A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mecha Madness...Dead

I'm very sorry to hear that, Streak.

But I notice you're starting to recover. Good for you. ;)

I wish the best for your future projects.

You know, when something I worked on really hard suddenly disappears, I try to tell myself that when I try again, it'll come even better than before.

Until you're ready to carry on with Mecha Madness, take a break. Play your favorite game, take a walk, enjoy the view, read a book, anything. Do you draw? It helps me to relax.

Until you're ready to carry on with Mecha Madness, take a break. Play your favorite game, take a walk, enjoy the view, read a book, anything. Do you draw? It helps me to relax.

Hmm... I care to agree with him. Sorry about this harsh moment Streak...

8GB USB flash drives are only $20 and 250GB external harddrives are only $70. Oh well, hindsight. I'd be devastated to lose so many hundreds of hours of work regardless of circumstance.

I don't suppose the old April 25th, 2008 version I have is of any use/interest?

Edit: I can vouch for Game Maker being good for some of the effects and object-oriented techniques you need/want. If you're looking for a half-way between the power of programming and the "done-for-you-already" functionality of MMF, I'd recommend Game Maker (if for no other reason than that it's the most popular such program than I'm aware of), though it might be more programming-intensive than you want or less free-form and lightweight than you need. Also it has to not bother you that it's DirectX-based.

I've decided to go back to the month old build and re-work. There's alot of things that I'll be changing in the engine. It'll probably only be Sonic and Tails from now on because I don't have the heart to reprogram both helpers again. I'm also reworking the attack system and removing the shield charge attack system. I'm going to make it a bit more simple.

Edit:

Nevermind. I can't update to the new versions.

8GB USB flash drives are only $20 and 250GB external harddrives are only $70.

On Brasil, 8GB USB flash drivers costs only (only?) $80. What a couple of thiefs -.-

And Streak Thunderstorm, I'm happy that you're back in action.

About a more simple project... I'm sure that it would be cool. Dunno if I'm saying that because I spend hours and hours drowning on Phoenix' programmation and gameplay, which one isn't simple (I'm sure that people will die in the first slope when playing for the first time), but it's a good idea. Simple games are easier to make success than the well-elaborated ones (I mean, a hard gameplay).

Can pick up about 5-10gb SD cards for £3-10 over in the UK in our lil computer shop. I like SD cards more than USB. The sticks tend to stick out and I keep bashing it.

I got my tB external HDD for £70 last year. (Plug in one)

-Amesuki

Can pick up about 5-10gb SD cards for £3-10 over in the UK in our lil computer shop. I like SD cards more than USB. The sticks tend to stick out and I keep bashing it.

The problem is that not every computer has an SD card slot, but even my parent's 10 year-old PC running Windows 98 has a USB port. Granted you need to find independent drivers for the Flash Drive, but that's a fairly easy task.

Anyway, I kinda feel like I hijacked Streak's topic with this pricing business. Sorry about that. Good luck with your recover/reinvention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...