A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chaotix RPG Sprite Project

=D Lol, the knuckles looks good, but I just put an updated sheet in my last post. *check above* I'll add in your animation and repost it. And sure, I can do some of the retro sprites for you. I'll probably only be able to do Tails and Knuckles though. Actually, I could use the chaotix characters from Knuckles Chaotix. Well I want to finish up the advanced sprites first.

Almost forgot. Nice edit of Tails to get it to fit. =) I'll fix up the order and repost it along with his jumping set. I may attempt to do a character's walking forward sprite too. I've forgotten how much I like to do this stuff along with programming.

I'll probably only be able to do Tails and Knuckles though. Actually

Please no retro sprites of Sonic characters other than Amy. Retro Tails and Knuckles will NOT be appearing in this game.

If you wanted to you could start by Advancing this Genesis/ MegaDrive Pulseman, you did a good job with Tails Super Mini and you only have to do the required walking poses and if you think you're upto it all of the poses for a battle are there as well-

sprites_pulseman.gif

Of course it's only a suggestion.

Tapika: The punch would look nice if it had the explosion effect just like Emerl's ultimate move. In other words, I like the punch attack too. =)

Sonic-Blitz: Oh, I thought you were asking of Retro sprites of Sonic characters. =P Let's see, honestly I never saw nor heard of that character before. It also lacks a good looking forward and backward sprite that I can work off of. Hmm... I'll see what I can do.

*Rereads post* What a sec, you want me to make it look like it's for the game boy? In other words, make it look like the advanced style? I'll be honest and say I like to edit and mess around with sprites, but that seems like a tough job. Is there an advance character that looks similar but not just like him that I can use to base it off of?

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

KnucklesMAP-1.png

NOW, you can say the Knuckles walking sprite sheet is done. =) I did one final lighting edit to the looking backwards sprite and organized your edits into the sheet.

I think I'm going to take a break from this for a little while and come back either later today or tomorrow. I've been working on this stuff for much of yesterday and all morning today. =P

Edit: Okay, the reason I seem so edgy to do that Pulseman sprite is because I never attempted anything like that before. That doesn't mean I'm going to back away from it though. I'll see what I can do to complete your request and if for any reason it comes out bad I'll let you know. =/

PulsemanMap.png

A Pulseman Advanced sprite, if you've never played the game or heard of the character then it may be a bit of a dodgy job so I'll do Pulseman. I'll find someone who quite alot of people know like NiGHTS for you if you want.

Tapika- Can't believe I missed your post, sorry. Super is now much better and I can add the energy field and I'll use a battle animation if an explosion for Super's punch to make it look powerful. Accepted, well done!

Hmm... I see. I believe I could do Ristar for you. I've seen it before and if I can find a sprite sheet it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Also, I'm not sure if you started it already but if you didn't, do you think I could attempt to do Tails' walking forward animation? I've been avoiding doing them lately and I think I want to give it a try. If I'm successful, then I'll do it for Amy, Cream, and Retro Sonic too.

Hmm... I see. I believe I could do Ristar for you. I've seen it before and if I can find a sprite sheet it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Theres not a single Ristar sprite sheet in existance, this why I ripped the sprites for an old RPG I was making back when I was using 2K3. I ripped these sprites using screenshots taken in Gens over 8 months ago so not all the poses are there, for a walking foward/ backward sprite you could do what tapika did and merge two sprites together and edit it from there-Ristar.png

(ignor that sprite at the bottom, it's an RPG 2K3 default.)

Also, I'm not sure if you started it already but if you didn't, do you think I could attempt to do Tails' walking forward animation? I've been avoiding doing them lately and I think I want to give it a try. If I'm successful, then I'll do it for Amy, Cream, and Retro Sonic too.

Sure, I havn't started it yet anyway, been caught up in so much stuff recently, I'm supposed to have the Mighty script finsihed by friday but all I've got so far is-

Mighty Story

Ray:

So I'll spend all night tommorow getting that done.

