A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lush

Criseg

LOOKS VERY GOOD, guy. I saw a video :D

Well, dunno if it's intentional, but think you must change some level names (I mean, you've put Green Hill, Snow Hill, Sh*t Hill... XDD) it looks bit repetitive.

And I've noticed you're doing a fast game. I'm doing one too (yeah, I know, faster than your game) and this is a problem for seeing what exists in front. Maybe you must change the game's window size (I had to change it to 400x240, originaly it was 320x240).

Well, just suggesting. Your game is going awesome :D

this is a problem for seeing what exists in front. Maybe you must change the game's window size (I had to change it to 400x240, originaly it was 320x240).

Usually this can be countered with good level design.

Very professional looking game in any case. I noticed the zone names that LH mentioned, though they seem more like they were done to poke some fun at the original Green Hill. =P

Could you upload it somewhere else? Because:

"Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.

Please try later or upgrade to sendspace Max™ to enable guaranteed slots and instant, fast downloads."

I wait 60 second to retry only to see this again and again and again...

It's pretty good. I have a few complains, though.

1. The framerate. It's simply too bad to play. It took me fifteen minutes to complete Green Hill act 1 when the timer was at about 2:30. Wow.

2. The way you name the levels. They all end in "Hill". That's boring.

3. The title. Sonic Lush... Makes it sound like a Hong Kong bootleg of Sonic Rush.

Edit: Just noticed the fuss over the name in the first few pages. But oh well. I listed other stuff too.

It's pretty good. I have a few complains, though.

1. The framerate. It's simply too bad to play. It took me fifteen minutes to complete Green Hill act 1 when the timer was at about 2:30. Wow.

For the framerate, I put an option who speeds up the game by resizing the graphics details. Should go more fast if is activated. is on options.

Good effort. I like the pace, it feels like I have proper control over Sonic because the game doesn't resort to the 'hold-right' school of Sonic gaming. However, the music doesn't match particularly well with the graphical style. I think the Green Hill stage could use a little work to make it look more original and I'm not too keen on the background for Desert Hill. I'm really against the forced-full-screen. An option to have the game windowed would be nice. Otherwise a good playing game and a good start.

• 2 months later...