A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

Before people croak over Dami's engine.. why not take advantage of the features of MMF2 and try and develop one yourselves? o_O

(There might be a reason he didn't give it out after porting it.. xD)

Before people croak over Dami's engine.. why not take advantage of the features of MMF2 and try and develop one yourselves? o_O

(There might be a reason he didn't give it out after porting it.. xD)

See, we're not as smart as the coding god that is Damizean.:P

I just got my discount code. For having a standard version of MMF 1.5, I get either 42% off of MMF2 or 14% off MMF2 Developer. MMF2 Standard it is =P.

wow, lucky you >:(, I get 7% discount off MMF 2 Dev

I',m still waiting for the extensions to be ported till I buy it. MMF without its extensions is crappy.

Yea Maths Army Knife is made by FireMonkey, if hes still here he can port it.

Is it just me or has nothing new in MMF 2 except scale, rotation and optimization of the render system.

I might as well stick with MMF 1.5.

If anyone can PM me torrent info for MMF 2, I'll be much happy.

Please tell me you didn't just ask for illegal software. =P

And if that's all you think is new in MMF2, you really need to spend more time in it. Not only is the overall interface better, but it gives you alpha blending, plus additive and subtractive blending, the new debugging interface, plus a bunch of functionality that was once only available in third-party extensions now built-in; such as OGG, MOD, and WAV channel support, usage of more advanced math, framerate control...

Heck, see it all for yourself.

Question. Does anyone really USE MMF commercially? Aside from SFGHQ, I don't know of anyone who makes games with click products. Anyone know of some dev companies that actually use this stoof?

Eh, it's not a very good answer, but here's one: http://gamesare.com/main.htm

If you insist... ZOMG BETA. Newly rewritten revision, should work smoother but there are still things I need to work on. I'll upload the old one ported later

Even though it's ported, could you provide an MMF1.5 version? This way it can be editted with MMF still imported into MMF2.

They still haven't made it so you turn gradually in platform movement >:( Who the hell can turn 180 degrees going topspeed and not slow down at all? It's silly! >:(!

What? I figured they'd take the time to do so just like they should've for MMF...

They still haven't made it so you turn gradually in platform movement >:( Who the hell can turn 180 degrees going topspeed and not slow down at all? It's silly! >:(!

This was left because it would break compatability with older game builds from 1.5 and tgf etc.

When the SDK comes out we should see some interesting thing, one guy on the clickteam forums even said as an example "sonic style movement"

This was left because it would break compatability with older game builds from 1.5 and tgf etc.

Ah, that makes sense. There should've been two seperate movements now that I think of it, but SDK takes care of that.

When the SDK comes out we should see some interesting thing, one guy on the clickteam forums even said as an example "sonic style movement"

Heh, that would kill like all our efforts in trying to design the perfect Sonic engine.