levels will be added soon, don't worry, we're already working on them.

I've added some screnshots from the mod in the gallery.

So, here's some screenshots, which shows our work.

Menu style:

50918880.th.jpg

Sonic the hedgehog new model:

68372330.th.jpg

70239364.th.jpg

Shadow the hedgehog:

60899971.th.jpg

72496100.th.jpg

And Silver (my favorite character btw).

50380803.th.jpg

23809234.th.jpg

I'm working on Silver's telekinesis abilities. He can fly, pick up boxes and throw them.

15917577.th.jpg

22088112.th.jpg

Lol, i was bored...

26427871.th.jpg

Yeah, this stuff needs a lot of polishing...

First version of the mod will be released with the new demo in november (i hope).

Lol, i was bored...

[qimg]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/196/26427871.th.jpg[/qimg]

Yeah, this stuff needs a lot of polishing...

First version of the mod will be released with the new demo in november (i hope).

Did you make that tower with silver's abilities? If you did then...uh wow...this seems to be moving along quite nicely.

BTW...sonic 06 also needed (A LOT) polishing :P

• 2 weeks later...

This looks good, I'll see if I can try this thing.

EDIT:

Well I was actually able to play. It was pretty good but using the mouse to turn around was a bit of a challenge for me. I got through the first 2 levels but Sonic's dumbass beat me in the 3rd level. Hey, can this game work with PC Controllers, and could maybe use the sticks as the mouse? just askin'.

This looks good, I'll see if I can try this thing.

EDIT:

Well I was actually able to play. It was pretty good but using the mouse to turn around was a bit of a challenge for me. I got through the first 2 levels but Sonic's dumbass beat me in the 3rd level. Hey, can this game work with PC Controllers, and could maybe use the sticks as the mouse? just askin'.

I'm still working on the controls. I think there are will be also some buttons on the keyboard to turn around.