A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Brawl Tourney #2: Underway, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

shadowgoten

Crippling lag can do that to me. *PK THUNDER!* *thunder flies around by can't quite hit Lucas* *dies XO*

Whoa, hot damn this is a fun spoiler!

Oh, and to PG, a roaring fuck you, lubed only by astringent, with a garbage bag full of the hardest, most vile, most VD-ridden dicks to the point where you can't even close it with those pullstring things. And how is THAT for tl;dr? You self-idolizing ass-cunt.

I find it funny, no absolutely hilarious, that you go on and on about what a real champ can do while pretty much every competitive player rarely ever plays with items in the first place. Every real tournament, including Melee at MLG, has been played with items off, and generally speaking, item play is considered by and large by most to be considered purely casual. At least I'm willing to put a little concession out there. At least I'm willing to say that items are a large part of the mechanics of the game. But when I don't want instant kill shit on, you use that as an excuse to insult me? Your bullshit rules aren't any better than my bullshit rules. Thats pretty much the point of the damn game is that everyone gets their own bullshit rules some of the time. I don't see a fuckin' one of us who plays the game in 2:00 minutes timed mode with items set to medium with every single one of them on.

So really, fuck you. You can suck cocks in hell, in a well, on a boat on a moat, and all the rest of the doctor seuss shit I don't care to come up with right now.

Thats cause I like the instant kills, the unexpected deaths. (aka KABOOM!) Just playing is enough for me. Plus my best friend makes the game twice as fun, saying funny lines every now and then. You'd think losing over and over would annoy me, but nope; As long as I'm laughing and having fun "Fuck winning and all that tourney shit."

I'm happy I can laugh at my own accidental deaths and not get mad over it. The closest thing to mad I get on this game is just a simple "Awww that was gaaaay"

The dragoon is not that difficult to dodge, unless you arent physically playing with people near you. In 4 player brawls its quite easy, i usually just go near someone so the user can believe hes getting a 2-for-1 special only to have me hit the Matrix while the other guy gets pounded.

1v1's are a tad different. I dont think ive ever played a 1v1 match (with items on high, btw) where someone has gotten the dragoon pieces. I just dont remember. Unless they have 10 sensitivity Halo 3 l33t nosc0pe moving sniper headshot skillz, its not a 100% free kill.

Its always a means of predicting what your opponent will do and making him do what you want him to. It IS a gamble though, becuase if your doing a sidestep dodge or (most definately) a roll, you have a good chance of getting hit once you screw up if your player has good aim, but i doubt anyone here has perfect dragoon aim anyway, so why the fuck are we going on about it.

Anyway, this friday i might try to catch u guys on WiFi around 4 or 5, im supposed to be going over a friends house to brawl it up and we are gonna be doing some 2p WiFi as well, so we can face off with some of you guys.

I seriously am getting really good with Zelda. I actually think she is on the verge of becoming my new main OVER link (who has been my main since SSB). I started learning how to use her on Melee but was discouraged since absolutely all of her moves were broken and did not work thanks to the horrible spotting in all her smashes.

Brawl has improved Zelda so much that it doesnt even feel like the same character. Shes at least double the speed, Dins Fire is among my FAVROITE techniques in the entire game, naryu's love is far more effective in keeping opponents off you, and her teleportation move KNOCKS BACK when you arrive at your destination.

Oh my fucking GOD zelda is a beast on this game. Definatley recieved the most upgrades of the entire cast. Aside from maybe Toon Link, but its not really a comparison to Young Link since YL sucked.

Ike is also a really difficult person to manage in multiplayer Brawls. However i dont find him as much as a hassle in 1v1's, but his ability to close the gap by killing you with 45 damage while youre doing him in 121 is quite amazing.

Edit: Me and my usual group of brawlers, in the hundreds of brawl matches we have played, have NEVER completed a Timed match. The only time they are executed is when someone forgets to set it to stock, in which case we reset and start over anyway.

Well thats cool. I prefer to play with just a tad less of an instantly-tilting playing field, but I figure the main concept behind Smash Brothers is you play the game you want to play.

@Seraph: Items being on high doesn't actually make getting the dragoon pieces any easier. Personally, I've never had any trouble with the aiming part at all. It's the stare-down where the real contest begins. Of course though, I am talking about 1v1s. I'm one of those jerks who just doesn't like FFAs :P

The one thing i WILL say is unfair however is Smash Balls. In most cases they are really fun to have on, but in 1v1's they just do NOT work out. You can get a 3-1 lead on someone, only to have them get a smash ball and even the score. (Trust me. Its happened. Yoshi, Sonic and Pit.)

3 and 4 player matches though, smash balls be a musttt

Nothing more fun than Ike getting a smash ball and having the whole stage run from him, having everyone wonder who is about to get ass raped off the screen

Proven wrong? Sakurai is the guy who says the game is what you want it to be douche. Why do you think he put all these options in the game like item switch and handicapping? It's to let people play the game the way they want to play it. Not so that dipshits like you can say that people are playing it the wrong way because they find one element of it to be less than to their taste.

• Like 1

It's hard to take the LV9 CPU seriously anymore. All you have to do is spam Specials and Smashes with Ike, and they keel over and die. This is a huge comparison to trying to take any of them on with Mario or Ice Climbers, which is like getting your head beaten with a 2x4 every 5 minutes.

My struggles with R.O.B have been more thrilling, though. Once I learned how to use R.O.B's recovery to pursuit my opponent's offstage, it was like I had suddenly acquired mind bullets. It pleases me greatly to be the only person I know who can play a mean R.O.B, and I truly mean "mean."

Proven wrong? Sakurai is the guy who says the game is what you want it to be douche. Why do you think he put all these options in the game like item switch and handicapping? It's to let people play the game the way they want to play it. Not so that dipshits like you can say that people are playing it the wrong way because they find one element of it to be less than to their taste.

I was merely pointing out that the random element that can completely flip a match was and always will be the biggest focus of Smash (aside from the crossover fanfest). Also you're the one bitching about items, then telling me it can be played any way. Pick a side you, you, you...FLIP FLOPPER.

Anywho, this topic is for signups for the tourney, not for you to bitch about shit then be all "but it can be played however you want lolol". Pardon me, but I'd appreciate it if you just shut the hell up so that this topic can be just about our tourney. Feel free to start your own debate topic in the debate forum. kthxbi.

Obviously the biggest focus of Smash Brothers is having random characters from (mostly) Nintendo games beat the hell out of eachother. Not your Mario-Kart syndrome.

But Hey. Fuck off. You are the one who acted like there was something wrong with me because I don't like the damn dragoon. I've never said anything aside from that people should be allowed to play the way they please rather than having to conform to whatever bullshit set of rules is being denoted that minute without being termed some kind of scrub.

Also, you can't just tell people to "shut the hell up" while going on and on about it. Thats just stupid. But hey, I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

You made this into what it is. You made it a personal attack. And frankly, the only way I'll drop it is if you back the fuck down.

Alright girls, it's nice that we're all talking trash, but we still gotta keep it civil around here, items can be negotiable by the players, the ruleset we post is the general guidelines. So if you really hate the dragoon that much, go ahead, don't use it. With low item appearance, the dragoon rarely shows up anyway.

A quick note before I go to bed: In a match, its either Dragoon or Final Smashes. If no Dragoon shows up you're getting smash orbs, if the dragoon shows up you're not getting a smash orb until the beast is launched.

I have a proposal: we keep the 4 stock thing standard, as well as a random stage, but I think we could do some kind of virtual coin flip or something to determine who (as in one of the two competitors) gets to decide which items are on. Even better, go two out of three so the other guy gets a chance too.