A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Jan 30th: International 'Delete your MySpace page day'

Smidge204

Reading that last of problems, I'm confused as to what website he's talking about.

I barely have any of those problems.

My only complaint about MySpace is that my friends tend to use the Bulletin Board as a means to pass on chain letters and surveys, so when I actually have some kind of announcement of value, it gets bumped down within minutes.

Other than that, MySpace is a perfectly passable (albeit ___gy) attempt at a social networking site.

Meh, I've had enough of people bashing myspace just because it's the popular thing and it has... oh my god... emo people! As if the rest of the world doesn't already. Big friggin' deal. From what I've used of it, it's a perfectly reasonable social site with even a few extras. No problem with that.

As for that bogus list on that website, you can't blame myspace for spammers. Spammers are on everything. Email, forums, every single popular webpage out there. Also, every website has some glitch where once in a very long while, a post won't go through when you hit the post button. That's not unusual at all.

Meh, Myspace is the only means of communication I have with some otherwise unreachable people.

Plus, if I have to delete my artist profile again I'm gonna cry :E.

What really aggravates me are the people like you guys to whom hating the site and not using it isnt enough, but rather you have to seek site destruction. I exploit myspace. It has people, people listen to music, people like.

If you guys are fighting for changes to their service then go on ahead though, I'm fine with that, because I do admit the site has some really stupid features.

I'm convinced that most people that don't like Myspace, are the people who lack any REAL friends they'd like to keep in contact with.

I mean what reason is there to hate it? If they simply "don't care", then they should be indifferent...

Jealousy babes.

Or... it could be those of us with enough sense to realize Face Book is the same thing in a more formal, less retarded environment, and about a million times better.

I'll give you the fact that I don't have a lot of friends. In real life, I have maybe 30 people in mind whom I actually would trust further than I can throw them... but I do like to keep track of people who I'd call friends in spite of not knowing that well on a real basis... which is what most friends are in reality I guess. Maybe its because I don't really consider those people friends that Myspace isn't really something I like. Afterall, there assholes who don't even have the remotest clue who you are will constantly ask you to be their friend.

Or... it could be those of us with enough sense to realize Face Book is the same thing in a more formal, less retarded environment, and about a million times better.

I'll give you the fact that I don't have a lot of friends. In real life, I have maybe 30 people in mind whom I actually would trust further than I can throw them... but I do like to keep track of people who I'd call friends in spite of not knowing that well on a real basis... which is what most friends are in reality I guess. Maybe its because I don't really consider those people friends that Myspace isn't really something I like. Afterall, there assholes who don't even have the remotest clue who you are will constantly ask you to be their friend.

Now I'll admit Face Book is far better. I just don't see that as justification for people to go on a vendetta against it. It'd be like someone hating Playstation 3, just because they thought XBOX 360 was better.

The thing that pisses me off about Myspace though... is all the bands that add you. If you could genuinely approach me with your band, I'd be more than happy to give them a chance. But when you have a bot search my profile page for Band Names... It just gets a tad ridiculous.

(Oh... and when 12 year old girls want to "cyber", that's always fun. O.o)

Then you must be doing something wrong. On both accounts.

Epic win.

Because Myspace annoyed the fuck out of me. If I worked at a store and you wanted to buy something from me, and every time I was annoying to you, you'd be pissed at me. So what do you do? You complain to someone, because that's what people do.

Now let's say I annoyed most of the internet. They all start complaining, but I get even worse. Eventually, they'll all pitch in and buy a bomb.