A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 is almost upon us

shadowgoten

This was left because it would break compatability with older game builds from 1.5 and tgf etc.

When the SDK comes out we should see some interesting thing, one guy on the clickteam forums even said as an example "sonic style movement"

Oh :<

That's an interesting thought. "The Sonic Movement Object" =P

Though I agree, it would totally destroy the means of being a great fan game designer. Building your own engines from scratch, learning new things...they're making it to where you don't really learn much in MMF2. =P

Please tell me you didn't just ask for illegal software. =P

And if that's all you think is new in MMF2, you really need to spend more time in it. Not only is the overall interface better, but it gives you alpha blending, plus additive and subtractive blending, the new debugging interface, plus a bunch of functionality that was once only available in third-party extensions now built-in; such as OGG, MOD, and WAV channel support, usage of more advanced math, framerate control...

Heck, see it all for yourself.

UUhhhhh NO I DIDN'T! :)

And ya, I see all that but the events are slower than in V. 1.5. I dont kow what Alpha blending is. Also, I saw the OGG support, and THANK GOD!

some teachers maybe for educational programs. btw i got my code from the upgrade page by sending my previous product details. Only 7% but its still ok.

I'm stilling having difficulties, how did you send it? Where on their site does it say to? Thanks.

Seems I finally bought purple.

One of the things I like most of MMF2 is the auto-update. This way, Clickteam can release several small updates from time to time instead of release an entire new build (and even forgetting to download it).

In the MMF2 Beta (from the convention in 2005), the auto-update worked like a charm. It goes fast, troubless and smooth.

The guys at Clickteam are already working hard on fixing some glitches/bugs. At least, that's what they say they are doing. :P

That's an interesting thought. "The Sonic Movement Object" =P

Though I agree, it would totally destroy the means of being a great fan game designer. Building your own engines from scratch, learning new things...they're making it to where you don't really learn much in MMF2. =P

People might FINISH games now though,

UUhhhhh NO I DIDN'T! :)

And ya, I see all that but the events are slower than in V. 1.5. I dont kow what Alpha blending is. Also, I saw the OGG support, and THANK GOD!

It shows an example of what alpha blending is right there on the page. :P Basically, it lets you create smoother, semi-transparent edges rather than rough/opaque ones.

This MMF is still the same to me though. There aren't enough major improvements for making me want to get this one. Instead I'll probably stick with GM :/

How did I know you were going to say that, Dami? ;)

I know this was probably asked allready, but there are quite a few pages to go through right now and I am in PA on a ____ty wireless connection.

How do you achieve the discount code for having MMF1.5?

Wesker, go here.

Just so you guys know the extensions that Clickteam will be bringing to us shortly, here's a list: Bonus Pack 1.

As for other extensions, I know Matt Galanto (AKA Matt of Bumderland, his extensions found here) is working on porting his extensions. Most notably for most of us is the Associative Array object used in Dami's engine. Additionally, the Direction Calaulator by Philip Williams, has been given to Yves on the Clickteam to be ported. Lastly, I talked to Marcello personally (guy who made Mode 7 Ex, Fast Loop, Advanced Math Object) and he couldn't port his extensions easily (and he doesn't care to take the time to do it). However, he said he'd release the source code, and today I just say a post by Novabrain over on the Clickteam forums and he said Marcello's extensions would be ported, so that's good news.

If I find out any more info, I'll be sure to post it here as I know not everyone goes to the Clickteam Forums =P.