A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic: The Fated Hour - July 2009 Update

Yeah, this is Blaze's topic.

TRD: uh *points up* enough about SonicSV AZU is right, lets not spamm this.

*Thoughts on Xmas Demo: I love all the effects for rings, level effects and such along with the amazing gameplay of the feel of Sonic2k6 style, this has to be one of the best fangames *Including SonicXG and SonicNexus btw* I've ever seen. It has got to also be the most stirdy Custom engine too. PLEASE DON'T EVER QUITE THIS and 10 Dollars say you can finish it, I DARE YA.

*Thoughts on Sage08 Demo* I must admit i was slightly disapointed with the graphics, a little repetative i must say. I do however like the new gimicks and stuff you've made but I don't think the 08 demo had that much...ya know...*Awesomeness* but this is just my veiws of course they can be Over opinioned by others. Keep goes and let us know of everything =D.

Ontopic: Whats next for TFH blaze, new levels idea n such?

Well, I need to get Sonic's equip menu in. I have ideas on how to handle it, but I haven't tried to implement them yet.

After that, I will start building the levels I have in the list of levels I worked out a couple months ago. Once I get all of those (level design comes first), I will implement the story in the levels.

And then the game will be done, more or less.

What don't you understand, True Sonic? He's saying that there's graphical clashing in the desert background of Fated Hour. And I think he brings up a valid point - I was thinking the same thing.

And it was a product purely of not having enough time to go through and draw any originally myself.

Come to think of it, I should have done that in the Version E update...

Oh well. :P

I think everything in this game is beautifully unique and exactly the way it should be, apart from one thing. I grasp the idea that this is in no way a traditional Sonic game, but the backgrounds are a bit too bland to me. :|

I think if the ground tiles were to be changed, I'd deal.

But still, gameplay over all. I love it.

I think everything in this game is beautifully unique and exactly the way it should be, apart from one thing. I grasp the idea that this is in no way a traditional Sonic game, but the backgrounds are a bit too bland to me. :|

I think if the ground tiles were to be changed, I'd deal.

But still, gameplay over all. I love it.

Basicly you need to match the styles (the background is just to real for the other sprites) doesn't match like what Zal said.

Edit: Since I'm going to bed like, now, if you want the new demo, just keep checking here until it goes up in a two or three hours.

Congratulations, Blaze. You always manage to impress us.

Don't tell me you're going through with that Unleashed thing, are you? :cool: Playing along with the demos, are we?

I really like how the level gets flooded. Something like that didn't happen in an official game since Sonic 3, when the walls started closing and changing (in Marble Garden, if I'm not mistaken).

Well done there.

Although I have some suggestions:

1. Since the Christmas is coming, can you present us with a new version of the 2007 Christmas demo? Add to it stuff you added to the new demo (and stuff you will continue adding 'til Xmas); make the level bigger (and improved graphics if you want, I personally love the current ones), etc.

2. When you finally complete the game (whenever it is), add to it all the levels (or improved versions) you've given us through the demos, and most likely won't be in the final game. I think it would be great to see the cool demo levels you've made with the final engine and such.

Sounds like the game freezes like it did for Azu.

Huh. I guess the MFA is corrupted. Try this EXE instead:

http://blazemp3.sepwich.com/SAGE%20Demo.rar

I made that using an old trick a friend taught me to un-corrupt MMF stuff (copy and paste all the frames in to a fresh MFA). If that works, I'll slyly update the version on Moddb with this version, too. Maybe even fix a couple of the smaller things you guys mentioned (the rain sound looping, etc.)

Sounds like the game freezes like it did for Azu.

Huh. I guess the MFA is corrupted. Try this EXE instead:

http://blazemp3.sepwich.com/SAGE%20Demo.rar

I made that using an old trick a friend taught me to un-corrupt MMF stuff (copy and paste all the frames in to a fresh MFA). If that works, I'll slyly update the version on Moddb with this version, too. Maybe even fix a couple of the smaller things you guys mentioned (the rain sound looping, etc.)

I try to open it, but it closes. Is this happening to anyone else?

Wait, wait.

Are you guys extracting this to the same directory as your current TFH SAGE demo install? When you first start the game up, it looks for settings.ini and if this is your first time running the game (firstrun=0), it closes itself and attempts to launch Settings.exe (Settings.exe then sets firstrun to 1).

If it can't find Settings.ini, it's not going to launch.