A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

I'm not that far yet. I'm trying to play the game sparingly and make it last. I have the bad habit of blowing new Sonic games in one sitting. : p

I find it odd though that I've never heard Endless Possibility yet. I found a CD of it to listen to, but that's it.

"You could always sell 06 if you hate it so much and replace it with Unleashed."

Hell yah, 3 bucks! Honestly, though, I've thought about it several times and have always come to the same conclusion: it can't be worth very much.

"It feels like a 'What if Sonic Adventure never happened?' thing."

I don't think the problem was Sonic Adventure. I think it was the games that came after it. Although, arguably, after SA2 is when people really started to polarize.

"You could always sell 06 if you hate it so much and replace it with Unleashed."

Hell yah, 3 bucks! Honestly, though, it can't be worth very much.

"It feels like a 'What if Sonic Adventure never happened?' thing."

I don't think the problem was Sonic Adventure. I think it was the games that came after it. Although, arguably, after SA2 is when people really started to polarize.

Nah, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Sonic Adventure was bad. I'm just saying that all other new Sonic games were kinda based off of it, when this doesn't feel like it at all.

I have just purchased a copy of the 360 Sonic Unleashed and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with the daytime stages. There were still some glitches and issues in the game, but I can honestly see this game as a step in the right direction. The engine was very well polished and proved that when you take your time, you can make something decent. The nighttime levels are boring at times, but they aren't as terrible (IMHO) as alot of the reviewers like to make it seem. I hear that the Wii version has better level designs. How much better are they?

I have just purchased a copy of the 360 Sonic Unleashed and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with the daytime stages. There were still some glitches and issues in the game, but I can honestly see this game as a step in the right direction. The engine was very well polished and proved that when you take your time, you can make something decent. The nighttime levels are boring at times, but they aren't as terrible (IMHO) as alot of the reviewers like to make it seem. I hear that the Wii version has better level designs. How much better are they?

The werehog stages are fun in the Wii version. They have a lot of platforming surprisingly.

Except some asshole decided it was funny to add small platforms over large pits in some stages. God fucking damn it Chun-Nan Act 2 and Holoska Act 2.

The daytime act 2\3s suffer from absolutely terrible design.

Shamar has, so far, been the best level in the game alongside Holoska. The levels start getting more complex later on.

I want to play adabat day so bad, but I gotta play the night stage first and I don't like that I wiped at the very end of the night stage :(.

I just got the game and I have to say that I like it, but also am still disappointed. There are still the cheesy lines and movies. I didn't find the werehog stages to be fun. Maybe as I level up I will like it more.You can move the camera around but it feels jumpy.

The things I do like are the stage are beautiful, and Sonic is sort of cool again. I am sure it's going to get better as I go along.

I have to scratch what I said about the Act 2\3s. Some of them are terrible, but some of them, like Chun'nan Act 2, are freaking amazing. It's completely 2.5D and really reminded me of a classic Sonic level in terms of design.

The main game is pissing me off a bit though, because after just reaching the level 6 medal level to play Shamar's night and save the continent, I have to go over to Adabat, and I already played one night level in Adabat, yet they put another one with a level 7 requirement with the actual temple key. (The daytime level is still not unlocked either) Now I have to go replay just about everything and look in every nook and cranny to collect like 30+ moon medals. :(

Shamar has, so far, been the best level in the game alongside Holoska. The levels start getting more complex later on.

I disagree, I find that Mazuri is the overall better level. One because they limit the amount of god damned bottomless pits, and Two because the last bit of the level where you're sidescrolling up the tree to the top is probably the finest bit of Sonic gaming I've ever played in a long time because if you fall off, you just land a section below rather than a bottomless pit.

________

NEW MEXICO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Hmm... based on what you guys say, I think the verdict of the finally published Destructoid Review sounds about right...

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-review-sonic-unleashed-112928.phtml#ext

I haven't played it yet, but according to this, the Game (360 version) varies from amazing to rubbish.

Verdict: Delicious Chocolate cake with a bag of nails baked in...

I guess I'll pick it up as a rental..

I really don't think you should base your decision on reviews. At least, I don't. I make my own judgment. I bought Shadow The Hedgehog, despite the fact that it got like a 5. I'd give it 7. Anyway, I think it's kind of bias to base someone one someone else's review without judging it for yourself.

I really don't think you should base your decision on reviews. At least, I don't. I make my own judgment. I bought Shadow The Hedgehog, despite the fact that it got like a 5. I'd give it 7. Anyway, I think it's kind of bias to base someone one someone else's review without judging it for yourself.

I think I'm a special case in this matter. I have no PS3, no Xbox360, no Wii, no PS2 and Unleashed has no PC version. I haven't played Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic 2k6 or Shadow the Hedgehog, but I like to be kept up to date, and the only way I can be kept up to date is with reviews. Now, I've stopped trusting sites like Gamespot, I have no intention on listening to other Sonic communities, and the only members whose objective opinion I trust here (regarding this matter) are Brad and DW (I have my reasons), so yeah, I'll wait for either of them to post something smart and find out whether Sonic games have stopped sucking.