A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Title Card Contest

Slingerland

Quick last-minute entry, so it's the slightest bit rushed. Wish I had time to animate it in Game Maker (as well as fix the horrible red ellipse thingy), but I'm quite happy for the amount of time spent. All is original spriting (albeit semi-closely looking at the real stuff) except the cloud and the text (cause I'm not good with fancy text).

attachment.php?attachmentid=671&stc=1&d=1205904487

post-20-13863976154_thumb.png

• Like 1

attachment.php?attachmentid=672&stc=1&d=1205918123

Sadly my animation skills aren't up to scratch, so a static image will have to do. The basic idea was to fade the background in as black and white, have the parts of the title brought in and then have Sonic fly up from the bottom of the screen to land on the ground.

attachment.php?attachmentid=673&stc=1&d=1205918665

Ah, the good old days...

post-37-138639761542_thumb.png

post-37-138639761543_thumb.png

• Like 1

Nope, shit ends tonight at 11:59 PM in whatever time zone you're in. Delaying it once will result in a never-ending cycle of delaying. (See: platform spriting contest)

I think that only applies by necessity if you are extending it because of lack of desired participation or if there was time-sensitive aftermath that needed to be done (like the personal judging of said event). But I agree that there was ample warning and there are plenty of entries.

Looks nice, both of them... and I believe it says right in the first post you can enter as many as you want...

And I can think of many ways of animating that... In fact.. If you could see what's going on in my head right now... Except for... oh forget it...

So I guess I got around to animating it after all. Don't bother looking at the code. It's not pretty. Press space when it's not in the middle of something to start/end the animation.

Exe version in the zip. Sorry for the "Made with GameMaker" logo and big size. I figured there are a fair amount of Vista users and don't have immediate access to GM7 registered.

title_card.gm6

title_card.zip