A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mega Man 9 out on WiiWare

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe we'll get lucky and the XBLA version will have SNES graphics :E

Well, after the whole "Resident Evil 4 will be a GameCube exclusive", it wouldn't really surprise me.

Also, keeping in mind the crapload of 2D games Capcom made for arcades during their existence, they could bother with making some more exclusive oldschool stuff for WiiWare? I mean, a "Cadillacs and Dinosaurs 2" would be awesome.

I for one trust Capcom's word on this. They're, after all, known for delivering unique, exclusive gaming experiences carefully tailored to each specific platform that never get ported.

They're not into the franchise milking business.

Especially not with the Megaman series.

I for one trust Capcom's word on this. They're, after all, known for delivering unique, exclusive gaming experiences carefully tailored to each specific platform that never get ported.

lol.jpg

It's becoming more and more difficult to detect sarcasm over the internet...

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/mega-man-9-wiiware/preview/mega-man-9-exclusive-reveal/a-20080702154756565049/g-20080626165055938021

Galaxy Man: level consists of portals that fling Mega Man all around the level, maintaining his momentum with each fling (a lot like Portal, actually), plus enemies that divide into multiple copies of themselves.

attachment.php?attachmentid=857&stc=1&d=1215189208

post-17-138639762474_thumb.jpg

Confirmed lack of Mega Buster and Slide gets a thumbs down from me :(

If you'd payed just a wee bit more attention to the interviews that have already been mentioned, sliding and charging have to be unlocked. It's been mentioned that it has a Megaman 7/8ish style shopping component.

Seeing is believing. All I'd seen before that were a couple articles that weren't all that specific about it.

This.

Either way it's lose-lose, since buying abilities that are pretty damn important is just silly. There's buying little upgrades like shooting through walls in MM&B, and there's buying shit that was already readily available in 1980whatever.

Hold that thought. I need to kill the same respawning enemy 500 times so I can buy the dash ability in Super Mario. Back in a few hours.

If you'd payed just a wee bit more attention to the interviews that have already been mentioned, sliding and charging have to be unlocked. It's been mentioned that it has a Megaman 7/8ish style shopping component.

Well, good. At least they are only going back to NES graphics style and not actually removing features. I kinda liked the shopping and equipping stuff.

I hope they don't get stupid and limit themselves to a NES palette and stuff. I mean, they can have that style without being... stupid.

This.

Either way it's lose-lose, since buying abilities that are pretty damn important is just silly. There's buying little upgrades like shooting through walls in MM&B, and there's buying shit that was already readily available in 1980whatever.

Hold that thought. I need to kill the same respawning enemy 500 times so I can buy the dash ability in Super Mario. Back in a few hours.

But in your case, seeing wasn't believing. Seeing was a quick way of jumping to conclusions.

And there is nothing wrong with buying important abilities. I've always liked RPG elements in games. Besides, in all of those Megaman games, you tend to have enough stuff to buy your items and abilities in a couple stages just playing through normally. If you want to treat it as a grind, that's entirely your choice.

By the way, if you try to talk back, I'll just delete your post :P This thread now continues.

I made two valid points in two separate edits, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

And a lifetime supply of DW mind control. Censorship for the mind.

Heil DW.

EDIT: BTW is Nintendo getting save files in my NES ROM Hack, or do I need to bust out the graph paper for some dotted passwords? I almost miss those fucking passwords.

EDIT 2: Article that's posted everywhere, but whatever. Says MM9 is going to be a bigger deal than most of us think it is:

http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/EverythingWrongIsRightAgain

Go ahead and browse the rest of the site's articles at your own leisure. Makes for some fun light reading.