Thanks for all the help you've been giving me as well guys, not one other forum I've posted this in has reached even three pages!?

You havent added it to the list yet.

Sorry been busy, I'll do it right away.

Oh and LarkSS, since this is based off the characters from Sonic The Movie shouldn't Knuckles look like this-

sm7.jpg

sm12.jpg

Without the hat and cooler shoes Knuckles won't look right, I'm editing the first post with this reference of Old Man.

sonicaps_012.jpg

It's much clearer than the other one.

Happy spriting!

Man, I haven't been on the internet for about 2 days. =P I'll see if I can rip some more Ristar sprites. I know how to use the VisualBoy Advance to do so and I don't think it'll be too hard with Gens. And I'll see what I can do about Knuckles. I basically won't be doing to much editting to get him to look like how he does in the movie. ( You aren't thinking of giving him that wierd floating ability, are you? =P )

Now THAT is what I call a coincidence, i was working on my PulseMan advanced sprite just a few minutes ago =D

Here's the current version, i'll add and arrange the necessary animations then post up a finished version

attachment.php?attachmentid=29&stc=1&d=1150479987

-Flash

Lol, that is a coincidence. =D Do you think you can make the forward and backward animation for him as well?

Edit: Did you know Sonic-Blitz that Knuckles Advance's shoe is almost exactly like the Sonic the Movie Knuckles' shoe? I just need to change the red to yellow and the yellow to red. =P

Thanks, i'm thinking of attempting a VectorMan advance as well, if i have the time.

Incidentally, i seem to have a slight talent for advance-ifying sprites, so just call me up on AIM or ask on here if you want any help with ristar

-Flash

Thanks. =) I'll let you know if I need any help.

Sorry Sonic-Blitz that I hadn't done much in awhile. I know there's no need to rush, but I said I'd get those sprites done earlier and I've been rather lazy in doing so. =/ I'll try and do more work on them either today or tomorrow.

Yosh, fixed up the head when walkings forward. Here's the animation, tell me if it's ok, and I'll fix up the sheet.

metaloverlordwalkforward27vq.gif

The only problem I can see with changing the front head, is the back head might look a bit messed up when turning around (Since the Back head is based off the front head) when I get around to giving the sheet to you, tell me if it looks bad and I'll fix it up.

Edit : Ignore the fact the ears are the wrong colour. I'm gonna fix that now, but can't be bothered reanimated it.

Oh, and I got the Overlord idle's eyes looking how I wanted. It hit me, if they become to dark when glowing... why don't I have it like this

1st Frame Normal, 2nd Frame Brighter, 3rd Frame Normal, 4th Frame Darker. I think it looks a lot better this way.

overlordidle5da.gif

I like the new forward animation and I see what you mean about the glowing eyes, they look much better. I really don't think the backwards animation will clash too much with the new forward animation, but I guess if they do you can always edit it.

How's this for Knuckles' hat and shoe?

HatShoe.png

I couldn't fit the coins with a star on the blue strap of his hat without it looking distorted. And yes, I'm aware I suck at making hats. =P

Sorry I've been away for a bit-

Flash- Pulseman looks, well, thin...You can take my sprite and work off that if you like and I'll give you full credit for the sheet if you finish it. It is nice to see someone other than me, LarkSS, Tapika and Someone2040 join the project though.

LarkSS- Nice hat and shoes, although the one you stuck on Knuckles looks like it would better suit a sidewards walking sprite.

Someone2040- Awesome, much better. I'm loving the idle pose as well.

I'm taking MANY characters off the list for now I only want Pulseman, Ristar and Vectorman as the secret unlockables alongside Retro Sonic and Amy. As the main cast Vanilla is being removed and Tiara Boobowski will be added as a replacement. As far as the storyline goes, yes, Amy, Sarah and Tiara will all be fighting over Sonic.

By thin, how do you mean?

See, your sprite is just the pulseman sprite with advance shading, i made mine so it's the same size as the SA sprites (sonic, specifically), so i kinda need to know what to do >__>;

-Flash