A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog // (The Sonic OVA fan game)

P3DR0

@P3DRO: So I guess I'd love to see that.

Damn that this kind of technique is being wasted with a Sonic fangame, but oh well.

Take it up with Sega... If I recall they did have a poll that let fans vote on what kinda story book series should come next!

Maybe you can present this to them as a spin-off game or EasterEgg game, you never know

• 2 weeks later...

Blinking with only pupils looks creepy for yet. I know Sonic did that in classic games (In Sonic 2 to be exact) but there they at least were turning dashes.

This really need to be tweaked.

But personally I prefer blinking with eaves. But you should take into account that in classic games his eaves were beige and in modern games they are blue (except for Sonic Advance 1 and 2, in Sonic Advance 3 they are blue)

Blinking with only pupils looks creepy for yet. I know Sonic did that in classic games (In Sonic 2 to be exact) but there they at least were turning dashes.

This really need to be tweaked.

But personally I prefer blinking with eaves. But you should take into account that in classic games his eaves were beige and in modern games they are blue (except for Sonic Advance 1 and 2, in Sonic Advance 3 they are blue)

I would like to remember that the game is based on Sonic OVA's universe.

hqdefault.jpg

It's a remix of Land of the Sky from the Sonic OVA! EEEEEEEEE!
Well it's not a remix but thanks. If it looks like Sonic OVA's music, I have the honor to think that we're on the right tracks. :D

I'm not sure what people are really going on about as far as what it's being based off of. It's obviously old school Sonic CD/Sonic OVA classic hedgehog and his quills are quite bouncy in all of those. Now as for a bit of commentary towards others:

AMT:

I think he's referring to the fact that you've been posting in reply to every little contradiction someone says to your commentary with a simple one sentence line that doesn't really have a lot of relevance to the topic. He's probably annoyed at the fact that your main complaint seems to be the difference between classic Sonic and "modern" Sonic and all your comments so far have more or less stemmed from that. Even though he previously stated a while back that he was going for a Sonic OVA feel.

The ear line thing... honestly I don't even see what you're talking about. In other words though, stop taking it so seriously and being all defensive, ya' know? Also keep in mind that his english is somewhat skewed being a non-native speaker, so take his comments with a grain of salt and not 100% literal, ya' know? Chillax bro =O

That said though, I am a little irked by your "present it to SEGA" comment and would very much like to direct you to a sticky topic related to that kind of very dangerous thinking:

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3939

And keep in mind homie, while may comment may seem a bit critical of you, it's mostly just friendly advice, so keep it real and don't wig out on me, alright?

Felik: Really? I don't really see a problem with the pupil blinking. It gives Sonic a more fluid "cartoonyness" that I think works really well for him. It accents his sassy attitude and feeling of outrageous speed, by giving him a sort of "slightly distorted reality" essence that makes him more fun. At least in my opinion.

P3dro:

I got to say P3dro, this game looks more than just a little impressive, it's downright amazing. I can't wait to play a demo. I absolutely love the feeling of speed it seems to have in the game play videos and the supporting graphics are jaw dropping! I would be more than happy to offer you hosting for the game if you want a reliable, fast, direct link (no redirect page) means of distributing your project, I got a rather nice sepwich account.

As for your model, I think it's quite possibly one of the most unique and impressive depictions of Sonic in a game yet, yet still manages to stay very true to the ORIGINAL hedgehog hero we all know and love. Much kudos goes to you for this impressive feat of stylization. It's very refreshing to see classic Sonic back once again and with such quality and excellence at that. I haven't seen anything of this caliber as far as bringing back the old school hedgehog since the updated sprites for Sonic Robo Blast 2.

You have an excellent project going here and I really can't wait to see it!

Edit: I also would be interested in hosting the soundtrack for this game for ya if you'd be willing to release the individual tracks because the music is fucking amazing.

No no no! I'm definitely not against pupil blinking. I'm just pointing out that it needs tweaking. Even in Sonic OVA his pupils turn small dashes. In example of animation P3DRO shown us, Sonic's pupils just shrink and disappear instead of turning even very small dashes.

Thanks a lot, Perfect Chaos Zero. I really appreciate the support and the motivation you are giving to us.

Anyway, fresh new song:

Aerial Ambush theme (HD Version). Enjoy. ;)

... Have you been playing Mega Man lately? Because a part of this theme sounds an awfully lot like one of the classic "Get Weapon" themes... Specifically, MM3.

I'm not sure what people are really going on about as far as what it's being based off of. It's obviously old school Sonic CD/Sonic OVA classic hedgehog and his quills are quite bouncy in all of those.

No they're not.They're not that bouncy not even in 2006

I mean,srlsy,he was just TURNING HIS HEAD,and his quills bounced like crazy :/

Like the new song,btw