A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Black Knight. Yeah.

Sonic in gold armor?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Way to steal my original character, Sega. I know you totally went on my Deviant Art, saw Gold The Herohog Lancelot and stole the concept. I hate you forever.

Also, third human girl Sonic's gonna hook up with. This guy's got a fetish or something.

I'm secretly optimistic about this game...

Speaking of Lancelot, this makes Amy the surrogate mother of Shadow in a bizzare upfucking of the overall continuity. It also means that Shadow is destined to bang Arthur's wife, who is probably human adding to that bizzarro factor. And who knows what could happen if we bring Spamalot into the picture!

They probably shouldn't use it in the game either. The instrumental version is much better.

I've been thinking on this one a little, and I'm wagering that the golden armor isn't a super form, but rather more akin to speed/time break from SatSR. It makes sense when you realize that the various floating orbs to collect are the same shade of glowing yellow, and they obviously indicate that there is another bar to charge this time around... undoubtedly of that yellow color.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I suppose that this will be the same quality as 'Sonic and the Secret Rings', mixed reception leaning more towards positive than negative. Which I think is a shame. There's something wrong with the 'Storybook spin-off series' being of overall better quality than the 'main series'.

Or because they are based on a fantasy, like sonic games should be, instead of a reality. Sonic Adventure was great because it integrated a "real-world" setting in a fantastic way. Sonic Adventure 2 was only good because it tried to making everything even realer. Sonic 06 is worse for the same reason.

The 'main story' was all fine and dandy until Sonic Adventure 2 IMO. As soon as they started using the phrase 'secret military weapon' everything went down the drain. It's like when Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) or Condemned 2 started sprouting phrases like 'Ancient Mystical Cult'.

Sonic Heroes was geared even more towards kids than Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 was, so silly things like that are understandable. The stages that were in Sonic Heroes felt like real sonic stages, aside from the fact they were crappily designed that is.

Isn't this supposed to be an expansion for Unleashed? I heard it's just a download for the Wii version of Unleashed...but thats just a rumor. I must say um... not a game that SONIC should be in but at least it is looking better than their last flop.

I think they need to make a good story like the one from Sonic 360 and then give it an actual game, like the style in sonic adventure 2 (rather than a string of load times and bad level design).