A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Jan 30th: International 'Delete your MySpace page day'

Smidge204

Actually, the reason I dislike Myspace so much is related pretty heavily to the reasons SG and I were talking about people hating GTA unjustly for...

Meatheads love MySpace like black people love Walmart and Six Flags (over Georgia especially).

Heh... I bet Midi would get a kick out of that one. Wherever he's gone :'(

Or... it could be those of us with enough sense to realize Face Book is the same thing in a more formal, less retarded environment, and about a million times better.

I'll give you the fact that I don't have a lot of friends. In real life, I have maybe 30 people in mind whom I actually would trust further than I can throw them... but I do like to keep track of people who I'd call friends in spite of not knowing that well on a real basis... which is what most friends are in reality I guess. Maybe its because I don't really consider those people friends that Myspace isn't really something I like. Afterall, there assholes who don't even have the remotest clue who you are will constantly ask you to be their friend.

But, does that give your opinion the authority to destroy it for everyone else, particularly the smart people who have been able to exploit the promotional capabilities?

It's not anywhere close to your authority to decide whether we should go to Facebook or Myspace.

I just fucking hate the whole "anti-conformist" regime that happens whenever something reaches tremendous popularity, where this small collective decides that it is their job to make decisions for everyone else.

...and even though the text of this message seems directed directly at you, I'm really saying this to anyone who has the gall to say that destroying myspace is a good idea.

• Like 1

My friend's MOM has a Myspace.

It'd getting out of hand, America. Let's end this in one fell swoop: I want Myspace and MTV. Dead. The iLife fad, too, but Steve Jobs is another battle for another day.

It's the turtlenecks...GRRR THEY MAEK ME SO MAD.

But seriously, did you even read the list of grievances, or did you cut right to the part were people said "myspace sux"? Because it lists out a fair share of complaints that a lot of people have. It'd be nice if they at least fixed half that shit.

Like I said earlier, I'm fine with this as long as the motivation is for change, because there is some stupid stuff on MySpace, but if this is some illmannered attempt at destroying the site, I can not feel remorse.

Either way, regardless of how selfrighteous you feel about this, that doesn't give you, the minority, a right to destroy things for the majority, just because you think you are the smarter individual.

I don't have a MySpace, because I think it's ugly looking, but yeah...Facebook is all right. It was considerably more awesome when applications where non-existent. Sure, I do have some applications, but they serve a worthwhile purpose and act as "advanced groups." Being in "Nebraska Football/St. Louis Blues Fans" is better than "What kind of drunk are you?," where you're done with the application in like...3 seconds.

Also, if you doodes have a Facebook, get in the sexiest group on Facebook:

http://unl.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2228768784

I thought facebook was confusing at first, but once you get used to it it's so much better than myspace. Granted, I never did use either very much, but since I got a facebook I stopped going on myspace entirely.

I don't want to delete my myspace though. I just won't use it.

Shadix, if you'd been paying attention, I pretty much said I didn't care enough about it to willfully want to destroy it.

and if you paid attention, you would of saw that I stated that that statement was not specifically directed at you.

I actually agree with most of the points they list on that site, myspace needs to have an overhaul on their system, I privated my page just so I wouldn't get spammed by fuckhead fembots, and it worked for a good month or 2, and then all of a sudden they came back, I get one like once a week.

But that doesn't make me want to flip out and kill the makers of myspace or get the page taken down.

Also, facebook is great, ignore all the application invites and you're fine. They're just another little diversion you can toy with if you really wanted to, and some of hte applications are neat, I actually have an xbox live one that shows my recently played games and points earned.