A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Title Card Contest

Slingerland

It just seems like a pointless rule to me. In almost all cases, people will need to change the name of the level on the card anyway. If anything, they should include a batch of text with every letter to go with the title card... but making a font is a bit much work for something like this. In any event, just Emerald Hill is in no way adequate, so why bother?

What's with the rambling all of a sudden? If you're still trying to be funny, it's not working anymore.

But it's true though. It's just a simple rule...it's not hard...just..do it.

Also, you're not exactly one who could qualify as the next Jim Carrey. Just letting you know.

PNGs can be animated? I mean, I've heard of a few examples, but none really had any support anywhere...

It's a specialized format. You'd need to get a viewer or a browser to use them. In fact, the reason it isn't default to Firefox right now is because there are many options for which type of animated png file to use. The advantage obviously is that you get much greater color depth and retain the ability to use animation. There was a build of firefox a long time back I that supported xpng I think... but that got cut due to some crash it caused.

EDIT: Supposedly, Firefox has animated png format right now in the form of APNG.

Here's Azu's entry, it's a bit rough cos he just needed the grade.

th_AZUCARD-1.jpg

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Sir_Euan/?action=view&current=AZUCARD-1.flv

This is just a joke! Referring to this thread http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=4027

Don't take offence Azu!

EDIT: I must stress this is only meant as a light hearted joke, please don't be offended Azu!

• Like 2

I might as well join in for fun. It gave me a chance to think, what if SSK was a platformer and not a fighting-like game? The title card would be more like this

sfghqpsbtitlecard1jv6.png

I might actually adapt this design to my current title card... it looks alot better than the one I have now XD.

• Like 1

Well, I'm no artist but I decided to give it a shot anyway... If I can enter, there's no reason you shouldn't either all you non-artists out there...

titlecard.png

I'll try to get it animated tomorrow or Wednesday along with some minor tweaks...

There's a lot of animation going on here in the way I imagined it... Also, the big empty area is where your current character goes... So like here it's Sonic alone, it could be Sonic and Tails, Tails and Knux, Silver and Shadow (please don't...) or whatever...

*edit* Now that I think of it... I don't really like the Green Pane...

• Like 1