A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

@Smidge

twodee

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

Nah, but ironically these people will also bitch about how it sucks because it's massively popular as well. What server do you play on twodee?

Nah, but ironically these people will also bitch about how it sucks because it's massively popular as well. What server do you play on twodee?

Am I allowed to say that it sucks because it makes people pay monthly so it can steal their souls?

Guest Shadix

touche! However you can broaden that attack to assault the entire genre, nonetheless videogames in general with that logic.

touche! However you can broaden that attack to assault the entire genre, nonetheless videogames in general with that logic.

Agreed, you certainly could if you broadened the spectrum. Honestly, the only reason why I have such an issue with WoW is because you constantly pay to continue playing. MMORPG's steal souls by nature, this is a given (I play GW, so I know), but I think the payment at the store for the game is enough. Pay once, play as long as you like...if Blizzard charges monthly, the game should be a free download, that's what I think...have one or the other, not both.

You can tell it's WoW because half of its graphics are re-used from Warcraft 3 (also Quel'Danas is so a Warcraft name). I would wonder how come people might hadn't played Warcraft 3, but it's really no Starcraft or Diablo 2.

The only people who say WoW sucks, are the people to cheap to afford it.

Wrong. I can most certainly afford it. I just don't want to waste my money on it. In all seriousness, WoW is a pretty good game, I'll give it that. I just don't like it because I'd rather spend my money on other things. I like spending money on my girlfriend, buying new computer parts, and going places more than throwing a ton of money away to a game. If other people want to play WoW, I won't stop them, that's their choice. It just sometimes feels like some people don't understand why others choose not to play.

I play WoW, have a 70 and am in a Top 20 guild (on my server anyway), but when you spend so much time in RL you can't do much to progress. As Gamerdude said I got better things to spend money on, like my first holiday away from the folks ^^

Since we're on the subject of WoW, did anyone go to Gutrots 70 ding party?

(Gutrot went from 1 to 70 without weapons or armour for those not knowing)

About 1500 players made lvl 1 alts and raided Stormwind, was total epic win and managed to crash the server from everyone using chat :P And I'm not kidding, took 20-30 seconds for a message to appear after pressing enter at 50ms.

Video here for those interested:

Guest Shadix
You can tell it's WoW because half of its graphics are re-used from Warcraft 3 (also Quel'Danas is so a Warcraft name). I would wonder how come people might hadn't played Warcraft 3, but it's really no Starcraft or Diablo 2.

Oh psh, they aren't reused. I think the graphics processing engine lies on Warcraft 3 technology, but the models sure aren't reused.

The only reason WoW ever hit me the way it did is because I had been obsessed with the Warcraft series and the lore before WoW even existed. I always thought Warcraft deserved more notoriety, as the old games pretty much served as a backdrop when compared to the success of it's scifi sister. Like, as an example I freaking flipped out when the basis of the first expansion had a crapload of Warcraft 2 throwback.

One thing I've always wondered though... Why are there still not Orc Viking helms like the grunts wore up to this point. :\

Pay once, play as long as you like...if Blizzard charges monthly, the game should be a free download, that's what I think...have one or the other, not both.

You know, I agree with that...which is why I didn't buy my copy of PSU! ^-^

The only reason WoW ever hit me the way it did is because I had been obsessed with the Warcraft series and the lore before WoW even existed. I always thought Warcraft deserved more notoriety, as the old games pretty much served as a backdrop when compared to the success of it's scifi sister. Like, as an example I freaking flipped out when the basis of the first expansion had a crapload of Warcraft 2 throwback.

I never liked Warcraft, I was always a Starcraft guy. I saw Warcraft as an invasion on my favorite PC game when WC3 was released.

Wrong. I can most certainly afford it. I just don't want to waste my money on it. In all seriousness, WoW is a pretty good game, I'll give it that. I just don't like it because I'd rather spend my money on other things. I like spending money on my girlfriend, buying new computer parts, and going places more than throwing a ton of money away to a game. If other people want to play WoW, I won't stop them, that's their choice. It just sometimes feels like some people don't understand why others choose not to play.

I mean, it costs 25cents a day.

Oh psh, they aren't reused. I think the graphics processing engine lies on Warcraft 3 technology, but the models sure aren't reused.

I was referring mostly to the tool tips, parts of the interface, font and such. Well, half of the graphics by screen real-estate.