A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anime Suggestion

Asuma

Guest Shadix

You want an anime with humor and long-drawn rants?

Cromartie High

(animation is terrible, but I think it's intentional)

You want an anime with sex slave space chicks and horny slutty english teachers?

D.E.A.R.S.

Check out Air (the TV series, not the movie. Movie wasn't as good). It's very light and easy to watch throughout most of the series, but it has what has been regarded as one of the saddest endings in anime. Definitely worth a watch. Amazing art and music too.

If you haven't seen it, Shuffle is also pretty good.

@Smidge: yea, this season seems pretty shitty. The only thing I might watch is Druaga, even if it's not a comedy after episode 1. Nothing will compete to last year's Lucky Star, Gurren Lagann and ZSZ trifecta.

@Aero: you best not be making fun of Misa Misa. She's just so adorable when she's all "LIGHT I WUV YOU SO MUCH :3". They're so adorable. Sadly, the dub just passed Ep 25, meaning there's no reason to watch it now.

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (狂乱家族日記 / "Frenzied family diary") is the newest bullshit this season (and there is basically nothing airing this season really worth watching, IMHO.) I refuse to watch it but it sounds like something you might enjoy.

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=3577

=Smidge=

I love it. It's very funny!

Guest Shadix

Or you can watch my first suggestion. :E

Would recommend dub over JP though, unless you are one of those jerks who won't watch dubs even when the dub adds to the overall humor. :E

If you haven't seen Golden Boy, thats the first that you should see regardless of what these other guys are saying.

After that, you might consider Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu. Thats pretty funny.

If you are interested in anime where humor is tertiary when present at all, then I'd highly recommend the Twelve Kingdoms.

Guest Shadix

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu is like an OVA spinoff. It's hilarious. It's like what happens to FMP when there isn't a dramatic superplot going on in the background.

- Perfect example. Sousuke trains a wimpy Rugby team.

---

Azu: There are links to some clips in my post on the previous page of the anime I was talking about. :E