A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dragonball Movie gets faces

Guest Shadix

There are two pics of Goku, and both are completely unemotional.

...that's not right, that's not right at all. In the manga and anime, he was always smiling, stupefied or had a frown on his face. He's not doing any of those... and that's really disappointing.

Almost as disappointing as Master Roshi's lack of sunglasses.

Glad to see they pulled off a good IRL Bulma though. Just wish they had given Goku and Roshi a bit more time in the costume department.

Guest Shadix

Eh? I think Bulma could've been quite a bit less drastic. What would've been interesting is if they did do the purple hair but gave her a contemporary cut.

I watched The Invisible atleast four times as soon as I found out Justin Chatwin was playing Goku, and I was thrilled. No more, however. That hair is fucking terrible. Someone murder the stylist, please.

The first pic pissed me off with the stupid hair, but after a while I grew into it. I mean they could've made it hella crazy like Goku's actual hair, but this style makes better sense for a cartoon adaption.

And no complains for master roshi, for it is chow yun fat. Sunglasses would've been cool though

Oh my god. The Invisible was one of my favorite movies, but this guy just isn't Goku. I'm disgusted. No matter how bad this looks, I feel obligated to watch, though. Please don't ruin my childhood.

Another thing, I know it's unlikely, but I really hope they have Bruce Faulconer compose the soundtrack. It just isn't DBZ without him.

Goku needs more hair, and what the fuck more emotion. God, the guy playing him looks like an emo. I hope he isnt as quiet and collected as he looks in the acting or this is going to be to the anime what the Harry potter movies were to the books.

That said, the chick they picked for bulma is great, although i do believe they should give her some form of colored hair just because. (i do understand it would look really really wierd on actual people.)

Im suprised yamcha is asian, and im kind of angry roshi doesnt have the big glasses, but its chow yun fat, so who cares.

i wonder if they are going to do the actors like they did 300 and make them do retarded training so they can grow wtfmuscles.

And holy shit i just noticed that this says "Dragonball" and not "dragonball Z". At least this means they wont have to try to make tons of energy balls and beam attacks look realistic, because i was seriously thinking this was going to involve the sayians.

Oh, you are always complaining about everything!!! xDD

You are always complaining, but, someone of you tried to think as the stylist of the movie? What hair would you make?? This is a very difficult choice. And, if it's suposed that all should be as real as it's possible, I think the hair looks nice.

Well, just wait for the first trailer

Oh, you are always complaining about everything!!! xDD

You are always complaining, but, someone of you tried to think as the stylist of the movie? What hair would you make?? This is a very difficult choice. And, if it's suposed that all should be as real as it's possible, I think the hair looks nice.

Well, just wait for the first trailer

im not entirely positive, but i think that was directed at me

Not really. Since I'm here, I've seen a lot of people criticising the upcoming things, like some stuff of sonic unleashed. Also, some people is too rudy with some members of this community.

I know I've not been enough time here to talk about this, but it's what I feel xD

Now, I see this negative opinions about something. Sorry, it's only I'm not used to see something like that...

That's all.