A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lush

Criseg

Game Title:

"Sonic Lush"

Desired Author Name:

Criseg

Email:

[email protected]

Brief Game Description:

"Sonic lush" is a result of a lot of work in the Damizean and Rogeyoshi Sonic dash engine, I'm editing the engine for have all ready to start making a real game.

Actually is incomplete and I admit it haves a few bugs, I'll fix them.

Screen shots:

screenshot102-3.jpg

screenshot100-5.jpg

Game Link:

Download Sonic Lush

• Like 1

The better question is why does Serephim attempt to correct people all the time when its just not necessary. Especially when he don't even take the time to play the game and take the time to comment on the subject of the topic. lame.

Anyway, the game has a solid engine and I like that you've created some gimmicks of your own and really made the game your own as well. The major problem is the level design it needs work big time. I don't see much in the way of multiple paths and there are lots of cheep kills that are caused by the level design. My suggestion to you is search google for Sonic level maps and study them then take another stab at level design. Its always a good idea to plan your levels on graph paper first too.

The better question is why does Serephim attempt to correct people all the time when its just not necessary. Especially when he don't even take the time to play the game and take the time to comment on the subject of the topic. lame.

I mean, its just a good amount of redundancy to tell someone who obviously did something on purpose that they need to change it. Especially when its just the name.

Sue me, i usually wait for the first few reviews before i come back and play the game myself to give my own. Its just a bit annoying when the first thing i ALWAYS hear in these topics are "the name is generic change it plz", like we ARENT talking about a frigging fangame here.

Anyway, i see no problem in the level design overbound, espically since its a test level named "Example Coast". He can have no level design issues when its obviously not a level. Maybe you shouldn't talk to the guy like he doesn't know what hes doing, erm?

Engine problems i have though. Grinding is too annoying for me. I think you should make that little trick he does not actually disconnect him from the rail, and also send him forward a bit. Also you need to implement a Crouch feature to speed up the rail a bit, because lots of the time i get on one it takes a full 6 seconds to actually move down it. And if you want, you might want to implement a button for actually getting off the rail if you dont want to be on.

The gravity thing is an amazing feature. Pretty darn neat, hope you use it (but not overuse it >.>).

Sonic accelerates a tad too slow as well. Maybe it was because the game was actually lagging for me though.

One more thing that annoyed me was the camera. Its neat when sonic leaves the camera, but not when it takes him to fully pass the screen before it decides to try and catch up. That's just screaming to have someone spindash off a cliff or into something unpleasant.

Other than that, its pretty awesome. Start makin those levels!

Combo splice! I mean Comma splice. Yeah.

I'm not really feeling the years of work, but this would be a pretty good starting point for anyone wanting to make a game in the vein of Sonic Advance... and I'm kind of getting the vibe that you are marketing this as an engine from the opening help file.

I missed to delete this part:

"Remember: you can use this engine, but you MUST give credit depending on what you used.", An accident...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...